It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. meet God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The way I look at the Bible is not the way most people look at the Bible.

You have to take the story of God and everything that is said, in a symbolic way for it to make sense.

AKA God is everyone and everything in the universe, and it's written in a way to pertain to the human race. In order to advance our human species as a whole we must try not to anger our brother. Because anger turns to jealousy and jealousy turns to revenge and greed....and soon you have a society like we have today... A systematically separated race of different beliefs who are all slaves to our most persuasive brothers.

Take the stories about the Earth being created in 7 days and Moses parting the Red Sea with a grain of salt. You think anyone wants to read a book that is all morale and no tale? I don't think so...not even back in the old days. Anyone can create a story about how the Earth was created, but it takes true knowledge to make people see the right way to view things.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I really don't understand anyone having something against a book. That if nothing else is THE greatest piece of ancient literature we have. PERIOD.

I have been a Christian for 25-30 years. I was like you once.

I am not against the book. There are contradictions and logical inconsistencies in the Bible. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry but I hope you will see them soon.

You are on a journey as I have been and still am.

Do not assume that I am against the book. What I am against is the organized religions and the arrogance some people have who state that the Bible is the ONLY ONE and the BEST piece of literature.

Is that clear now? A.I. will come to the same conclusion or perhaps will break down.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow i dont even know were to begin with this. I mean seriously you thought this through or is it that YOUR belief in the bible is so strong that YOU find no contradiction in it. Seriously? The bible is full of them. People have been pointing them out for years. Also why do you just assume that an A.I would start at the bible and not a much older religious text? Perhaps it would even start with the Quran or Torah. I stopped reading about halfway through. Its so much nonsense.
You use prophecy as evidence yet nothing and i mean nothing in the bible viewed as prophetic can either be confirmed as FACT or even as currently happening as fact. Prophecy itself lends itself to be self fulfilling and is still a matter of your viewpoint and not scientific fact. USing an A.I. would be to use something that would weigh everything according to fact and not conjecture. Prophecy alone would be the first thing this A.I. would shoot down as crap because it cannot ever be proven except in the mind of the believer alone.
Then you use archeology as a science to prove biblical historicy. Complete crap. Any archeologist today will tell you that you dont wield a bible to try and prove facts about history. It doesnt even add up. Archeology has proven the existence of places and people that the bible mentions yet the bibles word for word accuracy of events is still debated. The bible does not offer a timeline of events that correspond to any known archeological evidence. I would say that before you start running off about absurd things you should truly read something outside of the religious pretext of your understanding. Your views are that of a man who lives in a box and is afraid to see anything that may really exist outside his world of religion. The sad thing is that once you do you will do as so many others have done. Question the validity of all you have been spoon fed by the organized religions of our world. I know i did.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

What the hell is wrong with you? You don't even know me or who I am.
I can tell you if you did, You'd laugh at yourself for saying I live in a box.
People like you and deaf or dumb Allen, think you know everything and by that, along with your inexperienced perceptions. Prove out of the gate you are only fools. I wish I didn't have to sound as though I'm name calling.
I'm really just calling em as I see em.

You have to be foolish to try and fit me in some religious stereotype.
Why even go into to the rest of what you think. This alone is quite enough. Unbelievable know it alls.
Niether one of your puny pathetic opinions
would make a pimple on a nats azz. Get over yourselves.

I have been a Christian for 25-30 years. I was like you once.
So what else have you washed out as?

Yeah I'll bet.
Then you saw the light.

I'm sorry but you don't have to listen to your own crap do you?
You have never been like me I know that.
Do you ever read your own posts. Spouting all this opinated B.S.
as if you have the inside info.
If you think you can belittle people for what they believe that makes you
a bigot. The both of you. Niether one of you know squat.
So I await your next attempt at superiority.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What the hell is wrong with you? You don't even know me or who I am.
I can tell you if you did, You'd laugh at yourself for saying I live in a box.
People like you and deaf or dumb Allen, think you know everything and by that, along with your inexperienced perceptions. Prove out of the gate you are only fools. I wish I didn't have to sound as though I'm name calling.
I'm really just calling em as I see em.

You have to be foolish to try and fit me in some religious stereotype.
Why even go into to the rest of what you think. This alone is quite enough. Unbelievable know it alls.
Niether one of your puny pathetic opinions
would make a pimple on a nats azz. Get over yourselves.

Yeah I'll bet.
Then you saw the light.

I'm sorry but you don't have to listen to your own crap do you?
You have never been like me I know that.
Do you ever read your own posts. Spouting all this opinated B.S.
as if you have the inside info.
If you think you can belittle people for what they believe that makes you
a bigot. The both of you. Niether one of you know squat.
So I await the your next attempt at superiority.

