It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location, Location, Location ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In all my years on ATS I have wondered why so many people leave there location on there profiles blank or put in some abstract thing like i'm in the clouds,
And then come on this site to spout hatred, and its not the first time that some one says they are from one place and then trip themselves up and say they are from somewhere different, its ok, you live in a digital world you can take off your foil hat because the day you got Internet your foil hat has stopped working.

STOP BEING COWARDS AND REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND THE ATS MEMBERS SHOULD TAKE A VOTE ON THE MANDATE TO INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cmaracing

STOP BEING COWARDS AND REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND THE ATS MEMBERS SHOULD TAKE A VOTE ON THE MANDATE TO INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION.

This has been bugging you since 2004..? You said years, so I just assumed you meant from jump.

I won't be mean and tell you to get a life, but, uh...

As for leaving it blank - you do still realize that this is a conspiracy site, and many of the folks on here are cautious about giving up personal information..?

I think you need a break from ATS...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you must be very slow, you have an IP address even if you use an IP blocker your Proxy is still there.

O yea C.I.A is still using comadors 64 and the NSA is using a Mach.......

LOL

[edit on 22-3-2010 by cmaracing]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can I ask why, exactly, you think it matters?
And if you made it mandatory to name a specific location, it would still be possible for people to give false information, so what, exactly would have been achieved?
OK, I'm from MA too, wherever that is. Maryland? Manitoba?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have wondered why so many people leave there location on there profiles blank or put in some abstract thing like i'm in the clouds, And then come on this site to spout hatred

Just curious, how is knowing where a member is located going to have anything to do with them reacting a certain way? So if they're hateful and from Australia, that's going to be different than if they're hateful and from Mexico?

I don't get it

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
And why not is it so hard for a member to provide a location especially if you are going to say some thing about a local subject and expressing that you are from that location and you have never been there.

And to answer a question that was asked before this site is not the only conspiracy site and for a mater of fact the ATS mainframe record where your IP is from, they can even tell what city you live in.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Members are not required to state their location. It is an option. Staff does not require it; therefore, members should not require it of each other.

Im sorry but this rant makes no sense. Ive been attached to the military for awhile therefore my local changes often. I have every right to speak about what is happening in WDC even if I dont live there right now. I lived there for many years - therefore, my current local means absolutely nothing in realtions to my opinon on a given subject.

And again, local is not required. It is a personal option. Period.

[edit on March 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that the IT department or the servers do not record a members location?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And just to show

www.quantcast.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why do you want people to put their location down? The only reason I can think of is so that you can look at their post, then look at their location and say "Oh, they live in 'location', I don't like 'location' so I am going to completely disregard their post and assume they don't know anything."

I know the people who work here could find your IP if they wanted to, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The funny thing about this is that I'm not asking for an address just a location, knowing a persons location helps to understand there part of a contribution to a thread.
There are Trolls on this site who do not contribute but instigate as if the topic at hand was directed at them a good example has been on the health care threads where some people who say they live in the U.S. and they don't, but express themselves as if they do.

The sad thing about this thread was that it was moved to rants forum by "AshleyD" from Deconstructing Disinformation forum so I guess to each there own.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Didn't read the thread...Where is "Ma"?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Massachusetts its the Abbreviation Ma

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23-3-2010 by cmaracing]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mine is blank for the simple reason I never took the time to update it.
I didn't feel there was a need or call it lazy if you prefer.

And as you will notice I am not avvy savvy either, had one
once but I haven't taken the time to try and update it.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SuprDupr]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well nothing personal friend but where I live should have zero to do with what I post

I've seen some rants in my ahosrt year and some change but I won't lie...this one just seems out there. Most people when arguing a subject on American soil will tell you they are from Australia or England or wherever...Short of that I really don't see the need to know where someone lives in order to base my opinions on them

Good for you for posting yours, but you don't need mine (which I realize is silly cuz I DO have mine posted...regardless it isn't of worry of anyone here who I don't deem it to be their worry...man that sentence was ugly!

-Kyo

[edit on 24-3-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Iraq 324 0.02 77 0.02 99
do I make that statistic? Just wondering...

top topics

join