It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin says there are no Aliens!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Today on my way to work I was listening to WFAN 660am. Its a sports radio station in New York and the morning show is Boomer Esiaoson (sp?) and Craig Carton. Anyway, Buzz Aldrin was a guest on there today to promote Dancing With The Stars.

Craig asked him if Aliens have ever visited this Earth and he said 'No, everything I have said has been science fiction. It's not to be taken literally. Aliens have never visited Earth, and if we keep on harping on things that do noty exist we cannot move forward'

Not the exact words but something to that effect.

Basically, what he said is that all these crazy things he has been saying recently is just science fiction that he made up.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If this is true he could have at least said he was promoting alien movies or something. Maybe the airing of the show itself was a hoax? Admitting to lying about something like that suddenly would paint yourself in a very negative light.

I don't really believe it, can you dig up some source to back up your claim?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
"well buzz, we're interested in having you on the show and paying you wads of cash but you're going to have to stop all this crazy ET talk, it's making you sound crazy, i mean, it's all science fiction, right"

"wads of cash you say?!"

everyone has their price.

[edit on 22/3/10 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Checked it out real fast -

www.wfan.com... - site I got the playback from

Direct link to playback download

Boomer & Carton - Buzz Aldrin

at 2:45 he talks about setting up a colony on Mars, before this point he mentions not going back to the moon..

at 3:27 he is indeed asked if Aliens have landed on this planet.. he says no then goes on to say "Well if you want to read my wonderful science-fiction story, I might have to change my mind." I guess everyone does really have a price..

Check out the mp3 download, it's almost 7 minutes long but confirms the OP

edit to add direct link to the mp3 file

double edit - time typo, sorry

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Estharik]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Estharik]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Did Buzz Aldrin ever say he believed in UFO's? I don't think so. That was Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell.

Cooper on his sightings:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tussilago

Yeah do a search on Buzz.. he's recently been saying alot of crazy things. Now, hes saying it's all just in good fun in the name of science fiction?? Alot of people were taking what he was saying literally because he was a former astronaut! Its really disappointing.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds like Big Brother just padded Aldrin's wallet.
*Second line.*

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

What I find puzzling is that he denies the possibility of aliens visiting Earth. Shows that he knows something that he isn't telling.

A subject like aliens and UFO's is always wrapped in a paper of "unknown". You can state your opinion, but it goes either way. There is no proof of their visits, like there isn't (I know this isn't a very strong statement) any proof that they do not, ignoring all the hoaxes and made-up stories.

The fact that he is saying with some degree of certain that they do not visit Earth, is a bit odd, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
he is old...his brain is all screwy at this point. I still respect the hell out of that guy for what he (supposedly) did..that being sit in a tin can and be flung towards the moon.

I think he may simply be tired of saying stuff he can not fully back up, so is simply saying...you know what...nevermind, I am tired of endless years talking about this..its all fake, we are alone, let me enjoy my retirement.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Buzz is still firmly entrenched in the government and NASA good old boy network, so I'd highly doubt he'd do anything but tow the company line on this...

That said, I really wish NASA would listen to some of his suggestions for future spaceflight, as his recommendations are both financially and scientifically sound, imho....

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
having listened to the playback, thanks estharik, it all sounds like a plausable denial exercise or a very nice spin job, the questions are quite carefully worded so that don't actually ask the question they seem to and the answers seem to skirt the issue, but you won't neccicerily notice it the first time you hear the interview.

what i mean is

"have ufo's landed on this planet, yes or no"
as far as i know, aldrin's encounters with UFO's didn't involve one landing on earth.

and his answer, "nnnno"

elongating the "n" in "no" commonly indicates the person is answering the strictest interpretation of a question.

he is then asked "do you believe in the concept of UFO's?",
the concept, as in an alien space craft?
"well if you want to read my wonderful science-fiction story, I might have to change my mind..it's a great story but it is not fact ... extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and aliens visiting earth would be extraordinary."
the "concept" clearly isn't a fact, even the most ardent believer in the concept of UFO's being alien spacecraft wouldn't call it a fact, so to say it isn't a fact or that it requires extraordinary proof to become a fact is really just fudging the issue.

PR influence?
it's an interesting interview, thanks OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How is anyone ever going to make a reasonable evaluation on all the information we gather when this is what we get all the time?!
One day this the other that, try figure out the posibilities and the posible reason for X to lie or speak the truth, once you make up your mind you have a theory..by then the man changes all the information and you are clueless once again...makes one krazy!! Like it is an easy task to research on the topic!

