It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente's Predictions for 2010 Already Coming True?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As many of us know, there have been predictions made on and on and on about the downfall of Western civilization for years.
Well I thought I would draw attention or rather bring an update into people's minds on this topic from Gerald Celente and the Trends Research Institute.
Already we can say that the indicators are moving in the direction of some of his predictions for the year of 2010.
Let's review some of the predictions first shall we?

The Trends Research Institute 2010

The Collapse of 2010

In November of 2007, we predicted the "Panic of ’08." There was a panic. In November of 2008, we forecast the "Collapse of ’09." In March ‘09, the global equity markets collapsed. But before they could crash all the way to the ground, a scaffold of emergency props was erected. An unparalleled array of government cash infusions, rescue packages, bailouts and incentives papered over the crisis.

Today, even as government spokesmen and the major media proclaim that the world is emerging from its near-cataclysmic recession, we predict the "Crash of 2010." The rising equity markets, on which claims of recovery are based, are worlds away from the hard reality of the streets....

More taxation from the govt. in order to pay for these new services they're "giving" to us with "Universal Healthcare." So it's really easy to figure out, more taxes equals lesser money for us which equals less money in the economy which equals an even deeper hole we get into financially.

TB or not TB

About two-thirds of Americans are Too Big (TB) for their own good and everyone else’s. We forecast a massed revulsion for TB in all its manifestations – obesity is only the most obvious.

Everything in America is TB . Houses, cars, debt loads, deficits, state budgets, the states themselves, foreign aid, military budgets, bureaucracies local, state, federal and “too big to fail” businesses – they’re all Too Big.

Apart from government action, the “Shape Up” trend will provide a wide array of business opportunities.....

You can see with the recent passage of the Healthcare bill that things in govt. really are simply getting a little too big for everything to survive in the American Republic.

The Next Big Think

The next colossal casualty of the Internet Revolution will be TV/cable networks. Technological innovations already in place will enable enterprising upstarts to gouge out large chunks of market share from daytime, primetime, news and opinion-based programming.

Just as the print media was blindsided by the online assault and responded with strategies that proved counterproductive, the networks are already making moves guaranteed to weaken their franchises. Techno-guerilla warriors, producers, impresarios, entrepreneurs and investors will not only carve out lucrative niches, but will also prove influential in effecting sociological, cultural and even political change......

This one we can see easily taking place with the use of such programs found in this thread like Google TV Ads where you can easily make use of private low cost advertising for cheap on national cable television in comparison to what the big guys cost.

How I Ran an Ad on Fox News

Terrorism 2010

While we can’t predict precise dates or the magnitude of terror attacks, we can be fairly certain they are on the way. The “Fort Hood Gunman” is being recognized by the intelligence community as the poster boy for an alarming new terror phenomenon termed “lone-wolf, self-radicalized gunmen.”

Years of war in Afghanistan and Iraq – and now Pakistan – have intensified anti-American sentiment and increased the number of individuals seeking revenge. NATO allies contributing troops to the wars will also be targeted......

While terrorism is typical for America in this day and age, he is right in the fact that we will most likely see more lone wolf actions taking place in this year as the monetary supply overall runs out and more and more people turn to desperation for a way out.

Neo-Survivalism

In 2010, survivalism will go mainstream. Unemployed or fearing it, foreclosed or nearing it, pensions lost and savings gone, all sorts of folk who once believed in the system have lost their faith.

Motivated not by worst-case scenario fears but by do-or-die necessity, the new non-believers, unwilling to go under or live on the streets, will devise ingenious stratagems to beat the system, get off the grid (as much as possible), and stay under the radar......

The ones who don't flip out like so many have already and will in the future, are obviously already seeing many people from here on ATS themselves heading for the boondocks and setting up camp to try and wait out the $*!tride.

To see more of these predictions for 2010, go to the link at the top of this post.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When Gerald Celente speaks I listen close. He has been spot on for a long time, and nearly perfect for the last 3-4 years. Combine this with the head for the hills warnings from global strategists and former heads of finance as well as recent warnings ranging from a double-dip recession to an all out worldwide collapse and you can no longer say its just your average 'doom and gloom'. I'm not moving, but I am preparing. Growing your own food and buying and storing at least a little bottled water is smart in any conditions (buying a machine that converts humidity into liquid water is ideal). Then you will have a leg up on others and a fighting chance in any disaster scenario. That and a gun, and a close group of friends or survival group.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Celente's predictions are so good that they can alter outcomes. I have a very good prediction on of all people Putin, the guy from Russia.

No one in the west seems to have gotten it yet.

I can't reveal it, because I don't want to run the risk of altering an outcome. Not even
my "tipping" friends will hear this prediction.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And he has been active recently in his predictions business with his guest appearances.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Interesting perspective.
Can anybody post or reference his track record for accuracy?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well Slayer, he has some examples on his website's biography about himself.
www.trendsresearch.com...

The proof is in his past — Gerald Celente has earned his reputation as "The most trusted name in trends" by accurately forecasting hundreds of social, business, consumer, environmental, economic, political, entertainment, and technology trends. Among them:

* Celente coined the term "clean foods" in 1993 and predicted sustained growth in organic products in 1988.
* When gold was at $275 per ounce in 2002, Celente said the price had bottomed and in 2004 forecast the beginning of the "Gold Bull Run." Since that time, with pinpoint accuracy, he said when, why - and how high - gold would go.
* Years before Starbucks was a household name, Celente forecast the popularity of gourmet coffee and decades before Pepsi and Coke got into the water business he predicted the "Big Boom in Bottled Water."
* On the geopolitical and economic fronts, Celente and The Trends Research Institute are credited with forecasting many major trends, including the "Panic of '08," the collapse of the Soviet Union, the last two recessions, the dot-com meltdown, the 1997 Asian currency crisis, the 1987 world stock market crash, increased terrorism against America, "Crusades 2000," and the quagmire in Iraq … before war began.

Gerald Celente has also accurately forecast many real estate trends, including the big move to vacation spots and small towns, the growth in the second home market, a real estate "fizz" in 2005 ... plus hundreds of other social, business, fashion, consumer and entertainment trends.

And then of course the beloved Wiki article.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Celente is top shelf. He does not rely on tea leaves or a crystal ball. He (with his staff), studies actual data.

As a person he seems solid and reasonable.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,

Give me 10 things that are likely to happen in the next 10 years. It is my guess that 5 of them will most likely happen within that timespan. You are now Gerald Celente, the biggest joke that is still being floated within this community. I am also pretty sure this guy has stated before that he just reads the paper every morning and formulates these theories. Either way I don't care, he is brutal IMO. As long as you never pay a dime for his services then I could care less, but I would advise you never to give your money to this sham.

xoxo

GBM

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Politics is the second oldest profession - Gerald Celente

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join