It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You must be High on the desert, to think your on the moon.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Do you know that there are 100's of pictures of guy's faces through there visors when they are on earth.
Nice very clear ones,
Don't you think if you were the first dude on La Luna you would want your bud to take your picture for posterity.
You know what they have tons of pictures of space suits-- no men. Oh one very, very poor one. Maybe.
What's with that? Camera shy?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
In the spirit of getting back on the thread.
Here is a little comparison.

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Nice video letthereaderunderstand.

In the spirit of this thread, let us speculate on what kind of studio the moonwalk may have been filmed in.

I would say that perhaps giant inflatable structures might do the trick for some shots. They could be readily set up in somewhere in the high desert where the terrain meets as many of the requirements as possible for simulating a moonwalk. Then the simulated lunar soil would not get blown away and could hang around for the special effects shots.

This method would make the sky in the images seem patent-leather black and the whole set-up could be rapidly deployed and taken down. If anybody saw anything at all, it would be a big inflatable dome - nothing worth raising a ruckus about.
Perhaps some of the moonwalk images betray this secret....

*I call this "The Giant Inflatable Quonset Hut Theory"

Edit: The above Apollo image is AS17-136-20758.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Exuberant1....thank you for your post.

I had never thought of that, all though I do have a similar idea using a circular curtain to have as a back drop...like this sketch up model I did. I believe that most of the shots are shot in actual daylight. I know if you have a nice clear sky it is no problem to make it black and would explain no stars...

(click to open player in new window)

Again, excellent points...

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Here is something else you might find interesting.

The following three images show something lighting up parts of the lunar surface. The Apollo missions allegedly did not have spotlights with them, so perhaps what we are seeing here is the result of poor studio lighting coordination....

AS14-70-9835
www.lpi.usra.edu...

AS14-70-9836
www.lpi.usra.edu...

AS14-70-9837
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Here is an animation that Internos made of these three frames:

*I thought you might like this.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Hey Exuby, how are you?

What do you think?

Add this to Houston Control and free houses for Astronauts and let's not forget our old buddy LBJ.

By rights all this crap should have been build on Cape Cod.

Check the date. Let's find out the politics behind it. Shall we?

Reliant Astrodome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reliant Astrodome, also known as the Houston Astrodome or simply the Astrodome, is the world's first domed sports stadium, located in Houston, Texas, USA. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Astrodome - Similar

Reliant Astrodome, also known as the Houston Astrodome or simply the Astrodome, is the world's first domed sports stadium, located in Houston, Texas, USA. The stadium is part of the Reliant Park complex. It opened in 1965 as Harris County Domed Stadium and was nicknamed the "Eighth Wonder of the World".[2]

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ooops the plot thickens--who da thunk?

Astrodome: Introduction
1982), who in the early 1960s paid $5 million for 495 acres of swampland 6 ... can see [the Astrodome, then under construction] and go back to Kalamazoo, ...

www.columbia.edu/cu/gsapp/BT/DOMES/HOUSTON/intro.html - Similar

The Astrodome was masterminded by a colorful Houstonian named Judge Roy Hofheinz (d. 1982), who in the early 1960s paid $5 million for 495 acres of swampland 6 miles south of downtown Houston, spent $1.2 million to drain it, and then sold 180 acres to Harris County for $5 million, retaining the remaining 315 acres to develop into the privately-owned complex that today contains a hotel, a convention hall complex, and the Astroworld Amusement park. Using his political influence (he had been a county judge, mayor of Houston, state legislator, and Lyndon B. Johnson's campaign manager), Hofheinz induced the Texas highway department to accelerate plans to build Loop 610, which today borders the site. Meanwhile, he bought a controlling portion of shares in the Houston Colt .45s, an undistinguished baseball team which had been franchised in 1962. He changed the team's name to the Houston Astros to honor the recent arrival of NASA's huge manned spacecraft center, which would put a man on the moon in 1969.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I spend hours out of my day, almost every day reading about apollo missions to the moon. There are inconsistancies, I agree with the ability to go back to the moon, and the technology that was developed. Yet again one must remember that all this stuff was stored on MICOFICHE and most likey at the end of Apollo-Sky-lab, Discarded due to budget cuts and storage issues. Truthfully I don't know what happened to all the Documents.

