It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember Dolores Barrios, the woman from the planet Venus???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Never heard of this before, so thanks for posting this.
Made me think of another case... Valiant Thor.
Heres a link, including pics about this case.
LINK
Wonder how many more stories are out there??

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is crazy. I could pull ten photos off of my facebook friends list that look just as 'unique' as these people, I can't believe this guy had thumbled his way through these images and got people to take it seriously.

We as truthseekers are never going to be taken seriously, the story may have something to it I couldn't say it has not. But the evidence presented in this thread is laughable at best.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Interesting indeed but if I was to get 3 normal humans and say that they were from Venus people would start to say that they have strange features but in fact they're actually normal.
What i'm trying to say is people want to see things that aren't there.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

It seems that YOU missed the whole story, and didn't read the thread appropriately. The guy that took the pictures was a REPORTER. João Martins, a brazilian photographer from the extinct magazine "O Cruzeiro", and this magazine was one of the first in the history, to publish cases of UFO sightings. Mainly in Brazil. If wasn't wrong this photographer had large experience with UFO sightings and this may explain why he jumped so fast to take pictures of them.

So far I am not seeing what I missed. You are only making my point for me. Experience photographer who jumps at the chance to snap pics of some lady but not a spaceship?

In the '50s, in the USA, there was a massive "venus-light-weather-balloon-usaf-secret-experiment" government/military propaganda, to debunk the UFO phenomena. But there wasn't this pressure in Brazil. I bet that João Martins was just a smart guy with his camera that wasn't under the pressure of north-american propaganda.

I got all that. Explain to me why he was so eager and ready to take her picture but not the spaceship.

I am having a hard time believing you are really even reading any post that does not simply agree with you that she was from Venus. After reading through the whole thread from where we left off, it is clear you have your mind made up and did not post here for discussion as much as promotion and that bores me.

If you cannot actually address what people are saying to you then you should get a real job writing fiction. If you are really interested in facts and truth, maybe be a little less argumentative and actually pay attention to what you are pretending to reply to.

Nothing you posted has anything to do with anything I missed from the story in the OP. You just felt insulted and pulled a rubber/glue on me. I guess that is one way to have an adult conversation.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Well given the fact that she was already around her twenty somethings and the whole episode is from 1954 I would say that by the time the Internet became a reality she was either already pretty old or dead. This alone would explain the fact that nothing can't be found on her. Specially if you add the possibility of her never having any children or becoming famous.

Regarding her look I would say it's a pretty typical look for woman from the 50's. Specially for the ones that were involved with fashion (arts in general) and were a bit ahead of their time. Fake eye lashes, heavy make up etc. And if she was Mexican you can pretty much double the amount of make up.

Her last name at least sounds like Mexican so her family or ancestors could very well be from there.

The two mens there also look pretty ordinary, even for today standards.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Don't get me wrong- her eyes are VERY unusual. But the eyelashes aren't what's odd, especially for the time period.

[edit on 3/22/2010 by AshleyD]

Her eyes aren't unusual either. Generally speaking, the more estrogen a woman is running the bigger the eyes. The high hairline is also indicative of this. She is just a hyperfeminine European woman. I dare say she's blonde too? Although she could have been a peroxide user.

Aside from being malnourished and part Asian, she's pretty much got the same look. She could give Delores a run for her money in Alien looks. What you see in this woman is just an extreme of Northern European looks. As for the Hispanic/Latin name, many in South and Central America as actually of European descent but have non-european names.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I got all that. Explain to me why he was so eager and ready to take her picture but not the spaceship.

You are talking as if I was present in that conference. I'm assuming that the reaction of João Martins was quick due his experience with UFO sightings. I can't prove this and again it's an assumption. Despite the really odd looking of the 3 strangers, I just bet my two cents, that nobody there, indeed may have believed they ACTUALLY were from Venus. I can just assume that nobody, nor even João Martins, was really READY to take a shot of a possible alien spaceship rocketing up from the woods. Or maybe he just leaved the place before the craft be seen. Are you from USA?? Maybe you can take your own research with people from California, people that live in Mount Palomar area and may have been present in the conference.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

One thing, though: the mark above her nose looks more like a scar to me. I have a similar mark in the same place from a fishing accident, and it looks about the same (except not quite as long) as the mark the woman has.

