It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FORCED Healthcare as signed into law.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is the California Law Code that implements FORCED Healthcare.

In any case in which an amount is set for current support, the
court shall require that health insurance coverage for a supported
child shall be maintained by either or both parents if that insurance
is available at no cost or at reasonable cost to the parent. Health
insurance coverage shall be rebuttably presumed to be reasonable in
cost if it is employment-related group health insurance or other
group health insurance, regardless of the service delivery mechanism.

Source

In other words, if you don't get health insurance through your employer, then the state will use a "service delivery mechanism" to garnish your wages and pay a state picked insurance provider at a cost the state deems "reasonable", which is about US$100 per month per person (not per family). If you have a family of 4 then it will cost US$400 per months for health insurance. This does not cover dental and other costs. It is only for basic health insurance with no options except for what the State gives you without any freedom of choice.

This is the law code we have lived with through for years, and people complain about the healthcare reform now like it's forced upon you?

Wake up! It has already been forced upon you.

Welcome to the club!

At least this federal healthcare reform provides options instead of forced state chosen of provider and forced options from said provider.

If there is a conspiracy about this healthcare reform, it is those people who treat this healthcare reform like 'forced healthcare' is somebody newly invented. Study how old the lawcode above is, whenit was implemented, voted upon, and inacted, and then tell me when 'forced healthcare' was invented in the US.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Are you even aware that California law does not apply to anyone NOT living in California? And that Federal Law covers all 50 states?

Your entire premise is a lie anyway since this pertains to children. Last time I checked, that eliminated everyone over the age of 18!!

You came into another thread talking about lies and propaganda in regards to the current healthcare bill. Then, you present this and try to pass if off as healthcare already being mandatory in the US.

You are ill-informed and THIS thread should be shut down as a hoax.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

What is a "supported" child?

I have never heard of this law. There have to be thousands of people in California that don't have health insurance for their children.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

I have to say I agree with the above poster.

You have misrepresented this legislation as something it is not.

The legislation you are referring to is simply in regards to child support. The parents must first make the decision to enter the jurisdiction of the family court in order for this legislation to have any effect.

Furthermore where does the legislation say that the state will use a "service delivery mechanism" to garnish your wages?

[edit on 22-3-2010 by harvib]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

A supported child is a dependent under age 18 or a child attending school full time to age 21. Some states allow it to continue to age 25 so long as the child is enrolled in school full time.

The entire purpose of this law was to protect children during a divorce from both parties saying: You cover it and having nobody cover it.

That's all it was intended for and as I said, this thread is a complete lie and misrepresentation of California law.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion

Here

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join