Oh.. please please we are ready, ET show you for all now or go back home and let us fu#¤ up the earth once and for all.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Until an alien lands on your door, why give it any credence? Don't you like to believe in things that are real? I mean, I'm not saying you can't believe or that you shouldn't, but why have an opinion until you absolutely know?

If aliens existed, they wouldn't need a government to disclose them nor would they need to disclose themselves. No government could hid this, nor defend from it.

I've seen UFO's. Many, but I have never once thought they were alien, because I have never seen an alien. Orange orbs yes (foofighters), aliens no.

Besides Extra Terrestrial does not mean from outer space. It means More of the land.

Aliens have always been cover for secret projects. Implausible denyability, works like a charm every time.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
reply to post by Tussilago

Yeah do a search on Buzz.. he's recently been saying alot of crazy things. Now, hes saying it's all just in good fun in the name of science fiction?? Alot of people were taking what he was saying literally because he was a former astronaut! Its really disappointing.

I understand he drinks as well. Probably to hard hiding the truth about the real disclosure...we can't leave this planet.

"She's gone from suck, to blow"....Spaceballs

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mr Aldrin seems to be quite inconsistent of late and I worry if this is because perhaps his health is failing him or if his inconsistency in the media is due to more nefarious and cynical reasons in that someone from the shady service has warned him off?

It is a bit of a blow but in my opinion much of what he said was like much of what anyone else has ever said on the subject of UFO’s and extraterrestrials. Because he is a former astronaut he was listened to with much more intent due to such impeccable credentials but I for one saw no evidence just personal disclosures and this is not meant as insult to the man as I have deep respect for his ilk.

Suddenly for all that he is a denier and that tells me that perhaps there might have been some truth to the things he said in the past. I must refresh my memory but one thing he did mention recently was the Monolith of Phobos.

"...the moon of Mars. There's a monolith there - a very unusual structure on this little potato-shaped object that goes around Mars once in seven hours. When people find out about that they're going to say, 'Who put that there?' 'Who put that there?' Well, the universe put it there. If you choose, God put it there..."

Source of quote

Whatever his reasons I will not dare to disrespect a man who has achieved so much and done things I could never dream of doing in three lifetimes. Have the things he has said been all for nothing and all figments of a very active imagination or things said in the context of a science fiction writer?

I do not want to think he might have been paid for his future silence - I would want definite proof of such a thing before I would damn such a man with even a suggestion of such actions.

Personally I think he either got tired of being seen as a weirdo astronaut with an active imagination and has thus decided to try and rectify the damage to his perceived reputation.

Or perhaps more concerning, his threat assessment has climbed and he has been told in no uncertain terms to shut up in a way that had him worried for his safety. Whatever his reasons I will not join those who might attack him for this because there could be many justifiable reasons for him taking this new stance.

Should he stay true to the facts and the things he may know or should he wind in his neck and think of the safety of his nearest and dearest?

Still this man is what I would class as my own definition of a true american as seen by one none american, a great man who did some incredible things so no hard feelings from me

[edit on 22-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Enjoy

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I understand he drinks as well. Probably to hard hiding the truth about the real disclosure...we can't leave this planet.

While I often enjoy your contributions, I feel I must point out that the above statement is incorrect. Like myself, Mr. Aldrin is a recovering alcoholic.

www.cleanandsobernotdead.com...

His "battle with the bottle" is openly shared in his book Magnificent Desolation: search.barnesandnoble.com... (A great read.)

I have much respect for the man and his accomplishments but still debating how I feel about this latest revelation. Just wanted to correct your error first in the spirit of denying ignorance.

Regards...kk

[edit on 22-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
he is old...his brain is all screwy at this point. I still respect the hell out of that guy for what he (supposedly) did..that being sit in a tin can and be flung towards the moon.

I think he may simply be tired of saying stuff he can not fully back up, so is simply saying...you know what...nevermind, I am tired of endless years talking about this..its all fake, we are alone, let me enjoy my retirement.

It's been suggested that all the Moon-walking astronauts had their memories erases/altered when they reurned and went into quarentine.

I agree with one of the previous posters, for him to be so absolute and adament all of a sudden sounds very well.........conditioned and/or brainwashed.

No ETs Buzz? Who made the monoliths you refer to??

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

While I often enjoy your contributions, I feel I must point out that the above statement is incorrect. Like myself, Mr. Aldrin is a recovering alcoholic.

www.cleanandsobernotdead.com...

His "battle with the bottle" is openly shared in his book Magnificent Desolation: search.barnesandnoble.com... (A great read.)

Ahh..yes..that type of info takes me back to the 80's.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Your Video clip #2 was discussed here some time ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He NEVER said Aliens built the monolith. If I seem like I am defending the man, OK.

My .02¢

[edit on 22-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join