It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You must be High on the desert, to think your on the moon.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Wow bokonon2010. 17 posts nearly all in a row and yet you managed to add nothing of value to this thread. Congratulations on that accomplishment.

Originally posted by bokonon2010

Originally posted by jra
They show signs of having entered through the atmosphere as well as other kinds of weathering from having spent hundreds or thousands of years sitting on Earth.

Not true.

What do you mean "not true"? Are you seriously denying the fact that when an object enters the Earth's atmosphere at high speeds, and experiences extreme heat due to friction. That it has no effect on the appearance of the object?

I have two words for you. fusion crust

And in regards to Lunar Meteorites. It should be noted that the first Lunar meteorite (Yamato 791197) wasn't found until November 20, 1979 by Japanese scientists from the National Institute of Polar Research. However, it was not recognized as a Lunar meteorite until a later date. The first meteorite to be recognized as having a Lunar origin (ALH A81005) wasn't until some time in 1982.

And what helped scientists recognize their Lunar origin, was by comparing them to the samples brought back from the Apollo missions.

List of lunar meteorites
Field Guide to Meteors and Meteorites
How Do We Know That It’s a Rock From the Moon?
ALH A81005

None of these are authentic videos from NASA. Try again.

How are they not authentic? What would you consider as being authentic then?

Originally posted by mrwiffler
The real conspiracy is that Rumsfeld and Kissinger started this whole moon hoax theory.

Umm.. no they didn't. Look up a man named Bill Kaysing. He wrote the first book dedicated to this subject back in 1974 titled, "We Never Went to the Moon: America's Thirty Billion Dollar Swindle"

Also look up Bart Sibrel, Ralph Rene, David Percy, and Jack White for starters. There have been many people promoting the hoax theories long before that mockumentary, "Dark Side of the Moon " came out.

And Rumsfeld and Kissinger have nothing to do with the making of that film. They were just participating in the joke.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by jra]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

One thing you need to know is that it was tested in earth orbit at an altitude that simulated the moons gravity.

Tell us at what altitude in earth orbit the gravity equals the moons gravity.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I already stated, I don't have to prove my claims.

because you are unable.

You are the one taking up a stance that is opposite to commonly accepted knowledge.

There is commonly accepted knowledge that the Apollo is fake and socially engineered myth,
and this is what pocket mass-media and disinfo agents are trying to suppress.

Tell me why they would have launched an empty Saturn V, worth countless dollars, into the atmosphere just to fake the moon landing in a studio

Yes, tell me why, because I did not make such statement.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The earths gravity diminishes according to the inverse square law...at some point it is 1/6th of the force as measured at sea level...you work it out. Of course it varies but they were able to test the retro rockets at an altitude where there is a pretty good approximation of the gravity of the moon. There's footage of it. I understand your skepticism, I had to see it to believe it.

Bokonon, what do you think is the best piece of evidence that the landings were faked?

[edit on 27-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The earths gravity diminishes according to the inverse square law...at some point it is 1/6th of the force as measured at sea level...you work it out. Of course it varies but they were able to test the retro rockets at an altitude where there is a pretty good approximation of the gravity of the moon.

Calculate what is the gravity force at the altitudes of ISS and tell us why it is not fallen down yet.

Bokonon, what do you think is the best piece of evidence that the landings were faked?

The level of education and stupidity of Apollo moon landings believers.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Are you seriously denying the fact that when an object enters the Earth's atmosphere at high speeds, and experiences extreme heat due to friction. That it has no effect on the appearance of the object?

And what helped scientists recognize their Lunar origin, was by comparing them to the samples brought back from the Apollo missions.

Tell us how to distinguish alleged Apollo "moon rocks" from lunar meteorites with the outer crust taken out.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Tell us how to distinguish alleged Apollo "moon rocks" from lunar meteorites with the outer crust taken out.

You check for micro-meteorite impacts (and other things that could be simulated using the facilities at JPL/NASA.)

Then when your hand-picked group of scientists find the simulated impacts (etc), you declare it as proof that the rocks are from the moon.

