It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, live webcam from Antarctica, NEW UPDATE

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
ok, i just checked Mawson (7.26pm) and the cams' still pointed at the Base.
Good eye, cmdrkeenkid the dot is still there. What i want to know is what is
the dot... the less bright one closer to centre of pic. see Kano' post above.
And how come Mawson wont point the cam' toward the sky lately?
Sanc'.

that second dot would be placed amidst the glare of the lights on the second picture, so it's kind of hard to say if it's a camera error or not.

AgentSmith: thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thx, ckk

I'ts a dumb q/a, but could polar bases transmit higher res' webcam grabs?
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No great secret ! the web cam in question is housed inside a pespex dome the light is a reflection of the moon, because of the low latitude both moon and sun move around much closer to the horizon and during several weeks over mid-winter, lasting a couple of weeks the sun is just a glow below the horizon.

To answer a couple of the other questions asked earier the "spy dome"
that looks like epcot is to protect the communications dish from the weather i.e. wind and ice particles which can etch most things.
They are used at all three Australian Antarctic stations Mawson, Davis, Casey and the Sub Antarctic island Macquarie Is. which has a small base.

Mawson is very windy, the average wind speed is around 40 knots
and quite often much higher with a "katabatic" wind blowing of the
ice sheet. Winds can reach 250kph

During the winter with no ships (shipping season is NOV-MAR) Mawson only has a crew of about 13-15 people. The biggest conspircy that would occur is stealing the last mint slice biscuit or miss-timing the next batch of home brew.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
well thanks for that insight antarctic_ice
looks like the big mystery is cleared up
well it certainly was fun, need a new project now < scratches head> , what am I gonna do now ? lol....Of course this could be disinformation to deflect us away from this mystery..........No only kidding hehe

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antarctic_ice
The biggest conspircy that would occur is stealing the last mint slice biscuit or miss-timing the next batch of home brew.

You really need to get a nice big crate of Cornish scrumpy sent over to last you through the winter

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
hey, thanks antarctica! gotta admit i never considered the web cam being in a dome. Great to hear. from someone so far down under.

So.. there's just the very original mawson object to identify now!. We're getting there

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
yeah thinking back , that original light was not the moon , not in my humble opinion anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join