It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember Dolores Barrios, the woman from the planet Venus???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by widdershins

Maybe it is like you said. They got sick of people asking them for 3 days if they could take a picture so they finally just said f*&$ it and let them take a few damn pictures. I think, like you said, the story is full of holes and it looks like too many to make any sense at this point.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

If that's not Rory Calhoun in the middle and John Payne on the right, I'll set fire to my Death Valley Days/Western Star Theater/Call of the West fan club card.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sed Non Credo
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I agree with you 100 percent but I'd just like to throw my experience in there. I saw something very strange in the sky, sat with a group of 8 people. For some strange reason I didn't open my mouth and tell a single person, so only the person to my left who had me in his line of sight saw I was looking at something.

That person to my left then asked "what are you looking at?" so I pointed totally gobsmacked and then he proceeded to do the same. Like a pair of idiots we both just sat and stared like a pair of gormless fools. The worst thing, and the part that relates to your post is that we both had mobile phones with cameras on them in our pockets.

And since due to our stupidity whenever I tell somebody of our experience we get almost laughed off, and only rarely taken seriously. And that's even though I always start of the sentence by saying "I'm not saying I saw little green men r anything, but..."

But where you point is concerned I agree 100 percent, I've got this story down as simply charletans taking advantage again. Although I ofcourse try to remain open minded to everything.

I agree that it must be a stunning event that would send most of us into some state of shock. I am sure that if I were to see a UFO, I would be more stunned than ready to capture the moment and all. My only issue is that these are people that traveled from all over the world to talk about their interest in UFOs. At least a few out of those 1000 had to already believe in UFOs to be that interested given a random sampling of the average UFO convention. 1000 UFO enthusiasts who are known to have at least one camera among them and still no one managed to take a picture? That part I have a hard time believing.

I also look at it like this. If I saw a UFO, my reaction would most likely be the same as yours. On the other hand, if I were already taking pictures of a person I suspected was actually from a different planet and my flash scared them off into the woods, I have a hard time believing I would then set my camera down. I had already accepted the idea that I was looking at someone from a different planet so the shock of seeing alien life was already gone. I had my camera ready because I was taking pictures of this strange group from another planet. They run off into the woods so I set my camera down?

Maybe if it were just a small group of normal folk like you or myself I could get into it more. Over 1000 UFOlogists, journalists, and UFO hobbyists just makes me skeptical taking pictures of aliens but not their ship makes me a little more than skeptical though.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Is it just me or does any one else find her slightly sexy.....Where was she from again and when is the next flight :-)

Nope. It is not just you. I thought maybe my proclivity towards exotic looking woman was odd but according to this thread, we are not alone - in thinking she is attractive that is.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

If that's not Rory Calhoun in the middle and John Payne on the right, I'll set fire to my Death Valley Days/Western Star Theater/Call of the West fan club card.

I definitely see it in the first guy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fdb2daba007.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f79081549614.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Maybe this is about "ufo's," and maybe it is not. But, even though this may seem like pimping a thread, and it is I will honestly say, I think that this idea of a being from Venus directly ties into a recent thread I posted: "An honest lifting of the veil of self" in the philosophy and metaphysics forum. This is reflective of a definite and powerful trend in society. And oh yeah, she is smokin hot.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by orwellianunenlightenment]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'd recommend looking into the other names mentioned (such as Adamski), before putting too much faith in this...

This really all sounds like a big flight of fancy...

I'd also have to agree with the more cynical posters...Venus, from all that we know, is a veritable hell-hole... Certainly not the ideal abode for any alien that looks like a human...

The idea of Nordic Venusians was popular in the 50's, but not really since then (kind of shifted to Meiers' ideas then...)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

On Adamski's website, I find this for sale pretty early on

Hot Off The Press - SEE the proof! Revised Edition We Discovered Alien Bases On The Moon II

I have not seen any proof of any alien bases on the Moon so if someone is making money off of a book containing "proof" then either it is one hell of a book or he is a fraud. There is no middle ground with a claim like "proof."

Not only does it contain super secret proof of alien bases on the moon but it is a sequel and revised edition at that.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OMG Now I know where klingons came from!

I think someone should contact them and tell them about our economy. I'm sure they could find us all jobs on Venus!

All joking aside, this is very interesting. Have there been any other cases at all? Wish we could have gotten some d.n.a. ......

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't know, i love a good conspiracy theory but this one just seems stupid.

They got scared off by photos and ran into the woods? Why are there multiple photos of the girl posing if she was scared off?

