It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Independent Working Man Taken Again For A Dumb Sucker in HC Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So you want to opt out and just pay the fine? Well you will be paying for the insurance of others while you go without.

And its only going to get worse as time goes on.

Health insurance exchange-Money Pool Created With You Money

The poor are used as a gate way to bleed off wealth from working people. Large fund created to draw from...with your money.

HIE Trust Fund

This fund represents about 5 billion but the intake of fines will be closer to 20 billion a year. So where is the rest going? Its going to be slushed out to unrelated programs and the like. ITS A SCAM.

AND THIS "is what change looks like".

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
The poor are used as a gate way to bleed off wealth from working people.

Its been my experience that the poor in society are the hardest working people having the crappiest jobs in the nation.

The impoverished in the US already have free healthcare. This addresses the people working their arses off pumping gas and anything else that they can do to simply scrape by.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

This addresses the people working their arses off pumping gas and anything else that they can do to simply scrape by.

Yup and they'll do so by paying 8% of their annual income (just to start) to private insurance companies for the REST OF THEIR LIVES or face a penalty of up to 2% of their annual income — which the IRS will collect. Meaning a family of four making $60,000 per year will be forced to pay $4,800 per year.

Of course, premiums will be ever sky-rocketing due to new, expensive drugs being approved by the FDA like hot cakes. They'll massage everyone in with 8% of annual income to start off.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Of course a public option would solve that...and I do believe a public option will be instituted eventually.

That is the only realistic way they can level the cost of insurance companys to a fair rate. If insurance companys go sky high, then people will choose the governmental plan over the private plan.

Also, it frankly makes more sense to shove my money towards cutting down the debt verses making private insurance companys silly rich.

I know that there is a philosophical difference here...I appreciate the other side of the fence thinking also..I simply have a philosophical disagreement here with a pro-capitalistic stance on health of people. Call me a commie I guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
The poor are used as a gate way to bleed off wealth from working people.

The impoverished in the US already have free healthcare. This addresses the people working their arses off pumping gas and anything else that they can do to simply scrape by.

So the bill then is going to take money from folks that say have a little better job to subsidize the "working poor." This is what you call securing a voting base buy creating dependents.

And subsidies will be means based.

But really look closely at who is going to be paying the bulk into the fund. Mostly folks around 50k yearly that are making to much to afford a subsidy and making to little to afford good health care so they will just pay the fine.

Its a form of taxation that is both regressive and punitive.

People making enought to afford good coverage will be taxed according to thier coverage.

The greatest benifactors of all this are those making under 20k. A dependent class a subsidized class.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by StrangeBrew

I know that there is a philosophical difference here...I appreciate the other side of the fence thinking also..I simply have a philosophical disagreement here with a pro-capitalistic stance on health of people. Call me a commie I guess.

Maybe if the "Great Society" had run a tighter ship recognizing some reponsablity to those paying for it by those administering it and taking advantage of it, folks would have more faith that the goals of the recently passed bill are humanitarian in nature.

The fact is, humanitarian or not the "Great Society" programs were rife with philosophical motivation that had nothing to do with humanitarian efforts. Big money was made, a dependent class was developed and institutions important to a healthy society were damaged.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The Independent Working Man Taken Again For A Dumb Sucker

I agree, my husband and I have always lived very frugal and humble lives, never owned a home, no bills,

What little he does make will tip us over the edge we will not be able to afford HC insurance if forced to pay for it.

So why work?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do you blame the President for this. I watched CSPAN. When the Health bill was in the Senate last year, it was Republicans that created these fees. Don't blame it on Democrats. Republicans were determined to destroy the bill. It is for this reasons that Democrats didn't take the bill back to Senate after the house passed it. What they call it reconciliation. Actually Democrats caught Republicans off Guard and they only opened their mouth when they knew Republicans cannot do a damn thing about. Still Republicans did their best to make it fail. I ask the middle class to vote Republicans out of the office blindly regardless of how good they are for us. They proved themselves to be working for big Corporations and special interest groups. Just like the president said in its speech. That it worked good for Insurance Companies but not for middle class America. God bless America and the Heroes of this Country that cares about the poor of this country. Society is not a society if we don't hang on to each other.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

Your full of malarkey. I didnt hear any dems complaining about the fees. The dems were the ones making the deals. Not a single republican voted for it so unless you can show some sort of conspiracy that they were working togeather.

We need to hold on to each other? Man the tics and leaches have been holging on and intend to such us dry....between the rich crooks and the poor crooks is the working man. Like a good man I know has been saying for years, thats where the action is.

Real heros right like Robin Hood, Jesse James, Marx letting his children starve to death for the cause. No thanks

top topics

join