It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences and Inexperiences with Lucid Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello, Milkmustache here.

I've been able to go lucid for a few months now. Since then, the event of lucid dreaming has intrigued me; in order for me to go lucid I just have to concentrate on the surroundings. I have limited control of what I can actually do, probably because I am somewhat knew to this activity. I try it almost every night, but it seems it comes and goes in sets I would say. Some days I can lucid dream four or five nights in a row, then go a week without being able to go lucid. When I do go lucid, it's like nothing else I have ever experienced. My dream abilities seem very limited, I'm able to move quarters and coke cans with my mind, only ever so often. I tend to have trouble with ghosts most of the time in my dreams; I in no way think they are real, although the same old lady in multiple dreams is a bit creepy, especially when she tries capturing you when your in the woods and turns from a nice looking lady into a hag with a burnt face.

Anyone who has had similar blocks on abilities and has found a way to overcome those hurdles please elaborate on how you were able to achieve them. I know it's possible, I just don't know how.

Here is my latest event.

I actually went lucid I would say about two hours ago, had to go to the bathroom, was awake for about 20 min laying in bed, could feel myself slipping into sleep I guess you would say. That's the tricky part for me, the only time I have been able to go lucid is right after I wake for a short time, and I have to "catch" my dream type thoughts right before actually falling asleep.

For instance, this morning when I went lucid, I was in the woods behind my house and began focusing on the creek bed to begin the lucid stage; I began to run down the trail into my backyard, when I heard a child trying to get my attention. I knew the kid had to be a ghost, no reason for a kid to be in the woods behind my house, plus there are always ghosts in my dreams when I'm in the woods, so I ran towards my backyard and thought, I'm always looking for sex so this time I'm gonna try to fly. Didn't work to well, I could fly, just very slowly, then I ran out of juice and fell to the ground, luckily I was only 6 feet or so off the ground, just enough to get over the fence. I read how you could repeatedly jump and eventually you would fly, but that didn't work.

I got bored with flying and the setting after 30 seconds or so, so I tried to leave. I read on here, believe it or not last night actually when looking up tips to stay lucid, that you can change the setting by spinning around, well that didn't work either, i fell down feeling dizzy. By this time I was getting curious to whether or not I was really dreaming, started to lose lucidity, so I focused rubbing my hands together, another tip I read to stay lucid, and that worked very well!! I wanted to go in someone's house in my neighborhood so I tried going outside my house by walking through a window, just like in the physical the window flexed a little, so I immediately stopped; weird thing is I blinked and when I opened my eyes there was an open door beside the window, so I went outside.

I began walking towards the family's front door across the street to explore their house, the door was open so i went in. Not what I expected to look like in their house, lucidity was almost gone by this time, I guess I was forgetting to stay lucid, it was turning into a dream, but the weird thing is when I went to the back of their house, I noticed people were in beds asleep. I panicked thinking it wasn't a dream and i had broke into their house.

Next thing I know I was awake in my bed begin very thankful that I wasn't some unlucky naked sleepwalker in my neighbors house. Best time I had in a couple days happened in that dream. Lucid dreams are great, but bewilders me on how they can seem as real as waking life, to the point where I can't tell which is which until i wake up. Even now it feels more like a memory.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That is odd, I was actually just thinking about this.

My first experience I realized that I could walk through walls. I soon became bored with that and wandered into the backyard, which became a beautiful garden where I learned to fly. At first I was scared, I would get 15 feet in the air and then lose my concentration and fall. After I lost some of my fear I flew about thirty miles and landed on a house by a cliff.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, coming from someone who is most likely incapable of lucid dreaming (at least, I've never had one, despite considerable effort/training)... it sounds like a blast =)

Don't take it for granted.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

The only trick to it is to realize that you are in a dream state. From there you can do just about anything you want.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

Nice thread, I am kinda new to lucid dreaming but I can relate about several nights of "real" dreams and then maybe a week or more of no dreams. That has been happening to me. And I'm glad you brought up flying, I have been flying in dreams since a child, very exhilarating (my stomach flips like on a rollercoaster)

Recently I have been able to tell that I'm dreaming when asleep, My latest dream was; I was testing out my flying abilities, I was in the middle of the street in a big city, tall buildings all around ( I think it was ny) I pushed off the ground and started flying up to the tops of the buildings, A crowd gathered to watch me and I came down to the street to meet them, a girl in a wheelchair had tears in her eyes when I said what's wrong she said I can't even walk, I took her hand and put her on my back with her arms wrapped around my neck, I pushed off the ground but could only get a few feet high before my feet came back to the ground from the extra weight, I felt embarrassed because I was being watched, then I remembered I was dreaming so I told myself, "you can do anything when you're dreaming", I pushed off again and it was slow go and I was straining a little but finally we started flying around the city from roof top to roof top and I felt light as a feather. It's a little longer but just wanted to share.

I never get bored with flying, I look forward to it every night, one time I went to high and it scared me so much I woke up.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I went lucid last night. I love snowboarding so I was driving up to the mountains when I saw a UFO. Not like any UFO's I have seen pictures of or ever drawn. I felt a connection to the beings inside and knew that they could hear my thoughts. The UFO stayed stationary after I spotted it and I kept repeating "take me with you, I'm not afraid" in my head. Suddenly I disappeared completely from my position and reappeared in the inside of their ship. I told them I wanted to see everything (all our conversation was through telepathy and more of it was feelings and not actual thoughts) and they understood without me ever saying a word. In a second or less I looked outside of the craft and saw hundreds or possibly thousands of milky way like galaxies everywhere I looked. They told me, "this is after your universe" (again without speaking). But they didn't need to tell me because I already somehow knew everything. I knew that we had travelled forward through time and dimensions and this was essentially the next big bang or new beginning... I had this feeling inside of me that everything made sense. The whole dream was completely serene I have never felt anything like it in my waking life.

By far the best dream I have ever had.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sounds like you are using the "Wake back to bed" technique, You wake up 2 hours earlier than usual, saturate your mind with what you want to dream, and then fall back asleep.
This is a very beginner technique but works quite well. I have been lucid dreaming naturally my whole life, and learned to control them about 10 years ago. All it takes is time and practice, don't get frustrated or annoyed when you can't fully control your surroundings. Honestly you never will. Some things you just cant affect, although the amount you can is astounding.

Also, don't worry when you cant go lucid every single night, it's actually not as enjoyable, and you don't feel as rested when you go lucid every night for a couple weeks straight. Give it time and they will come, and with more intensity.
Try to plan out your dream before bed, tell yourself "this is where I'm gonna go and this is what I'm gonna do"

When I first started, I created my own little sanctuary I always went to before going off on any adventures. I still start every lucid dream the same way, wherever I am when I realize I am dreaming, I turn around to a door, open it, and step out into a massive field with a huge willow tree and a creek off to the side. From there I would start to practice building things in the field, flying around, or having epic battles, anything I could think of that I had ever wanted to do.

I even learned to backtrack through my memories to find thing's I had lost or forgotten. It takes some time to be able to do that, but it is awesome.

Also, you stated something about seeing the same lady all the time. Well everyone has reoccuring characters. Usually the people you are with the most, or have been influential in your life. But they will play out different roles in your dreams, won't always be the person they appear to be.

Check out Lucidipedia for anything else, and good luck!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been around this thread, I'm currently writing replies to all of you

I will update when I return to my house in about 3 hours from now, very slow internet right now.

By the way it has been 3 nights without a lucid dream. One day I WILL master this technique.

top topics

join