Even if any of your hand-picked scientists find you out, they don't have the balls to go against you, so no worries on that end.

jra

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well, I assume you have the ability to read. Take a look at the various links I posted. Specifically the one titled, "How Do We Know That It’s a Rock From the Moon?". You just might find some answers in there... assuming you're even interested.

Originally posted by Exuberant1
You check for micro-meteorite impacts (and other things that could be simulated using the facilities at JPL/NASA.)

Please explain as to how one can simulate micro-meteorite impacts. I have yet to see an explanation how. And by "other things" do you mean stuff like showing signs of having formed in 1/6th gravity, or crystal damage from cosmic rays?

Really, I'd love to know how this can be faked here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Well, I assume you have the ability to read. Take a look at the various links I posted. Specifically the one titled, "How Do We Know That It’s a Rock From the Moon?". You just might find some answers in there... assuming you're even interested.

Well, we assume you have no ability to read. Take another look at the question I posted. Specifically that it is not addressed in your various links. Anyone can easily find that changing questions and subscribe others to bogus statements are common among Apollo props primitive rhetorics tricks.

Originally posted by jra
Please explain as to how one can simulate micro-meteorite impacts. I have yet to see an explanation how. And by "other things" do you mean stuff like showing signs of having formed in 1/6th gravity, or crystal damage from cosmic rays?

Really, I'd love to know how this can be faked here on Earth.

Wrong.
You are supporting the claim that Apollo astronots brought "moon rocks" from the Moon. So, you should show us direct evidence that these rocks are genuine and from the Moon, including proof that they cannot be manufactured from lunar meteorites.

[edit on 27.3.2010 by bokonon2010]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I hate to have to point this out to you but the force of gravity is weaker the further you are from the earth. No one can be as ignorant as you appear to be so I believe you are not serious. You are making a mockery of the entire debate which is unfortunate. This is why we have the ignore button. Nice knowing you.

If everyone hit's ignore on this guy ATS will be a better place.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
you bring up some very good questions and points leather. for everyone beleiving that the landing was real i have a few key points to point out.
1st why is the american flag in the landing picture looks like it has been glued straight, isn't there supposedly no atmosphere on the moon?

2nd if there is no atmosphere on the moon how then is there water or ice pockets in craters?

3rd if scientists can build a hadron collider, that quit possibly could open up a black hole, why have we not been back up to the moon?

just curious?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I believe we went to the moon. No one except those that were there can be sure though. Your post brought a thought to mind though. If they did fake the moon landings, maybe that is what Area 51 was original for. It is plausible that they used it as a stage point to film fake moon landings scenes. Maybe that is what they are hiding out there. the stage and props used for the hoax.

Again, I belive we went to the moon but Area 51 would fit nicely as a place to pull it off.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
you bring up some very good questions and points leather. for everyone beleiving that the landing was real i have a few key points to point out.
1st why is the american flag in the landing picture looks like it has been glued straight, isn't there supposedly no atmosphere on the moon?

2nd if there is no atmosphere on the moon how then is there water or ice pockets in craters?

3rd if scientists can build a hadron collider, that quit possibly could open up a black hole, why have we not been back up to the moon?

just curious?

1. I dont understand what exactly you mean by glued straight..

2. Because if the temperature is low enough, water will never evaporate, even in vacuum. This is the case in craters which are in constant shadow.

www1.lsbu.ac.uk...

3. LHC costs about 6 billion, while moon landing cost was about 100 billion dollars.

answers.yahoo.com...
www.asi.org...

Also, LHC can answer some very important questions so there is quite a bit of motivation to build it. Going back to the moon is not so scientificaly interesting.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Just came across your thread.
It is refreshing to see someone teaching reality.
It is also funny to see some new members joining the Cass Sunstine crowd.

American Thinker Blog: Cass Sunstein's despicable ideas on ...
Jul 12, 2009 ... Now comes a more insidious form of thought control a la 1984, courtesy of long- time friend and probable new regulatory czar Cass Sunstein ...

www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/07/cass_sunsteins_d... - Similar

Any person with a grade school education and uses it, knows that there has never been a human foot or body attached to it, grace the surface of the moon.

