It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95,000 descendants of Mohammed to sue over 'blasphemous' cartoons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
mohammed was a known child molester.
he had a nine year old wife...i mean seriously...what a perv.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

in one story he and one he isnt

not really a fact since they are all just stories

same on all other faiths

passed down from one generation to another.

the cathlic church has loads of claims and proven child molesters serving them.
does that mean jesus was one as well?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Watch out or you will have 95,000 atfer you also

I wonder if the court was furnished with the names of the 95,000?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by joey_hv

the cathlic church has loads of claims and proven child molesters serving them.
does that mean jesus was one as well?

"Suffer little childen"

er....sounds like he could have been !

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3faac7b2ccbc.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been subscribed to this comic for a few years....Jesus and Mo. Mohammed is a 'body double' to avoid insulting or blaspheming Moslems. Although I can understand how some folk might find it offensive...it's really just cutting satire. The guy behind it has had to retain some anonymity to avoid the possibility of negative repercussions...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/503a95ec7b95.jpg[/atsimg]

The simply drawn comic features two present day religious prophets, Jesus and Mo. While Jesus is portrayed as the actual Christian historical figure, Mo claims to be a body double,[1] using casuistry to oppose the restriction of Islam in representing the Islamic prophet Muhammad pictorially. Jesus and Mo share an apartment[2] (and a bed), and occasionally venture outside, principally to a public house, The Cock and Bull, where they drink Guinness and engage in conversation and debate with an atheist female bar attendant known simply as Barmaid, who is never drawn[3] but is characterised only as an out of frame speech bubble. They also converse with each other on a park bench.[4]
Wiki

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I wonder what ever happened to the seperation of church and state?

This is rediculous how can these people be offended when a picture of Muhammed is forbidden anyway so how do these 95,000 people even think that this photo was of "muhammed" anyway? Since they've never saw his actual face.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

your legend, that things is **** funny
second line its very funny a star for that

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3faac7b2ccbc.jpg[/atsimg]

Kandinsky -that's a corker of a cartoon and, to my mind, sums things up beautifully.

Here's another one which I thought made a good point.

Clicky

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
On topic they shouldnt of printed any pictures of him in the first place knowing there are people sensitive to this type of media gabage. WE WERE TOLD NO IMAGES AT ALL....

I disagree. I think that they should have the right to print whatever they want to.

I just hope the court puts and end to this nonsense and there is a good solid ruling in favor of the press.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I am in law. I don't know how old you are, but I went to law school with people who were in their 30's and 40's.

Law is not as lucrative as it may seem. A small percentage of lawyers make good money, but most take whatever scraps come along. A lot of these frivolous lawsuits end up getting settled for a few thousand dollars, which may sound like a lot, but it really is not.

Let us assume you file some BS lawsuit against somebody. It is not unheard of for them to pay you $5000 to go away. The lawyer will only pocket about a third of that amount. Depending on the agreement the lawyer has with the client, the lawyer might also end up paying court costs which can be about a $1000. The lawyer also has to pay rent, malpractice insurance, and other overhead. As you can see, a $5000 settlement is not that much.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They will win this lawsuit.

I won't say how I know this or why they will because I don't care to be flamed for eternity.

But they will win this lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Cartoons depicting Mohammed are everywhere. But only England could consider a Mohammed defamation court case!

Is England a great country or what?

Ie., Muslims may be considered deranged but the English court system may be even more so to consider such a case!

This is, however, a great opportunity for absurdity and humor so we'll watch from a safe distance across the pond...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if Islamic organizations are getting paid to piss off and irritate as many 'western' people as they possibly can. The MSM will make sure there will be headlines every day.

I mean, c'mon people, almost every day I read about "Moslims insulted by piggy bank", "Muslims insulted by videogame", "Muslims insulted by... yada yada yada

...alongside:

"Muslims execute 14 Christians", "Muslims stone 14 year old girl", "Muslims demand Sharia in UK", yada yada yada...

Seriously? Does this not stink like a massive Psy-Op?

Are we being conditioned as a preparation for the final showdown?

As usual, do not fall for the posturing of the loudmouths, from any side. It's leaders, spiritual and/or political, who try to rally up support for wars, only so their ilk can profit yet once again from the murder and destruction while safely tucked away in bunkers.

I suggest everyone focus on our common ground, not our differences, and that we all together ignore the loudmouth leaders who can't wait for more bloodshed, whether through Sharia Law or a War on Terror.

Picture gallery of Iran

The people in Iran have clearly demonstrated they do not support their leaders, and yet it is their leaders who squabble and bicker with our leaders and the Israeli leaders, whom ALSO do not have the full support and admiration of the people they're supposed to represent:

Jewish and Palestinian Women Unite against War

Don't fall for it AGAIN people, we need to learn lessons from history, not repeat it:

WARNING: GRAPHIC: Gaza War & Nazi Holocaust Comparison

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Hi, lost in the midwest

You might find this interesting: Sayyid

This snippet caught my attention:

More than 14 millions South Asians claim Prophet's descent in South Asia, a number much higher than reality. For example, the number of people claiming to be Sayyids in South Asia is higher than the combined populations of Jordan, UAE, Lebanon, Palestine, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One stipulation, depending on how much they get out of this, can we make it say..... 95,001 former relatives that is........ let me know, and i'll be in touch with their lawyers......

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am so sick of this cartoon and comic strip controversy crap. I am not prejudiced at all towards anyone that follows Islam, but seriously, this is getting so old, and it is so damn immature.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Hi, lost in the midwest

You might find this interesting: Sayyid

This snippet caught my attention:

More than 14 millions South Asians claim Prophet's descent in South Asia, a number much higher than reality. For example, the number of people claiming to be Sayyids in South Asia is higher than the combined populations of Jordan, UAE, Lebanon, Palestine, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.

So out of 14 Milion the cartoon only upset 95,000 or 0.06%. Not very effective.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The believers have been on this kick for a long time, remember the Satanic Verses? The Koran has methods for dealing with these evil cartoonist infidels that make water boarding a slap on the hand. They'd have them out on the soccer field and guess what would be the soccer ball?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join