So sad. Glad I was able to escape that crap.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

What the hell ? You call that a post. If you have nothing to say
what are you doing? Showing how childish you are? I don't get the joke.
Maybe you just sit around laughing all day like an idiot.
On topic or don't bother.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You believe that my post shows immaturity? Have you read any of your own posts?

The reason why you don't get the joke is because it wasn't a joke. I don't sit around laughing all day. Matter of fact, when I read posts like yours, it makes want to cry. I remember when I was blinded like you believing that I had the truth in the biblical god and nothing could change that....or so I thought.

I still don't have the truth, so I continue to search. I see posts like yours and I see what I used to be, except I didn't use curse words. I believed that was wrong, so I may have been even worse off than you. Don't stop searching for truth, question everything.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

hydroman
Look at the quote
FOR GODS SAKE EINSTIEN! DO YOU SEE YOUR SCREEN NAME THERE ANYWHERE? Do you even know how to find your way around this web
site?
It's no wonder your a lost sheep. Just look at ya.
Then you just ignore the most important part of the last thing I said.
Can you identify that for me please. So I have some idea of what I'm dealing with here. Certainly hasn't been impressive so far. Here's a hint

OFF TOPIC POST

I bet you can even top your last post with your next one.

ATS What happened to the I.Q?

A whole page of nothing but B.S.

You are on a journey as I have been and still am

You know I'm really not. Sorry just no.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

hydroman
Look at the quote
FOR GODS SAKE EINSTIEN! DO YOU SEE YOUR SCREEN NAME THERE ANYWHERE? Do you even know how to find your way around this web
site?
It's no wonder your a lost sheep. Just look at ya.
Then you just ignore the most important part of the last thing I said.
Can you identify that for me please. So I have some idea of what I'm dealing with here. Certainly hasn't been impressive so far. Here's a hint

OFF TOPIC POST

I bet you can even top your last post with your next one.

ATS What happened to the I.Q?

A whole page of nothing but B.S.

That was my bad. I thought it was directed at me. Apparently I am not as good on the internets as I thought I was.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

That was my bad. I thought it was directed at me. Apparently I am not as good on the internets as I thought I was.

At least I have you seeing that much.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Quiet frankly if you do not know Christ now then you never knew him. He was just some guy that another guy told you about. Truth be told once you really know Christ, and truly understand what he did for us, nothing can make you stop believing. If you do not believe now you did not believe then. He is as real as the air I breathe.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It appears that your loss of self control when answering other posters to your topic is doing you no benefit.

Religion and Politics are firey topics. On a site like ATS you are going to get negative comment. As soon as you take it personally you lose the point of the original post and now the rants to and fro are showing all to be less pious that they make themselves out to be.

Just ignore the obvious negative postings regarding the religions and just respond to the countering points to the original concept.

This is why there is so much agro between differing religions.
If you believe in something, nothing someone else says will change that. If you have to defend your views in the first place to someone else, it is more likely that you are not fully secure in your own belief.

Accept that fact that everyone has the right to believe in what they wish, and whatever someone else says should not effect you in the slightest.

ON Topic:
I think an AI, would investigate all religious books, search the web for new definitions during its learning processes, It would concider the numerous versions of the New Testament, Concider the Tanach, and Concider the Koran. It would learn the acient semetic languages (aramaic etc)to read and analyise the oldest copies of the texts, compare whay is available from the dead sea scrolls. There he would correct things like 'The Sea of Reeds' instead of 'The Red Sea' due to translation errors from hebrew to latin to english and other discrepancies.

It quite possibly come to the conclusion that there is a god. It would probably call that god Allahu - After all, Jesus as a jew who spoke aramaic and the aramaic word fro God is Allahu.

Perhaps if people were not so insecure in their own religious beliefs, more would actually take the time to read other texts to gain more insight. They re all interesting. The Qur'an even has a whole chapter on Mary and one on Jesus.

BTW: I have read the New Testament, 2 Tanach, 2 Qur'an. but as yet, after 48years of no religion, have not yet made a conversion (parents baptised me an 'anglican' - that was what was on my dogtags.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Accept that fact that everyone has the right to believe in what they wish, and whatever someone else says should not effect you in the slightest.

Of course I absolutly agree with everything you say here. It's the off topic
stuff that gets me go'in. Thank you though as I do appreciate reminders.

I know in my heart the Bible is the word of God. The Quran, I just don't
get that same feeling. Let alone all the facts that go with the Bible. There really is nothing in the world like the Bible. If you just look at it as a piece of ancient literature, it is exquisite.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's Cool.

I think, if I have done the best I can with anything I do, and am happy with it, then thats it, and ppl can say whatever they like. I apply that to everything and it works. Beliefs, ideas, lifestyle. If its good enough for me... anyone else can voice there opinions or disapproval and all i have to remember is to only laugh at them from the inside (coz they can get peeved off if you end up laughing to their face ).

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join