My brother-in-law decided he might have better luck fishing the trees instead of the lake, and rather than trolling over to the bank to untangle the line, my dad told him to just pull it out. Long story short, I took a fishing hook between the eyes. :shk:

Not trying to be a skeptic or a debunker or anything. Just saying that the mark appears to me to be something like a scar.

TA

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
You are talking as if I was present in that conference.

You are trying to defend this UFO story as if you were so that is the nature of the questions you have generated by your posts. Do not blame me for asking you about things you are reporting and then trying to support.

I'm assuming that the reaction of João Martins was quick due his experience with UFO sightings.

That is what I do not get.

What do you mean "quick?" He was apparently not all that quick. He took a picture of a woman who stood still for his camera but failed to photograph a UFO. That does not sound like a quick acting, experienced UFO photographer who thinks he just saw an alien from Venus run into the woods. Does it really sound that way to you?

I can't prove this and again it's an assumption. Despite the really odd looking of the 3 strangers, I just bet my two cents, that nobody there, indeed may have believed they ACTUALLY were from Venus.

Then all that really matters is the fact that the man who we know had a camera and you claim is a fast acting experienced UFO photographer somehow failed to get a picture of a UFO that practically announced itself by having the suspected aliens run into the forest where it was parked.

I can just assume that nobody, nor even João Martins, was really READY to take a shot of a possible alien spaceship rocketing up from the woods. Or maybe he just leaved the place before the craft be seen.

You are either not even reading the story or are just super hopeful to the point of delusion. She ran out to her ship because of the flash from HIS camera. Apparently he was still pretty nearby if all she did was run to it from where he took her photo. He was still there, it is in your story.

I understand that people may not be ready, I am just saying I find it hard to believe that a room full of over 1000 people suspects that 3 folks are from Venus to the point of questioning and photographing them but all the cameras get set down as she runs off into the woods for no good reason. See my issue?

Are you from USA?? Maybe you can take your own research with people from California, people that live in Mount Palomar area and may have been present in the conference.

Not sure what you know abut the USA but I am in NY. Basically that means I have the same access to information from California as you or anyone else on the planet.

You are obviously not paying attention to the story YOU posted.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Does David have a ridge on his forehead too?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c9c1fe1243f.jpg[/atsimg]

Above, "David Morand", one of her buddies.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
thanks bud for putting this on. kind of stories i like to read.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
not for anything but she doesn't strike me as a ufo buff.

not saying good looking woman don't believe but this is the 50's.

to me she stands like a model. (feet placement)

false eyelashes etc, for the time period, is likely but unusual in design.

the guys without hats?

anyway, interesting thread!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Look like regular earthlings to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Odd looking people are from other planets now? Do you have any other proof other than looks? That's pretty flimsy evidence to say the least.

Every human being on this planet is from this planet. Sorry to crash the party here.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Semus]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Semus]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

One thing, though: the mark above her nose looks more like a scar to me. I have a similar mark in the same place from a fishing accident, and it looks about the same (except not quite as long) as the mark the woman has.

Hmmmmmmm... don't know, I doubt in the '50s some surgeon could make a huge scar in that transversal area of the forehead, extending to the nose, looks imperceptible, once there's no mark of stitches...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I like reading these old cases but it really can't be verified. And of course you aren't going to find much on these people on the internets, the case is from the fifties. You ever notice how older cases often carry older sci-fi memes, like inter-planetary, intra-solar system travel, while newer cases use newer sci-fi memes, like super-luminal interstellar travel. Although I think the Betty and Barney Hill case went against these conventions, which I think adds to the credibility. However, that may have come out many years later under hypnosis, well after Star Trek popularized the idea of hopping from star to star like so many islands in the Pacific.

I'm rambling. Anywho, as a gullible believer I'd love to welcome our new Venusian masters, but as a giant nerd I'd have to deny the possibility of life on Venus. Mars is a different story.

Venusian or not...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0ae36cb2afd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
not sure if it's been pointed out, but the lady looks a lot like the supermodel Gemma Ward. (And Uma Thurman, as I saw someone posted)

ETA nevermind, noticed it was pointed out on this page

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Brittany]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brittany

She also sorta looks like Marilyn Manson during that period of time when he and the band were playing "let's be space aliens":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/953e4f37967e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My contribution to this thread is as follows: "hmm, interesting story" and "yum, she's hott!"

Carry on people...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
OP, you are seriously calling these 3 people alien because of some different face structure?

It's called being unique.

For example I probably have a head bigger than boys of my age (17) however I wouldn't call myself a grey in disguise.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by diamount]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join