It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Reincarnation a random process?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Can a person choose who/what they want to be in their next life or there is no choice at all and what the person is reincarnated into is random?

Thanks.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think it is as random as death himself.

But hey, he might have a list.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If I am reincarnated, I don't want to be re-introduced to the violence and corruption that I live in.

Having a choice in reincarnation, it's another civilization, far away from humanity for me.

Having no choice in reincarnation and I am reincarnated into another human body, it would be a slap in the face.

Just my personal opinion

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If we knew, are world would be much easier to comprehend. I personally believe in a universal consciousness, so I would have to say, it would not be random to a certain extent. But that is just wishful thinking on my part. I honestly wish I can astral project so I could actually have a better understanding on the afterlife.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I once had a thought that maybe a certain secret societies/cult have found a way to choose how they reincarnate, Thats why they interbreed and why the stay in power.

I wont go to much into the details as its just a thought really with nothing to back it.

Just some food for thought

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Some reincarnate, some dont. Some reincarnate to earth, some elsewhere. Some get to choose as what to reincarnate.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've always been under the impression that you collect karma points. 3 good deeds a day = DOUBLE POINTS!

Something like that anyway..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Lol I wish I can believe that post. Hopefully that is true when we die. The thing that just confuses me about the afterlife is the fact that there are so many living organisms each one of them would need a soul. To say only humans have souls would just seem ignorant. Now maybe it is just because I am a human I think in certain ways. But are there really over trillions and trillions of souls? This just seems unbelievable. A soul for every plant and every insect, animal. Then you would have to get into the only way this could happen is if we have some kind of universal consciousness. Then we have to think if there is a universal consciousness, why do we only have one personality. It just is so hard to comprehend why I can’t think that you are thinking (if there is a soul). Like wouldn’t a universal consciousness, be able to tap into different personalities? Why just confined to one. I am just rambling on now.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We are only reincarnated but what we passed onto others in this life.

What does that mean? Hell if I know, but in only make sense that the past effects the future.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No, it is not random.

Each soul chooses a particular life path to follow based upon what that soul wishes to learn and experience. For example, a man who abuses his wife may die and end up choosing or being forced to reincarnate as an woman abuse victim to learn from his choices.

Reincarnation is a very tricky process. One that is never taken lightly and there is always much planning and thought involved with each incarnation.
There are guides in heaven that help you choose the best life path for you.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I will let you know when I die.

At the moment, however, I am very much Alive so, ..

Seriously, I don't believe in Reincarnation. I can't tell you what I was in a Former life and in my opinion, Nobody Can. Because I don't think there is a former life but, maybe my little comparison below could make sense..

Maybe life is like a Computer. Let's say your Accounting Computer Absorbs all this information you look at. It stays on your Hard Drive and stays there, almost forever. One day your Computer Hard Drive Malfunctions and Dies. You put a new Hard Drive in your Computer and it has to Absorb New information all over again. The Computer doesn't know what it was used for earlier. you looked at earlier.

The Computer was used as an Accounting Computer in the Accounting Department. It now resides with the Owners Children for Internet use.

The Computer Never knew what it was used for earlier because the Hard Drive was replaced.

What if the Hard Drive was the Soul/Brains/Spirit of the Computer and the Computer was the Body?

So, if you were Re-incarnated, you could never know what you were before.

The other theory could be, What if the Computer Died and the Hard Drive was transferred to the new Computer. Once it was transferred to the new Computer, it was Formatted because it was going to the owners Children to be used for the Internet.

I guess there could be fragments on the Hard Drive that weren't properly erased and it sort of knows or knew it had something to do with accounting.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good question. I think it's a bit of both.

I've posted previously that I think your next body depends greatly on how much you were able to raise your level of understanding: You keep experiencing life from different perspectives until you 'figure it out'.

There is the well documented progression of Tibetan Lamas who return to human form continually. They would obviously be on the extreme end of the 'understanding' scale.

On the other end you have people who just keep cycling through available lifeforms (perhaps it's as simple as occupying the form that is being born/conceived as you are dying), ocasionally returning to human form to have their understanding 'tested'.

Either way, I think you keep cycling over and over until you finally learn.

It's when you reach that point that things really get interesting: A sentient energy pattern free to roam infinity.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I think it is as random as death himself.

