It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Brits... Edgemedia TV - deserving of help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've recently come across Edgemedia TV, which is on UK Sky channel 200 (Controversial TV). It's a pipeline for all the alternative topics we deal with here on ATS, and, although a little bit low-budget, still manages to get some really great information out there. Alongside its own productions, it rebroadcasts Alex Jones and Democracy Now! among others.

You might not agree with everything on the channel, but it is the one vaguely mainstream output in the UK for this kind of information. And it's run on a shoestring by people who really aren't making any money.

So this is really an appeal, particularly in the UK, to try and raise the profile of something that I think is really worthwhile, whether I agree with any particular programme or not... (if you think about the breadth of issues ATS covers and to what extent you're sold on any given idea, you'll understand to what extent you'd agree with individual programmes in their output).

www.edgemediatv.com...

So, particularly among the UK ATSers, have you come across this? And what do you think? And if you haven't, go check it out...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I love watching Edge Media TV and glad you gave it a push here.

As you say, not all topics will be for everyone but they do cover a wide variety of topics and have some great guests. I happened to watch the other day and saw the guest was Robert Temple and he was being interviewed about his new book - Mysteries of the Sphinx (I think that's the book title). As I happen to be in the middle of reading his book about Sirius, I found the whole interview very interesting and will definitely be getting a copy of his new book too.

Just wanted to add that I think it's a great station too and recommend it as it covers many of the things discussed on ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
First of all let me applaud your efforts here. I was'nt even aware this channel existed on Sky. I'll definately be watching it from now on.

I might even start a blog on it or something try and get it noticed. I watch a lot of these programmes on justinTV mainly. A lot of those are low budget but that does'nt take away from the interesting subjects that they explore.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention and i'll see what i can do to help.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Dude I don't have sky this available anywhere online ?
thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yodagod, check the link I posted. You can get to all sorts of good stuff from it.

And to everyone else, thanks for the flags and stars, not for myself, but because EMTV is a good thing.

I've been looking at BBC5, and have reviewed some of its output on the EM forum:

www.edgemediatv.com...

And the presentation I've liked, so far, is on the UK Surveillance State and is here:

www.bbc5.tv...

So calling all Brits, calling all Brits... get the word out! This channel deserves our support...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just thought I'd give this a bit of a bump for the evening crowd - I've been watching "Trust Politics" on the BBC and have something to say about that... but in another thread.

Meanwhile, let's big up what we have of the alternative media, even on Evil Rupert's domain...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I considered doing some work for them, seeing they use to have a volunteer section. Never got around enquiring about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Good call Rich -I watch the channel on satellite and there have been some very interesting episodes of a programme called 'Richplanet' which deals with the UFO subject - this episode deals with an unknown object tracked on multiple radar over Cyprus and this one deals with UFOs as described in biblical scripture.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join