I do have one Hypothesis: The Military agency that is DOD decided it was in their best interest to have all the building instructions that would be easy for civilians or rogue countries to place their hands upon, CLASSIFIED and locked up. Therefore making sure no one had the template to the Apollo "WHEEL" at there disposal!

Spend some time looking at all the sides, not just one and then its easier to find what your looking for, it works for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You know....ALL the proper evidence is there for you, but you and certain of your cronies refuse to see??

AND bring more and more ridiculous YouTube videos (bokomen, YT user "greenamgoos" is one of the most idiotic and prolific fraudsters out there. He really is a complete moron. BUT, I see you brought HIS video as Proof? Really weak; Really. Weak.)

And, now Exuby comes in with completely laughable 'contributions'?

Pick a side, Exuby, pick a side. You flip-flop more than a dying fish on the beach sand.

For ALL of you Apollo deniers? The pablum you bring wallows in ignorance, since you willfully ignore the facts and the generosity shown to you, very politely I might add, over and over again.

I am trying to be at least civil (but time for politeness is over) here. Wanna stay ignorant and believe nonsense? Then, do so. It's your choice to make.

BUT, for the sake of this site, and the sanity of those who actually have something to contribute, may I suggest you take it elsewhere? This sort of garbage pollutes the threads of ATS.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You know....ALL the proper evidence is there for you, but you and certain of your cronies refuse to see??

AND bring more and more ridiculous YouTube videos (bokomen, YT user "greenamgoos" is one of the most idiotic and prolific fraudsters out there. He really is a complete moron. BUT, I see you brought HIS video as Proof? Really weak; Really. Weak.)

And, now Exuby comes in with completely laughable 'contributions'?

Pick a side, Exuby, pick a side. You flip-flop more than a dying fish on the beach sand.

For ALL of you Apollo deniers? The pablum you bring wallows in ignorance, since you willfully ignore the facts and the generosity shown to you, very politely I might add, over and over again.

I am trying to be at least civil (but time for politeness is over) here. Wanna stay ignorant and believe nonsense? Then, do so. It's your choice to make.

BUT, for the sake of this site, and the sanity of those who actually have something to contribute, may I suggest you take it elsewhere? This sort of garbage pollutes the threads of ATS.

Quite hypocritical there weedy

Ridiculous,idiotic, fraudster,moron
Poor Exubie. Dying fish! shame on you weedy.
Pablum,wallow in ignorance

Not to mention totally ranty.
What do you think about the ASTRO DOME weedy. To close to the bone?
To close to mission control trol?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The 'Trick of Light" seen on these images are known as:

Clair-Obscur Effects
the-moon.wikispaces.com...

Know as an interplay of light shadow....

Maybe some sort of TLP from the Sun angles in these images.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Why do you spend so much time?
Don't you have a job?
I look at clouds from both side now----
And when I started I found a Universe of inconsistencies and the very linear path of the money and the corruption. Not to mention all the dead. All I have to do is search and read. And compare it to what I have lived.
Worst of all the folks that paid for this ball of crap called APOLLO have been taken to the cleaners and have squat to show for it. What ?---now you can drink your own piss in space Wa Hoooo!
A big Texas WOOOOP.
If you read all you say you do--- Please show how much it cost to do something folks have been doing for health and in life rafts for centuries.
Maybe you and folks like weedy can attend NASA meetings and tell all your swell ideas to those people. Oh! That's where you get them. NASA ain' t batting 300 wouldn't you agree?
I have the records of my family back into the mid 1400's. NASA fail.
JFK is rolling in his grave. So is LBJ but for a different reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Why do you spend so much time?
Don't you have a job?

I am a writer, that publishes under a pen name, and have additional sites based upon the Apollo Project Missions to the Moon.
So to answer you comment, yes I have job, which engages me into Apollo Mission, in ways that, well only open minded could understand.
So again despite what you believe, I get paid to find answers about this very subject.

Now, Like I said, I spend considerable time on topic here. I don't claim to be any expert, but I am not any idoit either. I have read tens of thousands of pages of nasa document archieves, look at thousands of HR imagery, and still seem to find the ability to be open minded about the whole ordeal.

