It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Bill ATS poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Would it be possible to set up a poll to get a real result so as to not be dependant on the MSM's poll results. I would like to see how accurate they actually are.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree broadley with the idea of care for all in any modern society.

What I dont agree with, and understand many Americans being worried about, is the Government in America forcing people to pay money to Companies, Corps and insurers etc for this.

If the US had instead wanted to create its own locally devolved but ultimately National Health Service of some type, wher the Money did not go to Big Phrama or lobbyists groups masters then it may have been differant.

Indeed such spending, not for profits but for infracstructure and Jobs employed by loval legislature may have been what America needed to help it out of any double dip fears of the Depression.

Esp as this would have led to better care in the community and general social services to support such an sytem. Societies would have become closer, and real change could occur to create a fairer society.

As it stands the ideals seem lofty, the salesmans patter on the Hill for helping the dissadvantaged etc, allowing health care for all, is just a Spinning of the truth.

Pay Pharma and Insurance companies by all. 600 million or more garunteed customers.

Everyone who has every worked in medicine and care work, knows the effects of Bad Housing, bad Nutrition, stress and environmental factors such as these on health, disease and post treatment recovery.

Ensuring by legislature that a very poor member of society has to have some insurance in place as such, and therefore reduce their ability to move from the neighbourhood, or get good nutrition, or pay for gym membership will do more harm than good medically over the long term. Its back to front.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dude, you cant set up a poll on ATS about anything governmental...this is the fringe.
Unless the poll states: Do you believe the healthcare bill is a secret government plot to enslave the masses by reptilian overlords to fuel a new age of alien/human hybrid projects?

Then there might be a decent split...maybe...

(incidently, of course its a secret government plot of reptilian enslavement)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm for the health care reform. That's 2-0 so far since the op didn't vote.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you set up a poll on this matter on ATS, your results would be more skewed than any MSM poll because you'd have people outside the US voting, like me...

If I had the chance to vote once, I'd vote for, just to piss the Conservative nutters off...If I had the chance to vote as often as I liked, I'd vote all over the shop just to trash the poll...

ATS is not the place for opinion polls...Polls are nothing more than juvenile popularity contests, whether the subject of the poll be a person, party or idea...That kind of stuff belongs in primary school...

Unless you want to create a thread, count each post and treat it as a poll of sorts...

Edit to add - Board Business & Questions is not the place to have such a thread, btw...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i'm a little surprised ats doesn't have some sort of polling function like a lot of forum sites do. but, on the other hand, like previously mentioned, they are sorta juvenile and provide little real information other than maybe a whimsical snapshot of a very self-selected group. they can be amusing enough, though.

i totally support this bill ... and i kinda feel lonely on ats right now. yikes ... maybe even a little scared of the unbridled vehemence.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I support it to but I'm not from the USA. I had a speak to my dad about it and we figured most Americans are just a bit wacky which is why they are so against it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just for you Joey...

whatukno.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

What makes you think ATS is would result in some kind of accurate poll? It would be a poll of ATS members, who, at my last observation, aren't your average Americans. ATS members are, for the most part, a collection of conspiracy theorists, from amateur to professional, whose points of view tends to be skewed toward the 'skeptical of government' all the way to 'all government members are evil fascists'. So, what kind of 'accuracy' are you looking for? Accurate as far as what?

I support health care for all. I don't think this bill is the final answer to this country's health care problems, by any means, but I believe the passing of this bill is the first step toward a health care system that will serve this country well. For that reason, I support this bill.

A couple comments about the other posts:

reply to post by Retrovertigo

Excellent post!

reply to post by Hadrian

I think all the supporters feel kind of lonely.
It's hard to keep voicing one's opinion in the face of all the hatred and uncivil comments. Hang in there.
That's another reason the poll would be skewed. Many Obama supporters have left the board or just aren't participating right now because of the seemingly overwhelming negativity toward members for their political views. Sometimes taking a break is necessary for one's sanity.

reply to post by Nventual

Edit to add that the following is a generalization:

Americans are a bit wacky, it's true, but the reason they are against it is because they either cannot or haven't taken the time to read, research and comprehend it, so therefore they trust the lying political idiots like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and John Boehner, to get their information. Generally, Americans are not known to think for themselves, unfortunately. As soon as they start seeing the benefits of this bill in their personal lives, they will change their tune.
(But don't look for that to be reflected here on ATS. The die hards hang out here.)