She seemed very willing to be photographed.

If people were asking you and your two friends if you were from another and everyone is looking at you like your aliens, always staring at you, wouldn't you want to distance yourself from the people too like they did?

They seemed completely normal to me. The only thing that was a little weird was the woman's eyes. The other stuff, like how she was standing?!? LOL that was so stupid.

But anyways thanks for bringing this up, it seems like BS but i love things like this

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Never heard of this! or seen that picture

Really interesting case.. they don't look TOO peculiar, but the 1st guy and "Dolores" have very strong jawlines very much like Scandinavians/German. Dolores is the most interesting one as her face just seems to..err round with the big lips.. can't place my finger on it.

Also isnt Venus supposed to be poisonous how is it possible they were from there?

the main thing that made me go "wait hang on" they took pictures of the three people but NOT the actual UFO

EDIT: for some reason i wasn't able to scroll further jusr saw the other pics..

wowza!
the pose and body shape of Dolores is really strange..getting heeby jeeby vibes off her now.

This is really interesting, so since then there was no sighting of them 3 at all?
Is it possible if they were ET that they are still in Manhattan beach if thats where they were from anyway?

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
She looks like she's from Canarsie to me??????

How can she be from a place where the average temp. is 700 degrees F?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe it is a trick of the eye, but David Morand appears to have a similar shape above his nose, on the picture you posted. Do you see it?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Wow your very welcoming of people.. 800 years of people all over the world wearing glasses and you still call us 4 eyes, credit to mankind you are!.

I'm sorry that we don't match your perfect human but look at yourself your not perfect either.

anyway back to the topic..

You assume the ET's are advanced but in my own opinion they are a little over a century more advanced at least the ones in the nearest 8-10 light years away.

The common cold can't be cured
World hunger can't be solved
War can never be resolved
Perfect eyesight will never be fixed

Don't look at peripherals on his face look at his features.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Also isnt Venus supposed to be poisonous how is it possible they were from there?

Not only poisonous, but also like the inside of a furnace, and with an acidic atmosphere and incredible pressure to boot...

As I said, a veritable hellhole... (and this isn't just from NASA, other space agencies such as the Russians, have also sent probes, so you'd have to assume an international collusion, to state these statements about Venusian conditions are false)....

As an aside, it should be noted that Adamski published (before claiming his stories) a (fictional) book that mimics the experiences he later claimed to actually have. The fiction-classified book can be found in the national archives, along with the publication date (and then compare to the dates of his claims) Pretty good career leap from hot dog vendor to Earth Ambassador, no?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Exactly. Didn't the Russian space program lose 7 probes in the Venutian atmosphere before they finally got one to land. When they did get one to finally land it burnt up in like 6 minutes or something. Are people trying to say that there's collusion within the cold war enemies to hide the beautiful Venus tropical planet and its inhabitants??

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warisover

I thought that myself... Dolores=Orthon?

Also look at the adams apples of the other two..theya re squares.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

Who are these people then?
You don't say something like without wanting the attention.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

If she had a few stone added she would be gorgeous, don't like these women who stay stick thin doesn't look natural.

But even by todays standards she would look really alien to people.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
what i find interesting about venus is how "earth like" the terrain is.

Venus is the hottest planet in our Solar System. On Earth, places near the equator are much warmer than places near the poles. On Venus, it is really hot everywhere... even at the North and South Poles.

Venus doesn't have any oceans. It does have two large areas of higher ground. Scientists call the raised areas "continents". One continent is near the North Pole. It is called Ishtar Terra and is about as big as Australia. The highest mountain range on Venus is on Ishtar Terra. The mountains are called Maxwell Montes. They are about 11 km (6.6 miles) high, a little bit taller than Mount Everest on Earth.

The land is rugged around the poles of Venus. There are groups of ridges near each pole. These ridges rise a few kilometers above the lower plains. They are up to hundreds of kilometers wide and thousands of kilometers long. One group of ridges is in Lavinia Planitia near the South Pole. Another set of ridges is next to Atalanta Planitia near the North Pole.

Venus isn't tilted on its axis very much. Earth is tilted about 23°. Venus is only tilted 3°. That means there are no seasons on Venus. It is pretty much the same temperature all year round on Venus... hot!

The atmosphere above the poles of Venus is strange. A "vortex" (plural: vortices) is a swirling mass of air and clouds... like a tornado or a hurricane. There are two vortices in the atmosphere above each of the poles of Venus!

This map is great to look at and imagine what live would be like on venus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d14f9bd91d84748e.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join