It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible isn't good enough

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Its not good, in fact its a load of rubbish.
There are things that do not make sense at all, such as contradictions in ideas about killing.
If God is almighty (and i know this is abit of a repugnant argument) would his only legacy that would stand the test of time be a rubbish book.
No... He is almighty, im forced as a rational person to think that the bible is utter rubbish created by secret societies to maintain control over the populus.
God, or at least god in the cristian sense does not exist.

Metaphysics, string theory and infinate possibility multiverses are easy for me to get my head around than a book that tells you you have to pray to an almighty (MAN)

This is probably in the wrong section but hey.
If you change the word god to allah and the word bible to quaran this still works

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Its not good, in fact its a load of rubbish.
There are things that do not make sense at all, such as contradictions in ideas about killing.
If God is almighty (and i know this is abit of a repugnant argument) would his only legacy that would stand the test of time be a rubbish book.
No... He is almighty, im forced as a rational person to think that the bible is utter rubbish created by secret societies to maintain control over the populus.
God, or at least god in the cristian sense does not exist.

Metaphysics, string theory and infinate possibility multiverses are easy for me to get my head around than a book that tells you you have to pray to an almighty (MAN)

This is probably in the wrong section but hey.
If you change the word god to allah and the word bible to quaran this still works

The best part about stating total opinion such as you did in this post is that I can print it and then wipe my butt with it.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

The best part about stating total opinion such as you did in this post is that I can print it and then wipe my butt with it.

Thanks for sharing.

Im just annoyed about the fact millions of people have been duped into believing this rubbish.

Your reply was even worse than my post.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

It must be difficult being smarter then "millions of people."

Opinions are like bellybuttons. Everyone has one and some are uglier then others.

Adulthood is usually reached when one announces to the world "I don't know everything." You ain't there yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Of course the Bible is a terrible mess. It has been translated, hacked and purposively changed numerous times over the years. While the word of God is in there, it has been muddled by the hand of man.

I think you will find only a few religious groups claiming the modern Bible is the exact word of God or that the changes were guided by God. Even the most religious scholar will acknowledge hundreds of errors in the modern Bible. Which by the way does not diminish their faith.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by GW8UK

It must be difficult being smarter then "millions of people."

Opinions are like bellybuttons. Everyone has one and some are uglier then others.

Adulthood is usually reached when one announces to the world "I don't know everything." You ain't there yet.

I dont think im smarter than anyone i dont know but TBH with you i dont see anyone replying to this thread with a video of them and god saying "you should have listened to your grandma" (which is usually what people want for UFO evidence[but replacing god and grandma with prot and alex collier )

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

I think you will find only a few religious groups claiming the modern Bible is the exact word of God or that the changes were guided by God.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Kaploink]

I take what you say on board apart from this statement, i think there is alot of blind people, the kind of christian that sais "gays are bad"

Thank you for your reply it was quite constructive. The understanding of why we're here should be the fundamental question in science till it is answered. I don't think the bible is the answer.
I think the earlier versions of the bible (as you say) may have provided the answer (within ancient knowledge)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I dont think im smarter than anyone i dont know but TBH with you i dont see anyone replying to this thread with a video of them and god saying "you should have listened to your grandma" (which is usually what people want for UFO evidence[but replacing god and grandma with prot and alex collier )
reply to post by GW8UK

So...when God comes to you with proof of his existence you will be cool with that.

Cool.

Any court of law will convict without photographic eveidence of the crime.

But you...no.

Admit it. You are simply bitter at the lack of happiness in your life.

I will pray for you and your lost soul.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I love the way you "loving Christians" talk to people. That should be your first clue that the op is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
God is real and he exists. proof? you are proof, all creation is proof. the bible is the authentic word of God you make these outrageous claims but you've never read it. In the End if you don't repent you will know that God is real and his word is true but by then it will be too late. you see God wants people of faith. Believing in what they cannot see.

Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Admitted, Does that make you happy?

It is clear you believe in god, and is clear you are insecure about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
God is real and he exists. proof? you are proof, all creation is proof. the bible is the authentic word of God you make these outrageous claims but you've never read it.

Keeper

Yes i have, I wouldnt make the claim that its a load of rubbish if i hadnt seen the rubbish for myself.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

I love the way you "loving Christians" talk to people. That should be your first clue that the op is right.

The army of god is relentless

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

I think the majority of people on this site are religious, and mostly Christian. It's not worth trying to reason with them. I've taken part in a number of religious discussions and it's like arguing with a brick wall. But it works both ways. Take my advice and stay out of the religious debates. As much as you want to educate and argue with people it's just not worth it. You will end up angry and frustrated. I imagine alot of the Christians feel the same.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why should a lack of god imply a lack of happiness ? I've yet to meet an xtiasn that's having such a good time of it that I'd rush to trade places with them.

Get a grip man, just because someone is sick and tired of the bible delusion doesn't mean they got a load of hate or have a small penis.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
reply to post by GW8UK

I think the majority of people on this site are religious, and mostly Christian. It's not worth trying to reason with them. I've taken part in a number of religious discussions and it's like arguing with a brick wall. But it works both ways. Take my advice and stay out of the religious debates. As much as you want to educate and argue with people it's just not worth it. You will end up angry and frustrated. I imagine alot of the Christians feel the same.

It seems like crmanager is a character assasian, if god exists then he's going to hell. Relentless personal attacks is all ive got from him, nothing of substance. If he cant provide me with evidence that convinces me that god exists then he should just kill me. haha

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Admitted, Does that make you happy?

It is clear you believe in god, and is clear you are insecure about it.

Sounds like Fragile Faith Syndrome to me nothing worse than an xtian suffering from this, they never shut up about jesus, simple observation - the more they go on about jesus the less likely they are to actually believe.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Dont forget all that "Load of rubbish" was written by men.
So obviously it is a bit .... wrong.

The only thing I follow is the commandments given to men by god.

All the rest is just cult stuff and a bit of history in my book.

(My personal opinion)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If he cant provide me with evidence that convinces me that god exists then he should just kill me. haha

You will never get that evidence because there is none. You always hear alot of people say 'prove God doesn't exist.' But the person that makes the claim has to provide the evidence. I find it strange that so many people believe in the Christian God but no one believes in my magical all powerful hat. They have the same amount of evidence

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by System

I often think along the same lines in terms of magic hats, levitation, wands, giants (although these are real), fairies, angels.
our planet is pretty boring and supernatural free considering a man made it in 6 days in the dark

top topics

<<   2 >>

join