It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Mandated Health Care Different From Mandated Auto Insurance?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I'm just wondering what peoples' thoughts are on this specific talking point the dems use when defending the HCR Bill. Why is mandating health insurance different than mandating auto insurance?

The individual states mandate that you must carry auto insurance or not. The constitution does not give the federal government the right to force us to purchase anything.

It seems I initially had this position on the issue at hand:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deae3811c3e0.jpg[/atsimg]

I now know better. And the stakes are huge. If we allow them to mandate that we purchase this, then that opens the floodgates.

I know what you're saying... "Well duh!". Sorry it took me a while to process this. Little dense sometimes...
edit on 12/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: stupidity tries

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Everyone needs to read the "Healthcare" Bill Congress and Obama passed.

Even if you don't work, you will be FORCED to buy ObamaCare...they'll Federally subsidize it to help you.

Failure to apply for ObamaCare= $25,000 fine.
IRS given authority to also levy fines on your income tax return.

IRS will levy a $750 fine on you annually if you don't have ObamaCare. File taxes jointly with your wife and have 2 kids? Your fine will be $750 x 4= $3,000 annually.

Did you claim 10 Exemptions on your W-4? Your fine will instead be 10 x $750, $7500 fine annually.

The new insurance companies will have the power to deny you healthcare. The Bill explains how you will have to file an appeal to try and get healthcare.

These new Healthcare Companies will get reimbursed from the Federal Government for giving you healthcare. The maximum amount the Federal Government will reimburse these insurance companies? $90,000.

Hope you don't need heart surgery. The Bill mandates smokers to pay a minimum of 1.5 times as much for healthcare than non-smokers. If you lie to get a lower rate, the fine is $250,000 for lieing to them.

We all will be forced to get new healthcare identifiers in 2014 when this all kicks off. RFID's.

Insurance Companies have been given authority to call you at home or even go into your home and counsel you on your health. They can go into your home and tell you that you are too fat. They are not applicable to the Do Not Call list.

The Bill enhances the EMTALA Act and states illegal immigrants will continue to get 100% free healthcare and won't be forced to pay this new Federal Tax.

The Bill states NO ONE can opt out of this ObamaCare due to their religion. The Bill also states no new religions will be recognized by the Federal Government.

Guam is a non-incorporated US Territory. It's on the UN Decolonization List waiting to be set free. The Bill forces the people of Guam to pay this new Federal Tax. The full US Constitution still doesn't apply to them and they are governed by the Organic Act of Guam. Thus they can't even go to court to fight against this new Federal Tax.

They'd have to go to the UN and demand Decolonization. Can't have that, that's why the US is fully militarizing their island.

The purpose of the "healthcare" Bill isn't healthcare. It's a new Federal Tax to fund Social Security.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join