It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What group do you really worry about in an economic collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A lot of people on ATS fear the military. Knowing people from the military, I can honestly say that I don't worry about them enforcing a martial law situation.. And I think this assumption that they would rises from a lack of understanding of the people that form the body of the military.

The real people I would worry about is gangsters, would be gangsters, and drug dealers. These people are the lowest form of life to me, you can find them in just about any mid to large sized town or city, and they would thrive in a situation where people are desperate, and law enforcement is scarce.

By the way, you're welcome to share your opinions about my post or post your opinions.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There was me reading yourt title thinking I'd be worried for the poor old people and how they were going to survive, and then I read your OP and realised what you meant and to be honest, I still worry about those old people, those walking sticks can take out your eye!

Seriously.. I worry about the feral youth since they seem to be the most adaptable to this situation.. besides this would suit their current society of take what you want, be wastful and above all enjoy being lawless..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

There was me reading yourt title thinking I'd be worried for the poor old people and how they were going to survive, and then I read your OP and realised what you meant and to be honest, I still worry about those old people, those walking sticks can take out your eye!

Seriously.. I worry about the feral youth since they seem to be the most adaptable to this situation.. besides this would suit their current society of take what you want, be wastful and above all enjoy being lawless..

You know. I wasn't thinking about that. But that's completely valid too.

I would worry about the older generations, however as my grandma put it. She just said, that "Sorry son, this is your generations problem. I already went through this sort of thing and I'd rather not do it again."

But shes 75. And I wouldn't want to be a lawless youth that messed with her, because she would just probably kill them.

I would worry about the children.. And I would worry about all the pets out there. They won't have anymore food coming to them, but I guess most of them would adapt much better to the situation if it came to that.

But I realize how bad t could be with a bunch of kids with guns trying to run the scene.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
im worried about all of the rogue mimes and gypsies.

since mimes move silently there is no telling where they can appear or what madness will be unleashed upon their arrival. What if their in a box? or perhaps pulling a rope THAT ISNT THERE!

many minds will be blown upon the very visage of these being coming out of the ether of the netherworld and crossing over into the physical world.

then there are the gypsies often they magical powers and can summon demons. how would you fight a demon? most people arent ready for this brutal reality to manifest itself.

Alot of people may dismiss this post but few realize the power of mimes and gypsies and it is that power that they never cross your mind that you will be caught off guard by them.

BEWARE
BEWARE!
BEWARE!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't worry about the gangsters at all, they'll either kill rival gansters or be killed when they eff with the wrong person...they'll be taken out pretty quickly, as they really have no survival skills like how to survive in the wilderness or even how to function when there is nobody with money to buy their drugs or guns or what have you. Yes they can take what they want and are quite adept at that, but they'd have to hope and chance on a wing and prayer they pick the right place...in havoc many will just shoot first and ask questions later. If someone entered my home that's exactly what they'd get now and it's not even TSHTF yet.

I'd honestly worry about the scammers who can fit into communal living but take off while everyones asleep with the communes rations' or tricksters who befriend you and rob you in your sleep as well. These would be the con artists and cult leaders/spiritual leaders, etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I'd honestly worry about the scammers who can fit into communal living but take off while everyones asleep with the communes rations' or tricksters who befriend you and rob you in your sleep as well. These would be the con artists and cult leaders/spiritual leaders, etc.

That's a good point. Hadn't considered this. Although I generally wouldn't trust people especially in SHTF scenario.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I gotta go with large groups of non-violent Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Impersonator's, if they are anywhere in my neighborhood, I'm afraid I'll just have to give myself up, after all, who know's what they are capable of, and once thing's go bad in the economy, they will probably be unemployed, and angry. I will take the fall for y'all, and be the sacrificial lamb, if these girl's want retribution, then let them take me.....

Anyway, that's what group scare's me, other than that, not many others...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Believe it not this is an old topic that has come up over and over again in many NCO and enlisted clubs...

Chaos ensues and what to do?
I'm not talking of the riots like they had in LA I mean real SHTF...

well it's not the military you need fear... most of us would make our ways home to protect our families... mothers fathers brothers sisters wives and kids... that tops our priority list....

Still look at what we saw in New Orleans...and again in Haiti... roving gangs of thugs... not gangs per say but young men who used "Might makes Right" for permission to rape pillage and burn, rather than help...

No we military folks know all to well the darker side of human nature and to that end fully understand we choose to stand in harms way so or loved ones don't have too... No its not us you need to fear, unless you come looking for trouble

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I couldn't agree with you more, look how some of the Chilean streets took to banding together to fight off the roving opportunist groups...

for me that just marries in with the wasteful lawlessness of today's society, which would just make it that much more nasty.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
persoanlly i dont think of us all as groups, were all human beings and i worry for our survival. at the end of the day lives will be lost and alot of hurt endured but for the sake of our future and our race we have to keep on going and doing everything we can to ensure we survive as a race.

dont get me wrong there are scum in this race of ours, just today i seen a video of a nanny beat a 11 month old child within an inch of his life! but on the bigger picture ( and im not saying i dont find that video disgusting) the survival of our race is more important,

i do not fear any " group " as you call them! i fear our race because we are so self destructive that it is scary! there needs to be alot of teaching and alot of waking up by alot of people. Strangely i feel that the human race will survive and we will evolve beyond anything we could possibly comprehend right now!

Just my two cents guys and gals! Much love to you all
xxx

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Believe it not this is an old topic that has come up over and over again in many NCO and enlisted clubs...

Chaos ensues and what to do?
I'm not talking of the riots like they had in LA I mean real SHTF...

well it's not the military you need fear... most of us would make our ways home to protect our families... mothers fathers brothers sisters wives and kids... that tops our priority list....

Still look at what we saw in New Orleans...and again in Haiti... roving gangs of thugs... not gangs per say but young men who used "Might makes Right" for permission to rape pillage and burn, rather than help...

No we military folks know all to well the darker side of human nature and to that end fully understand we choose to stand in harms way so or loved ones don't have too... No its not us you need to fear, unless you come looking for trouble

Yeah I understand that completely. My brother is in the Marines. He's a good guy and I know he wouldn't take an order to kill innocents.

Gangs is my fear, and I know they would surface here in Oregon, I'm sure they are around. However the public prefers to turn a blind eye to the topic of gangs here.

I'd gladly put down a gang of thugs, and it's the original reason that I bought a gun, in fear of that situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Same answer as I would have given to this question my whole adult life... I worry most about whoever tries to take what is mine or threatens my family's safety and happiness. They will be the ones starring down the barrel of the gun.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I'd worry about clowns since they'd steal your underwear and all, just like that.

new topics

top topics

join