But unlike death, reincarnation as an animate object is not a certainty.

Personally, I believe the process after death is like becoming part of the big food chain of EVERYTHING. Split into our most basic of parts. Unless your bodyparts are transplanted of course. Even then, ultimately, they too will break down into their smallest parts.

The electrical energies we leave behind is a different matter, and energies like those dissipate into the world around without any predetermined direction I think.

I don't think we come back as another person or a flower or a tree etc, but a miniscule part of as many things as there are atoms in our bodies.....which is where we all come from to start with.

Starstuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Some get to choose as what to reincarnate.

I want to be a cat in my next life.

Meow!

As a side note, what exactly do you mean that some people don't get to reincarnate?

[edit on 22-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Have a read of this site and its principles

Holographic Kinetics

Talks about re-incarnation through the form of spirit traveling through time in a manner of the fibonnaci sequence, more than one spirit at a time inhabiting the body and what not... Here is what Steve Richards (Founder of HK) says about cycles of time:

Whenever any two singular dimensions of duality merge, a third dimension is created.

Therefore when the macrocosm comes together to merge with the microcosm, a new dimension will be created, and that is the physical dimensional world we live in.

To have the world above and the world below, there must be a world between the two.

When the invisible world of spirit [singular]and the invisible world of soul [singular], create duality, then the visible human physical being was created with free-will to rule its own dimension; and allowing the free-will thinking mind of man to create and enter into his own universe of dimensions.

When the mind enters into Internal Hyper-space all dimensions--past, present and future--are accessible, the past is the beginning, the alpha,[represents spirit] the present, mans consciousness [Beta]has the choice of balance, in the now, and the future is the end, the omega, [soul] which in turn is the Alpha which is the beginning of a new cycle-a new dimension-all over again.

Understand how all things spiral into expansion and contraction, from the galaxies, down to the electrons around the neutron within the atom. And so do Dimensions, imagine a dimension--like all things--as a spiralling vortex; look at it as if it is a spiralling coil, similar to a spring, and just like all elements in nature spiral through there octaves, and transmuting from one form to another. This understanding was used by the alchemists of the past, to turn any metal through transmutation into gold. Visualise the spring, lay it on its side and draw a line along it, In doing that you will cross at a harmonic point 90deg from each coil, now look at the start and as you go around a 360 deg, you come back to the same line, the beginning, the lineal line that was drawn, the only difference is that the line crossing the spiral has moved through time and space to a different time/space location, this occurs every 360 degrees, as it moves through its cycles, moving through a different time/space location at the end of each cycle.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You reincarnate based on your previous karma. Karma is embodiment, separateness, mortality, spatial-temporality, perpetuality. When you understand the eternal Law, you free yourself from Karma by attaching to the One, which is Unembodied, unified, immortal, omnipresence, eternal.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

every single thing that we see in our lives is chosen by us. to say that anything is a coincidence is denying the amazing amount of power that we all have within ourselves to create. the family and life situation that we are born into is just one of many things that are created, by you, by me, by us. we are all here to learn different things, which is why there is so much variation in the lives that we are all born into.

once you are able to look within your self to explore and understand what you came here to learn and how that ties into the life and family situation that you are born into, you are changed forever.

a good way to start to explore this is to take an honest look at your life. what we came here to learn repeats itself over and over again as a pattern in our lives (also known as karma). once you identify the pattern see if you can somehow tie it to the family/ life situation that you were born into. it should be a perfect match. so you see the life we are born into is very much chosen by us, for very specific reasons. it all has a perfect and divine and magical purpose.. if we choose to see it and learn and grow from it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull[/But are there really over trillions and trillions of souls? This just seems unbelievable.

Energy is Infinite, so its not that unbelievable

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
As a side note, what exactly do you mean that some people don't get to reincarnate?

In Buddhism there is only the option of Reincarnation. In Christianity there are only the Options of Heaven or Hell. Both teachings are false. One either reincarnates or gets stuck in one of the many hells or heavens. There is much more out there than Religions tell you.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Maddogkull[/But are there really over trillions and trillions of souls? This just seems unbelievable.

Energy is Infinite, so its not that unbelievable

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

Dont we only have a certain amount of energy in our universe, since no new energy is getting made?

<<   2 >>

join