It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95,000 descendants of Mohammed to sue over 'blasphemous' cartoons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

95,000 descendants of Mohammed to sue over 'blasphemous' cartoons

www.news.com.au

Faisal Yamani, a Saudi lawyer acting for the descendants, claims that the cartoons - which first appeared in 2005 and caused violent protests by Muslims around the world - are defamatory.
English lawyers expect that he will argue that the cartoons were published in Britain via the internet and are a direct slur on his clients, who live in the Middle East, north Africa and even Australia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List
Shooting At Home Of Mohammed Cartoonist

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is comical, where is it going to end in a British Court? or continue on Politically. This could blow religion out of Human History as this has to be proven "Beyond a Doubt" that Mohammed is what is said of him which will than open Pandora's Box. Do a search "Mohammed prophet " see what you find.

Critics say the case is a political stunt and yet another example of how England has become the leading destination for “libel tourism”. The English defamation laws make it easier to bring and win libel cases here than in jurisdictions such as America that place greater emphasis on freedom of speech.
(link above)

Zelong.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is bat stranglingly crazy

It doesn't supprise me one little bit, it does, how ever, make me titter into my hankerchief. I mean, how will 95,000 people prove that they are descendants of Mohammed to start with. And how do I find out if I'm a descendant, I could do with about £3.74p (my share roughly)

The world has officially gorn maaaad. Sweet

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Give all the recent stuff with the EDL, if they try to bring the case into Britain it'll only stir up a hornets nest... But I guess that is the aim...

Edit spelling and to add

[edit on 22/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And how much exactly do they plan to sue for if 95,000 want a cut of the pie? Not to mention legal fees that must got into this, and everything else factoring in. If all they want is a few coins in return [which is what they would probably get after everything else is paid for] then I'm sure that could probably be arranged...

Then again I must confess that I do not know the Australian or British Court system all to well. Seeing as I'm not sure which system would pick this up may as well play it safe and say I don't know both

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mohamed was kinda busy to have 95,000 descendants- I wonder if they call each other cousin. Might also explain why Islam is screwed up beyond repair, too. *Has a mental image of a bunch of hillbilly muslims screaming 'Yeeha!' while they jump their camels over the local sheriff*

*sigh* Just more pseudo-religious posturing by imbeciles who want free $$.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The NSA.FBI,CIA even Mossad and Shin Bet should jump on the chance to get DNA samples of all these people it would be good for the database.

Prove your related with a simple DNA test to quilify!!! We will also need finger prints and a photo ID a passport will do!

[edit on 22-3-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Truthfully there is a way to see who we are all decendents from its really not that hard too see. On topic they shouldnt of printed any pictures of him in the first place knowing there are people sensitive to this type of media gabage. WE WERE TOLD NO IMAGES AT ALL....

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I wonder if I could sue Islam for the Burning of Many American Flags, A for the burning of the bible, It has caused me great mental anguish that they did this... Oh my I need to sue them, is there a lawyer he will help me an American Sue them in a British Court?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Truthfully there is a way to see who we are all decendents from its really not that hard too see. On topic they shouldnt of printed any pictures of him in the first place knowing there are people sensitive to this type of media gabage. WE WERE TOLD NO IMAGES AT ALL....

So freedom of the Press, or expression, or speech doesn’t mean a thing? Or are you being sarcastic? Remember compared to the Big 3 of Religions Islam is the youngest. So before there was Allah the God of Islam, there really was a bunch of tribal gods for the Arabs. And then of course there was ALLAH the moon god, of Mohammed’s tribe... One wonders if perhaps Mohamed was doing illegal drugs when the devil. uh I mean the Angels came to him?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's probably not about the money that would be won by the lawsuit but about making a statement and intimidation.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That's just silly. This is the digital age, there are nearly a billion and a half personal computers owned by more than seven billion people. Combine that with free time, and some Photoshop software... You simply cannot expect any subject to be free of artistic depiction. It's happened and I PROMISE you that because of this incident, it will happen again.
And I personally hope it happens again, and again, and again, until these this irrational group of oversensitive Muslims realize that we're not going to bend over backwards to censor our entertainment industry. In most cases the images aren't even derogatory.

Special Orders Do Upset Us.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This should all serve to serve to stir up the resident British muslims no end as it will resurrect the blasphemy allegations, particularly if someone posts the cartoons (again).

Once again I find myself very grateful for the Atlantic Ocean.

Another nail in the UK's already secure coffin lid methinks.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They would probably need mohammeds DNA too

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

this is why i wish i went into LAW

with people sueing each other over the stupiest things i could be a well off individual, live a life luxuary.

think its to late to go into the business?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

great plan! i think the CIA would pay them to offer that information

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

On topic they shouldnt of printed any pictures of him in the first place knowing there are people sensitive to this type of media gabage. WE WERE TOLD NO IMAGES AT ALL....

Yes "sensitive" like some idiot was sensitive that I was walking down the street in Amsterdam with a scarf that apparently looked like some Palestinian symbol. He stopped and yelled some incomprehensible nonsense at me.
Know what, I could care less and the more images that get distributed of that murdering pedofile muhammad that show him for what he is the better I like it. So everyone knows what they can do with the "WE WERE TOLD NO IMAGES AT ALL.." it can go right where the sun doesn't shine.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How about a post for: " 85 Million Christian Relative's To Sue For Crucifixtion Of Jesus Christ"???? That would be just about as crazy as this.... good lord people, don't you have anything else to do with yourselves... C'mon Man!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If Christians have to put up with this.

Nuff said...

Grow up muslims!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

1 point well made.

This is all just stirring up tension. Feeding groups like the afformentioned EDL with hate, to be turned into more hate when they respond. It's BS. (finely crafted BS, but it's BS)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join