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
morning! i am totally against this bill, as soon as he took the public option off the table I knew it was nothing but another corporate handout. i don't have health insurance now, have not for ten + years.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That's actually another thing that many of these public polls don't take into account. Many people disapprove of this bill because it's not liberal enough. So, the disapproval percentage is split between people who don't want universal health care at all and those who do want it, but don't think this bill will get it.

I, too, want a public option.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think a poll would be fun as a quick little measure just for kicks.

Whatever happened to the ATS polls anyways? Those were enjoyable.

We all know polls aren't 100% fool proof but that sounds like a fun little gauge to see what the readers are thinking.

[edit on 3/23/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We all know polls aren't 100% fool proof but that sounds like a fun little gauge to see what the readers are thinking.

I agree that they are not fool proof as well but ATS is full of all kinds if people from all different backgrounds and all with different opinions on a HUGE variation of subjects so polls should definitely be added here IMO.

Now if I had to decide right now I guess I would be for the health care bill as well. (although I am outside of the US)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I think a poll would be fun as a quick little measure just for kicks.

Hi Ashley.

If you do decide to have a poll, I would suggest it be more than a simple approve /disapprove of the bill poll. Something like:

I disapprove of this bill because I disapprove of universal health care.
I disapprove of this bill because I don't trust this administration.
I disapprove of this bill because there is no public option.
I approve of this bill because it's exactly what the US needs.
I approve of this bill because it's a step toward universal health care.
I approve of this bill because I trust this administration to do what's right for the people.

Or something like that. That would give a more comprehensive idea of where ATS members are. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Americans are a bit wacky, it's true, but the reason they are against it is because they either cannot or haven't taken the time to read, research and comprehend it, so therefore they trust the lying political idiots like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and John Boehner, to get their information.

That's quite a bit of a generalization there BH. I've read the bill. Actually I've read multiple bills, around 5 of them I think. And I still don't support any of it. Each bill might have a piece here and there that would be a good thing, preventing insurers from refusing people due to prior conditions for example, but none of them have been anything I could support because of all the rest of the things in them.

Haven't watched Beck or Hannity (never even heard of Boehner) to get my information. Haven't come here to read others opinion. Haven't actually watched the news in months even when it wasn't about health care. I read it (them technically) and came to my own informed conclusion that it's jammed full of crap with few redeeming qualities, and I am therefore against this monstrosity.

Had it been done right, I'd probably support it. Had they taken their time instead of ramming it through as quickly as possible, I'd probably support it. Had they been able to get the votes without resorting to bribing Democrats, I'd probably support it. Had they not jammed as many things as possible into one monstrous bill that takes days of non-stop reading to get through, let alone comprehend fully, I'd probably support it. As it stands, this is the worst display of our government in action that I've seen in awhile and I pray it doesn't turn into the horror I believe it will after reading what they're going to do.

You believe people don't support this bill because they're blind and haven't read it on their own. I can't believe anyone could read the bill and still support it. To each his or her own, eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Topic Only, Please

Please note that this is the Board Business & Questions forum, not a political forum.

The OP is very straightforward and suggests a poll of ATS members on a particular subject. It should NOT be considered an invitation or excuse for importing political discussion into the BB&Q forum.

Such posts will be subject to removal, so let's please stick to the topic of polls and reserve political opinions for the appropriate forums.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That sounds good. Including the obligatory 'Undecided. I'm waiting for the full details to surface' Or what not.

Like someone else mentioned, we'll get a lot of voters who may not fully understand what it is about (as is evident by some of the posts around the board I've read who think it's straight-up universal health care) but it would be something that is fun to see for grins and giggles.

Even if our understanding is off of it a bit, I'd be curious to see the results.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Including the obligatory 'Undecided.

There are people on ATS who are undecided???
You're right, of course, Every good poll has to have an "undecided".

reply to post by Jenna

Yes, absolutely, it was a generalization. I know there are people who have read it and disagree with it (as well as agree with it). I was speaking generally. I'm really sorry.

No more politics, Majic. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am for the bill as I think that it is a step in the right direction. Definitely have not felt that I could express that on ATS without getting slammed..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There was a health care poll on ATS... in fact, here is the link
POLL

However, the thread was closed, with the words

As it has already passed, there is no need for a poll

[edit on 2010/3/23 by The Soothsayer]

top topics

join