It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry americans..omg the bill!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Obviously English is not your native language so I will not comment on spelling or grammar beyond this sentence.

While I disagree with many of the things you accuse the US of doing globally, I will leave that alone. What you do not understand about America and Americans is that we believe in pure freedom. Freedom of choice, not compulsion to do what we do not like. The United States is the most charitable nation in the world. We give more money to charities and the poor all over the world than any nation. But that is a choice. Same thing within the United States, we donate more money to charities to help the poor than any nation to their own charities. So we have no problem giving and helping the unfortunate at all.

However, what we do not like is being told what we have to do, and who we have to give it to. We do not like a powerful central govt. We do not like govt being the one that takes our money to be given to those it chooses. Americans want to help people, as we do everyday. But we do not want another big govt program that forces us to do what we do not want, and causes more and more people to be dependent on govt instead of themselves.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The fact many you have to resort to criticising the OP because of his English is quite sad and all you're doing is fueling the sterotypes of the ignorant, arrogant American.

The OP does have a point and i agree with him (somewhat).

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't know if you noticed it, but most, if not all Americans on ATS can point out Europe on a map.

Sure, the US might not be the best place in the world and mostly trying to be the the dominator on global world politics stage, but eventually they are in the same ship as we, with the same Central Bank owners.

Difference is though that the US tried to be free, until the FED was born in 1913 and they got the same bankers from Europe.

Sure it is easy to blame America, since it was made for this purpose.

But fact is that European Health care insurance companies invented this fraudulent expensive system.

I am European by the way and my Health care costs about 10 to 12 percent of my income.

I remember a time when health care was only a fraction of that.

Imagine the amount of money some people will pay in a lifetime and never need it.

That is why this is nothing more than like many have said before, a bailout for the insurance companies.

GM

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Gusan, I think you find that most American ATS members are here for the very reason that they DON'T APPROVE OF THE STATUS QUO.

You are shouting at the wrong audience and were this an auditorium with you as the speaker you would be dodging drink bottles about now.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

You are right, what is going on in America today is our fault, we have allowed corruption, corporate greed and pay out politicians take over what rightfully belongs to the people, to us and our children.

All we do is complain and keep bending more each time the corrupted corporate government tells us what to do with our freedoms and our lives.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by gusan

Obviously English is not your native language so I will not comment on spelling or grammar beyond this sentence.

While I disagree with many of the things you accuse the US of doing globally, I will leave that alone. What you do not understand about America and Americans is that we believe in pure freedom. Freedom of choice, not compulsion to do what we do not like. The United States is the most charitable nation in the world. We give more money to charities and the poor all over the world than any nation. But that is a choice. Same thing within the United States, we donate more money to charities to help the poor than any nation to their own charities. So we have no problem giving and helping the unfortunate at all.

However, what we do not like is being told what we have to do, and who we have to give it to. We do not like a powerful central govt. We do not like govt being the one that takes our money to be given to those it chooses. Americans want to help people, as we do everyday. But we do not want another big govt program that forces us to do what we do not want, and causes more and more people to be dependent on govt instead of themselves.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by johnny2127]

I understand what you are trying to tell me. I DO.
For me it is not the bill, i am angry that many of you or the critics of the bill not only accepts other greater injustices but even back them with your/their lives. THAT is my problem.

About the US charity i can only say the US is the largest nation to NOT pay their part to the Un and other organisations. On the other hand one might think the masters needs its slaves alive and kicking..take 10 give 1 back is a good business.
I wish you nothing but good man.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I don't know if you noticed it, but most, if not all Americans on ATS can point out Europe on a map.

Sure, the US might not be the best place in the world and mostly trying to be the the dominator on global world politics stage, but eventually they are in the same ship as we, with the same Central Bank owners.

Difference is though that the US tried to be free, until the FED was born in 1913 and they got the same bankers from Europe.

Sure it is easy to blame America, since it was made for this purpose.

But fact is that European Health care insurance companies invented this fraudulent expensive system.

I am European by the way and my Health care costs about 10 to 12 percent of my income.

I remember a time when health care was only a fraction of that.

Imagine the amount of money some people will pay in a lifetime and never need it.

That is why this is nothing more than like many have said before, a bailout for the insurance companies.

GM

But i do understand the fraud, i understand the argument against the BILL, i do.
As i said, i find it discusting that the same people shouting now are still proud of what they allways have done for the same masters. Why cant they see this?
It is ok to impose the american "freedom" with force abroad all over the planet but tell the american what to do is not ok? That means that it is ok if YOU do as i tell you or else..but when you tell ME you have a constitution and what else right to defend your stand.
Its madness man!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan

About the US charity i can only say the US is the largest nation to NOT pay their part to the Un and other organisations. On the other hand one might think the masters needs its slaves alive and kicking..take 10 give 1 back is a good business.
I wish you nothing but good man.
Thanks.

