It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A victory for Obama's healthcare bill equals Four More Years.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I know a few things Mr Barrack Hussein Obama could do to get him over that hump.

1.) Spend a few more trillion of your grandchildren's $
2.) vote to increase the deficit a few more times
3.) Spend another few trillion of your grandchildren's $
4.) buy lots of used cars for $20k a piece
5.) Spend
6.) Spend
7.) Print more money
8.) Spend
9.) Spend
10.) Spend

that will take care of everything right?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I don't know if he'll be re-elected in 2012, but I'm very skeptical that this healthcare bill will have a positive impact on his chances. For one, this isn't a particularly popular bill to begin with; in fact, any poll I've seen shows that the public has at least a somewhat negative view of it. Second, combine that with the fact that most of the 'benefits' don't kick in until a couple of years after the 2012 election and there's not much reason to believe that any minds will be changed on the issue in time for his re-election campaign.

I suspect that he'll get a 5-10 point bounce in the polls in the short term as his base rallies around a so-called victory, but give it a month or two, and I think his poll numbers will be right back where they were before this passed. Its going to take a popular piece of legislation for the Democrats to salvage their electoral chances, but with cap and trade and amnesty as the next agenda items on the horizon, I think its more likely that their long term trajectory continues downward.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
For one, this isn't a particularly popular bill to begin with; in fact, any poll I've seen shows that the public has at least a somewhat negative view of it.

Yeah, but on what are they basing their opinion? Reading and understanding the bill? I don't think so.

They're listening to the scam artists like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity (among many others who don't know what they're talking about) to form their negative opinion. There used to be more support for this until the detractors came out with their "death panels" and "government funded abortion" and baby-killing BS.

How this is seen in the future will be based on the results people actually experience from the changes, not what some pundit tells them to think.

[edit on 3/22/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

<< 1   >>

join