posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:37 AM
Before I go on, I would like to apologize. I read a wonderful article last week, and I regret that I cannot find the link to post here. However, I
will do my best to sum up the situation in Saudi Arabia and how dire it can be for the world. I will make these points brief:
1. The US has been weaning itself off of Saudi oil for a long time
2. The US has been one of the largest customers of the Iraqi oil-for-food program
3. The royal Saud family has been funding terrorism abroad as to insulate itself from terrorism at home
4. The royal Saud family rightfully fears terrorism in its own country because the Saudi public sees that the Saud family is rampant with corruption,
and stealing the money from Saudi's
5. Saudi Arabia, I believe handles 25% of oil output.
6. Saudi's oil production is sickeningly vulnerable to attack, and if it is, its production- even though doesn't effect the US directly (since our
weaning off of Saudi oil) will still affect world oil markets- sending up the price and demand through the roof.
As an aside, it is my firm belief that although I cannot directly say one way or the other that the US went to Iraq for oil, I would nearly definitely
say that the invasion of Iraq was an aide for the US to get out of Saudi Arabia ... and move into Iraq.