I am not sure what you mean here. The United States pays for over 25% of the UN's budget. In addition, the US pays for over 26% of the UN's peacekeeping missions as well. Additionally the US gives nearly double as much as the next nation to global charities. So what do you mean by the US not paying 'their part' as you say?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
You must be joking.
first; its THEIR country, YOU are the invasor.
second; YOU were fooled again to believe they were your enemy
third; it is required of a population to be as "modified" as you to keep the machinery going. YOU are a BIG part of the problem.

Too all good men and women, turban or not i wish you all PEACE and ask for forgivness if i insulted you in particular.

What is an "invasor"?

They want to behead us and fly airplanes into our buildings and they are not our enemy?? Wow...I'd hate to think of what they'd do to us if they were...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Next up on the President's list of things to do... legalize marijuana to calm the crowd and make the zombies happy.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just reading the grammatical butchery alone, gave me a headache, but that aside, americans, like anyone reared to be prideful of where they call home, be it a nation, state, city, town or village maintains that view so long as they can live their life peacefully. And if a threat comes to affect the place called home, there are few that are willing to sacrifise their personal comfort to answer the call to defend the percieved freedoms of the people they call friend, neighbor and countryman.

That's what I believe the Nam vet was implying. But those like him are few. (Thank you for your service, though the reason for going werent truthful, by those that sent you and many of my family members into harms way. Personal opinion: the brave, were lied to, in all wars, as those in power knew if truth was told, honorable men would not answer.) There are many reasons that the american public are angry. The biggest being that the very people(the elected officials) do not respect the view of the people who under the guise(see lies) of the electorial process have not had their voices heard, nor respected. The people now understand through the meltdown of housing, the scams of wall street and the uncalled for rescue of the american auto industry, and banks, none of which has benefited the very people who've been victim to all the schemes of those industries.

We cry foul now, as we've always have. From vietnam to the circumstances leading to the 2 wars today, we've cried foul. But they didn't listen, they also didn't try to screw the people simtaneously either, anyone older than my age of 31, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Now today we see the direct possibilities that can occur should these people continue to run unchecked, and unless you are content with wearing a dog collar, you will look past such "haha americans" banter and think about your own location.

In your admission that you've live elsewhere for 30years, ask youself why you left home? What were you trying to escape from, why couldn't you do what your doing now, at home? Greece is in trouble, the uk has been long known to be owned, and if american citizens allow the final pieces to be played by the greedy, the arrogant, the power hungry, eventually even you, will have no more places you can escape to.

ATS member read everything that's going on in the world, some of it sensationalist bs, most, true and verifiable intel. But the fact remains, there are things underway that once hidden are now being done in the open, as TPTB feel comfortable believing the drones are sleeping.

I ask you, stop looking at this as an american issue. Instead, open your eyes and see that what happens here, could very well have implications that potentially reach your front door as well.

Americans like to fight, you know that. We do talk a big game, we carry a big club too, but lately those trusted to represent us have spit on us and misused our might in ways that gives us reason to believe the common man everywhere is worthless fodder. And that is unforgiveable.

Id rather be called a loon, than be right on this one, but my gut says, the many are being pushed to the slaughter, after we've been fattened up.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I agree with the OP , the US has has absolutely mastered the art of hypocrisy and double standards. Besides , if you go around the world killing and pillaging you should expect a bit of flack.

No amount of foreign aid will overshadow the amount of foreign killing.
But of course a healthy overdose of double standards will make sure that you guys keep up the "good" work.

However , I have faith in the US , you just need to reach rock bottom to realize that all the "freedom" talk is just bull.

Americans always act like they are the only ones free enough to eat themselves to death...

Newsflash ! All around the world we have people that think they are free , flogging their nations principals and values - terribly misguided and absolutely oblivious to the fact that they are in fact property.

The US is nothing special ...anymore ...it might be again.....if there´s any inkling of truth to the whole - American ideals, freedom and liberty for all kinda thing.

It's just terribly depressing to watch this potentially great nation go down the tubes , especially since you "seem" to have all the right ideas.

Too bad the American Image is just that ...an image ....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

Why does every post come back to American "raping and pillaging the world"?

Do you know why the EU doesn't have to pay to maintain a large army? Because anytime there is trouble they call the US Armed Services in under NATO. Anytime there's a natural disaster, who gets called? The US to provide food, security and water. Whenever there's a civil war in the 3rd world, who gets called? That's right, the US again to play referee. Why does the US have to maintain a large force? Because we're still providing "protection" in Europe from WWII, protecting South Korea since the 1950's, and the thousands of other places around the world.

Everyone hates the US military until there is a crisis and then it's "where's the US?". If the US finally decided to stay home and take care of ourselves and let the rest of the world deal with their issues themselves, we would be chastised for not "helping" around the world. Not one nation comes to the aid of America when there is a crisis (like Katrina). I wholeheartedly wish we weren't "policeman of the world", but where would the rest of the world be if we didn't?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by indianajoe77]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join