It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Researchers Publish a Paper on How to Attack the US Power Grid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

When reached by telephone, Mr. Wang said he and his professor had indeed published “Cascade-Based Attack Vulnerability on the U.S. Power Grid” in an international journal called Safety Science last spring.

NY Times

I just have to ask myself not if this is going to happen but when. Remember, a while back it was reported that Chinese spies had infiltrated our power grid

Link

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bah...The Chinese did this, they did that...We just passed socialized healthcare, not to change the subject, but this seems unimportant.

Plus, the paper's publishing professor explained how it wasn't a guide to attack but advice to protect. Do you really think the Chinese would just post attack plans on public sites like that? psh don't make me lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wrong. A Chinese student published research that determined that there is a vulnerability to the system. It was not a how to manual, nor was it intended to be malicious. He hoped that it would be used to improve the system, as is should be.

Get the facts straight. It is actually a very good research paper, and he deserves credit for his work as he even provided solutions on how to protect the system better than it is now.

From the article:

“My emphasis is on how you can protect this. My goal is to find a solution to make the network safer and better protected.” And independent American scientists who read his paper said it was true: Mr. Wang’s work was a conventional technical exercise that in no way could be used to take down a power grid.

[edit on 22/3/10 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

Haha as if the Chinese really care about protecting our power grid? Is that what you are saying? And this is a HUGE issue for sure. The Chinese trade with us like the Indians traded with white men. Behind closed doors they hate us and have zero respect for us. Americans better wake up! Their country is imploding and their government has disowned them.....and the wolves are at the door trying to get in.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Or CME damage to the powerGrid ?
They have been priming the CyberTerror for quite some time now.

Could be a cover for solar activity... Just an idea..

new topics

top topics

join