It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help stop the babyseal holocost..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Once again I am drawn to a seal hunt thread. I see a lot of speculation and hear say. So I say, you want an honest opinion from someone who can actually give an accurate account of this, ask away. I'm here in Newfoundland. I grew up with the seal hunt. I'm not someone 10000 miles away who has never even seen a snow flake, let alone a seal. I'm telling you this IS NOT a slaughter, this is no difference than any other meat/fur/leather/skin trade. If you think the meat is discarded I have a pantry full of bottled seal meat that says different.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wow that's a lot of seals! Didn't realize the numbers were so large. Are they still using the skins for fur? Not to sound morbid but I bet they do make really nice winter garments.

As long as they are harvested with sustainability, I don't have a problem with it. They don't appear to be a threathened species.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Mod note: Please stay on topic and avoid derogatory comments directed at other members. Thanks. -- Majic

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My name is Elisa and I am an employee of the Government of Canada working on the seal file. I just wanted to clarify that seal harvesting practices in Canada are guided by rigorous animal welfare principles that are internationally recognized by virtually all independent observers. Furthermore, those seals that are harvested are self-reliant, independent animals. For more information, please see: Canadian Seal Harvest – Myths and Realities

top topics

<< 1   >>

join