It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, live webcam from Antarctica, NEW UPDATE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Stall stall stall.......circumvent......huh??
lol

Good find and interesting coincidences.....Just check out how many times the camera has been adjusted prior to the anomaly and that should give us a better idea if it was deliberatly moved or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful work, Liblam.

I did notice the timestamp in the URL, but I didn't take it to nearly the level you did, and (shame on me) I was too lazy to report it. Good work, indeed.

Also, it looks like this camera moves around a lot, to those who have mentioned the camera's movement. I don't personally believe that it's movement is subversive or a cover-up.

I think that it's a VERY ironic coincidence that there appear to be 3 objects. I need to look through the pictures firsthand. . .There's a lot of good science going on here, and I ask that no one turn this into an alarmist doomsday thread.

On a side note, I've read on some of the Lake Vostok threads that spy satellites are often positioned over Antarctica. Some people say because the owner is looking for something in Antarctica. Other people say that Antarctica is a good place to hide spy satellites when they're not in use, or when a foreign government becomes suspicious. Regardless, it makes sense to me that spy satellites are swarming Antarctica. Especially since everyone is suspicious of every other nations activities in Antarctica, due to the treaties.

Good work all,

--J1M

***Edit: I kinda think object 1 and object 3 are the same object. Also, I'm looking @ the Mawson Map, and I'm having trouble determining where the camera is. . .Could someone elaborate on how they came to a conclusion of where it was? Also, if possible, post a picture w/the approximate area highlighted. . .***

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Just1Man]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well I am still waiting to get a reply on email from them , so keep me posted cmdrkeenkid
, Hopefully they will correct the webcam and we can see if this thing shows up again. Thanks for everyones input on this. And can you believe it has now been moved again, so you can't see the sky at all!! If anyone else wants to email them the addy is [email protected] could put a bit more pressure on them moving back

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Mindsmog]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

From Mawson Comms
Sent Friday, June 4, 2004 5:33 am
To [email protected]
Cc
Bcc
Subject RE: Webcam
Hello Jermiah,

There is no conspiracy. I moved the web cam to investigate this so called
bright light. The only bright light on that night would have been the moon
which did come up in the east and move into the northern sky on that night.
Also I think it was a littl overcast on that night. We have observed nothing
unusual and there are certainly no comets of any significance around.

Thanks for the link to the web site.

Dale

well, looks like we should watch to see since he moved the camera back for us! but i donno about it being the moon... it didn't seem that bright to me, or big enough. and even if it were overcast a little it would not have been a bright point source of light like that. of course i donno what the moon looks like from antartica...

Originally posted by Just1Man
On a side note, I've read on some of the Lake Vostok threads that spy satellites are often positioned over Antarctica.

i know most spy satellites have polar orbits, meaning they go from north to south, instead of around the earth east to west... or vise versa for those directions. it's impossible to just stop a satellite over anywhere unless it's at the equator, and then it would be too far away from the earth to be an effective spy satellite.

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've been looking at the web cam fotos and I think that its very strange that if you go to the links at the top of the page they are all pictures of spy satellite domes.

There's been some very good work done by other people on this forum.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well thanks for the update cmdrkeenkid, Smells fishy too me, not saying this is a comet or ufo or anything but is damn suspicious and the the webcam is pointing further down than ever on that site, funny coincidence that since we been emailing them, seems and i stress SEEMS like they are hiding something! I could be totally wrong of course and I'm keeping an open mind on this, but We will see what pans out.

Note: This is still a mystery ...I love mysteries

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Mindsmog]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i think in his saying that is was not a conspiracy, strange comet, or ufo was because he read people's theories on this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Cmdrkeenkid

That avenue could come later, with a bit more investigating
, I never change my opinion to suit others, i just say what i feel.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sky data for Antartica:

www.heavens-above.com...

Clickable Starchart:
www.fourmilab.to...

Looks likes it's probably Uranus or the Moon imo,
both of them are brighter than a magnitude of 1.0

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
thanks for the info regenmacher, but it might as well be chinese to me , damn i am no good at astronomy, maybe someone with better understanding of these will take a look and confirm what it is you are saying matey
cmdrkeenkid, where are ya

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why the hell are we lookig at the bleeding ground now???!!!!

what's going on with this thing - if there is nothing to hide why are we now blessed with a wonderful view of a few buildings???
Now we can't see any sky at all!!!

"Nothing to see!! All go back to your homes!!" - Yeah whatever...............

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
WTF? Is that Epcot center?

Let's hear it for Australian research. Lay off the Fosters, some of us like to look @ Antarctica.

Also, CKK, thanks for pointing out how ridiculous "parking" satellites over Antarctica sounds. I should have put more thought into that statement before voicing it.

My opinion on the "Anomaly?" Weather balloon. Gotta be a weather balloon.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just1Man
WTF? Is that Epcot center?

if it wern't for that big building next to it, and it being right on the ground i would have guessed it to be a radar of sorts. but hey, it could still be just that.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That dome houses and protects the satellite uplink, the comms for the station. It is in fact how we are able to get these webcam images.

www.geocities.com...

Google Cache of an AAD page regarding the dome.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well, I guess that makes it easier for me to locate the camera on that map. I think someone mentioned this before, but I couldn't follow what he/she was saying, so this clears some things up for me.

I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the Aussies. I don't like to walk 5ft out my door to get the newspaper when it's cold. I can't imagine the bizarre rituals for figuring out who has to go outside and reposition the webcam for a buncha I-Net Conspiracy Theorists. I bet it's like the Aussie Scientist Royal Rumble. . .or some kinda drinking game.

Anyway, I've about exhausted my ideas about the lights in the sky. I haven't bought into any explanation so far, tho. Unless the moon looks REALLY tiny from the polar regions.

=-=-=-=-=-=

. . .Wait a minute. . .You mean to tell me that Epcot Center is actually a massive satellite uplink?! I KNEW Michael Eisner was up to something. I bet he's spying on the Cape Canavaral launches. This explains SOOO much. . .

--J1M

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm no astronomer, but I really wouldn't think the moon could move that fast over 30 mins of time, As for weather balloon, are they that bright?? Part of the mystery would be solved if we could see the sky again, so we know if the thing is in orbit?? or getting bigger LOL, well guess we will never know
Another Unsolved mystery.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ok got an email response today

To: "Lee
Subject: RE: Webcam
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:59:32 +0600

Hello,

I would be interested in the images you have saved. I might be able to shed more light on the subject. The web cam is pointed at the Anaresat radomes at prestent due to a request from HO. I will point it anywhere you like next week. I will also point it at anything interesting in the sky regardless of the ho request.

Cheers,
Dale.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, 5 June 2004 5:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: Webcam

Hi there, me and quite a lot of other interested parties have noticed your webcam has moved, meaning its pointing at the nuildings not at the sky, could you kindly move it back, as we got a glimpse of something and would like to know if its still there or re-appears, I have the images saved on disk, and also check this link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is a few frames put together in a gif file, we are interested in this bright light in the sky, Please would you move the webcam back towards the sky. many thanks on behalf of the ATS community.

Only problem is the jpgs i had got reformatted when i got a corrupted disk, If anyone has the original images saved please could they U2u me and arrange for them to be emailed to my hotmail address

[email protected]

many thanks , and hopefully this will get cleared up

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Super Job, its cool the guy is just going to move it.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thats really probably a satellite...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
Ok got an email response today

that's great work, man.
i wonder why HO requested the camera stare at a building? like they haven't seen it before? HAHA!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join