Anything else I can answer for you?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

hey weed i agree to disagree with you. first i agree an individual needs to pick a side, but when the evidence has so many fallacies, will you not turn to the truth? or will stick with what the text books tell you?

by the way op thanks for enlightening me a bit more on my journey for the truth!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Glad you're looking, but just remember to do so logically.

However,

...but when the evidence has so many fallacies...

No, not really. Reasonable people with a long history of lookig at this, and following the Space Program for decades, see NO "fallacies"....

Everytihng having to do with the so-called "Moon Hoax" is entirely in the imaginations of some individuals. Who, unfortunately, are able to 'convince' some of the more gullible and less-educated in our society.

Not the fault of those without the tools to grasp the real technological aspects --- by "less-educated" it merely means they aren't equipped to see through the fakery of the "Hoax" proponents. Other words, these charlatans (for, truly, that's what they are) rely on this fact. The fact that most people are simply not well-versed in real sciences, and just cannot reconcile how common Earth experiences aren't the same in what is really an 'alien' environment. Whether in space, or on the Moon.

No, this "Hoax" nonsense is big business for the snake-oil salesmen out there. Follow the money.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

You did read the reply I added that stated the Barycenter of Earth-Moon System right?

Just wondering.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

[bokonon2010] So, you should show us direct evidence that these rocks are genuine and from the Moon, including proof that they cannot be manufactured from lunar meteorites.

Well then why don't you PROVE your theory here and show how these FAKE moon rocks are LUNAR METEORITES and explain how we can tell the difference.

I wish some of you would read Apollo preliminary science reports and stop talking garbage.

I believe I will create a thread of what these reports actually say....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by theability]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Weedy

Not the most shinning career eh weedy. Ole Roy seems a little Obamaest. Do you think there is more to the MONEY trail you speak of?

The ability

I also am a published writer and investigator. I publish under my real name. Would you do a story about how the ASTRO-dome got it's name and all the history, friends, enemies and dollars (weedies money trail) Would you check to see if the good judge and say Gus Grissom ever crossed paths. You do know Gus Grissom don't you?

Would you be surprised if he was connected in any way with say --a neferious group of the Joint Chief''s of Staff. Would you investigate it and report back here to the membership? Actually if you read all about this stuff you should know it from memory and could save me a lot of investigation time. Would you be interested if Roy was connected in any way to a high profile dude like Jack Ruby? Have you got anything on the death of his first wife? Just sayin. Actually I have a thread here on ATS called something like JFK gus LBJ or something like that. Folks were to faint of hart to address it.

Have you looked at this SIDE? I will tell you what--- Maybe you could check the schedule of the Dome around 1967--1971 or so. Do you think you would debate me about the miss treatment of Werhner Von Brown?

Handbook of Texas Online - HOFHEINZ, ROY MARK

HOFHEINZ, ROY MARK (1912–1982). Roy Mark Hofheinz, Houston politician and developer, was born in Beaumont, Texas, on April 10, 1912. ...