Horthorne or Eyle Nevada ring any bells. Used to hunt turquoise in them thar parts. Opals in the Mojave.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

So glad to see that you continue to bring the same amount of clarity and thoughfulness that you bring to the other threads at ATS...

Really, "Job Well Done".

(Just where, exactly, did you first have the beginnings of your disconnect from reality? Some of us would really like to know....)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Upon reflection, I began to ponder just what sort of person would believe these stupid "Moon Hoax" conspiracies....

I'm fairly certain you are NOT Ralph Rene' (since he's dead)..unless he's somehow taken over your fingers on the computer keyboard? Nah, that's best left for another 'conspiracy' theory....

Well, I'll let Penn & Teller explain it for me, and introduce you to Ralph Rene' (may he R.I.P.ieces)....

Unfortunately, that's not the full "Bull##it" episode...the other portion features the REALLY crazy nutbag!! (The one who is still alive, I believe...)***
I'll see if I can find it.....

***OK, here's the full P & T episode, including the nutbag I was referring to...the one at sometime after the 6:00 minute mark (except I think he's on about 9/11 or something --- but he's such a wanker, it's hard to tell...betcha he's onboard with "Moon Hoax" 'conspiracies' too, if you asked him...)

P & T are 'magicians' -- 'illusionists' -- "prestidigitators", if you will.

They are experienced in deception, misdirection and deceit, all part of a craft that we collectively call "MAGIC".

They can spot the 'BS' from miles away, because they know HOW to spin BS --- it's how they make a living. ONLY, they do NOT do it to fool people, or to capitalize on people's gullibility. It is ENTERTAINMENT!!!

And, so are most 'conspiracy theories', too.

Here, enjoy! (And, of course...coarse language is included. It IS from the cable channel "Showtime", after all...):

www.bigvidpro.com...

[edit on 27 March 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"So glad to see that you continue to bring the same amount of clarity and thoughfulness that you bring to the other threads at ATS... Really, "Job Well Done".

Thanks weedy, why didn't you star my post?

I hope you didn't take that to personal. Ooops just read the rest.
Did you ever go to the moon wacker? Got any vids of you and The Right Stuff dudes?
Ya know maybe some kodacrome pictures of your footprints.
Do you lay flowers for Gus once in awhile?

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
To those who are not familiar Barycenter of the Earth-Moon system is approximately 38,000 miles from the Moon, or aproximately 200,000 miles from the Earth.

Sure is amazing how easy that was to find, and who says no one can find this info???

Wasn't this post originally about the desert-mountains looking like mountains on the moon?

I'd say a bit derailed.....

[edit on 27-3-2010 by theability]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually after re-reading the entire thread, I'd have to say this has turn out to be a lynching party, well deviated from the original topic.

ummmm yeah....

Again read people, info these days isn't that hard to find!

Most of all these answers have been answered a trillion times!

I hope a mod reads this and closes this thread!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Actually after re-reading the entire thread, I'd have to say this has turn out to be a lynching party, well deviated from the original topic.

ummmm yeah....

Again read people, info these days isn't that hard to find!

Most of all these answers have been answered a trillion times!

I hope a mod reads this and closes this thread!

Have you ever been out in the high desert air? The negative ozone's are really good for the nerves. You will settle down and see that there are lots mountains that look exactly like the ones in the moon hoax pictures NASA had produced.
They really did a lousy job. Do you know that NASA doesn't even know how to get an Apollo rocket built anymore. What is with that?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Yes, if you speed up the movies from the Moon things look like fall they way would on Earth. But did you notice how much longer the dust stays in the air in the Nevada video than it does in the Moon video (check around 1:00)? That's because there is air. In the moon video the dust just flops back to the surface.

Could you provide quantitative analysis of the alleged "moon" dynamics of the dust.
Thanks.

No surprise that the question above is not answered, as Apollo props are not particular good in physics, math or logic (except exploiting trivial logical fallacies from their disinfo handbooks). Do they have problems with visual perception also, or just prone to blatant lies?

[edit on 27.3.2010 by bokonon2010]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join