www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/HH/fho87.... - Similar

HOFHEINZ, ROY MARK (1912–1982). Roy Mark Hofheinz, Houston politician and developer, was born in Beaumont, Texas, on April 10, 1912. His father, a laundry-truck driver, died when Hofheinz was fifteen, and he soon began working to support his mother. He furthered his education at Rice University and the University of Houston and then graduated from the Houston Law School at age nineteen. Hofheinz married Irene Cafcalas in 1933; they had three children. He served from 1934 to 1936 in the Texas House of Representatives and from 1936 to 1944 as a Harris County judge. After losing the election for his third term as county judge, Hofheinz turned to advancing his career in private-sector law and business. He returned to public life in 1952, when he was elected to the first of two terms as mayor of Houston. His years as mayor were marked by controversy. For example, in 1954 Hofheinz had four city council members arrested for boycotting a special meeting he had called to contemplate a proposed bond issue. Contention among the council members increased, and in 1955 the council voted to impeach him. Hofheinz, however, publicly announced his refusal to recognize the impeachment, and the council backed down. In an attempt to parade his public support, Hofheinz initiated a city charter amendment to recall all city officials a year early and hold a new election. The public passed the amendment referendum, but Hofheinz's victory was temporary, as Oscar F. Holcombe won the mayoral election. Hofheinz returned to law and business. He and his partner, Robert (Bob) Everett Smithqv, created the Houston Sports Association, which evolved into several lucrative business ventures. Hofheinz was heavily criticized for his plan to build a gigantic sports stadium under a roof, but the Houston Sports Association received a major-league franchise on the promise of building a new stadium, and in 1965 the world's first domed stadium was completed. Hofheinz claimed the Astrodome was "the Eighth Wonder of the World." Though several Harris County bond issues had funded most of the $31.6 million for the stadium, the Houston Sports Association had a long-term lease on the building. The Astrodome soon became the home of the Houston Colt 45s (renamed the Houston Astrosqv) and the Houston Oilers. Building on the success of the Astrodome, Hofheinz developed the South Loop by adding Astroworld, the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, and the four "Astrodomain" hotels. Hofheinz's empire, however, soon began to decline. In 1970 he suffered a stroke that left him confined to a wheelchair, and in 1975 his empire, burdened by high interest rates, came to an end. The Astrodomain had accumulated a $38 million debt, and control passed from Hofheinz to two credit companies. Later Hofheinz sold his remaining stock to the companies; its worth was estimated at as much as $5 million. Eventually John J. McMullen and Dave LeFevre purchased the Astros; Servico Incorporated bought the hotels; and Six Flags Over Texas took over management of Astroworld. Hofheinz's first wife had died in 1966, and he married Mary Frances Gougenheim in 1969. He died of a heart attack at his home in Houston on November 22, 1982, and was survived by his wife Mary Frances and three children.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: Austin American-Statesman, November 23, 1982. Houston Chronicle, November 23, 1982. Dene Hofheinz Mann, You Be the Judge (Houston: Premier, 1965). Edgar W. Ray, The Grand Huckster: Houston's Judge Roy Hofheinz (Memphis: Memphis State University Press, 1980). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.

Jill S. Seeber

You have to admit a kid who's farther dies and then he takes care of his momma and puts himself through college is an amazing story on it's own.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I am not sure, what it is that we are going to have debate about, miss treatment of von braun, in what way?

Then you include a rather long article following; I am rather amiss of what your asking.

How was Von Braun Mis-treated? I find it hardly so that after WWII and his actions during the course of said conflict, the thousands that died under his SS Reign, that he was mistreated in any way shape or form.

For being a War Criminal, and finding asylum through Operation Paperclip, in which he became an agent for the US government. Then Running the Marshall Spaceflight center, how again was he mistreated? He got everything he ever had wanted!

So again I ask what was the debate?

The comment about gus grissum is unwarrented, unfounded and unneeded.

Ask a question as an adult please and I shall answer if I can.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

I am not sure, what it is that we are going to have debate about, miss treatment of von braun, in what way?

Then you include a rather long article following; I am rather amiss of what your asking.

How was Von Braun Mis-treated? I find it hardly so that after WWII and his actions during the course of said conflict, the thousands that died under his SS Reign, that he was mistreated in any way shape or form.

For being a War Criminal, and finding asylum through Operation Paperclip, in which he became an agent for the US government. Then Running the Marshall Spaceflight center, how again was he mistreated? He got everything he ever had wanted!

So again I ask what was the debate?

The comment about gus grissum is unwarrented, unfounded and unneeded.

Ask a question as an adult please and I shall answer if I can.

Check out Wernher von Braun / J. Edgar Hoover.
Would Oppenhiemer have been a war criminal if Japan had won WW2?
Better left for another thread unless this one drifts into that realm.
The Dome with it's lighting, climate control, exact on time development, and in plain site being is interesting---- isn't it?
Do you think you can find the schedule of events and calculate wether or not there was time to do the filming?
Oh ! You do know all the magnificent seven lived right there TOO! Convenient eh?

Oh, why is Gus Grissom a no- no to you?
NASA guilt? What about the Challenger Crew or Columbia? Are they swept under the rug too?
Try writing about all the truth. Of course that would be hard and it can make you feel discussed. Easier just doing NASA regerge or freekin Pen and Teller junk like weedy.
I appreciate the conversation being civil. That's a rarity on these topics. Thanks.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join