It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. meet God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Yes she is disturbed right now because she is in fear. She has the fear of God in her. It is not a pleasant site to say the least. Jesus said he would turn Mother against daughter and daughter against Mother. It is obvious that the daughter took part in what she thinks of as the black arts. It is not acceptable to her, which IMHO is pretty true, and she is scared right now not only for her daughters soul, but she also knows that she can not be deterred from her quest to be saved. I hope that she does find her way and Jesus will tell her to rejoice because she is already saved. She should use his love to discuss the matter with her daughter and then pray for her. She will come to the understanding that even though we cannot save our friends, family, neighbors, anyone.....We can still love them.

Hey there he is.
what's up Conc.
Been a little while since I ran into you.
After reading your observation of the video, I went back and had another
look.
That is by far the best discription of what is going on there.
She looks so crazy, I barley paid attention the first time i watched it.

Man I got to start seeing instead of just looking.
By all intents and purposes she really is in fear of God. WoW.
Excellent my friend thank you for that.
Oh and you know your welcome to join in on any of the hack n chop.
Any time Conc.
Glad you like the analogy.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

Interesting topic. Quite thought provoking. I had a little different slant. I think two different conclusions might be reached (playing devil's advocate here, pun intended) by this AI.
1) That God was human, it's creator. It might take the person(s) that built and programed it as the creator.

It could not because of the truth in the Bible. It would recognize that God is also it's God. What you said would make children believe their parents where God for creating them. That my friend is what they call an assumption from speculation in the scientific community.

2) It might conclude that it's creator must also be an AI, much like himself, in his own image. Had these thoughts because if it were really capable of independent thought it would consider possibilities outside of the given parameters. Thanks for making me think!

Yes it would consider all parameters. But ultimately it would think God is the most viable answer.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why do you guys put your faith in a stupid book?

YES I am a believer. And NO I do NOT believe the Bible.

The Bible is a distorted little book wich DEFINITLY has contradictions.
Anyone who opposes this has the same limited mindset as the 'GOD Warrior' on page 1.

If you do believe the Bible is EXACTLY as it states it, and if you cannot accept the FACT that the Bible is flawed, you are a ignorant person who can not think for yourself. You need others to tell you what to believe and what to think.

Ofcourse what would God think of you if you'd reject his 'Teachings' (read book)?! That's right, if you reject his 'Word' (book) you end up in hell, so says the Church.

Take it for a spin.

You do NOT need the Bible to follow the Universal teachings of Love and Life.

THINK for yourself, don't let others influence you in your judgement. and you'll see we are much closer to God then you think.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by PureET]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Yes she is disturbed right now because she is in fear. She has the fear of God in her. It is not a pleasant site to say the least. Jesus said he would turn Mother against daughter and daughter against Mother. It is obvious that the daughter took part in what she thinks of as the black arts. It is not acceptable to her, which IMHO is pretty true, and she is scared right now not only for her daughters soul, but she also knows that she can not be deterred from her quest to be saved. I hope that she does find her way and Jesus will tell her to rejoice because she is already saved. She should use his love to discuss the matter with her daughter and then pray for her. She will come to the understanding that even though we cannot save our friends, family, neighbors, anyone.....We can still love them.

Hey there he is.
what's up Conc.
Been a little while since I ran into you.
After reading your observation of the video, I went back and had another
look.
That is by far the best discription of what is going on there.
She looks so crazy, I barley paid attention the first time i watched it.

Man I got to start seeing instead of just looking.
By all intents and purposes she really is in fear of God. WoW.
Excellent my friend thank you for that.
Oh and you know your welcome to join in on any of the hack n chop.
Any time Conc.
Glad you like the analogy.

Lol. Yeah I do a lot of looking to. Your welcome and it is a great scenario. It has got me thinking hardcore. Little intricate thoughts.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oh and for the Christians who honestly believe that 'their' religion is the only and true religion because their book says so;

You are much further away from the truth then you think.

THINK! Don't let others do it for you!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
your argument is wrong, why would it choses the bible, why not any other religion book? u live in your own box my friend

LOL

if AI was created it would read all the books, all information avaliable and it would conclude that there are more than 1 religion and these religion dont make any sense, since it would mean that there is no life in any other planet in this universe

thats the reality, the bible says god has our face, it doesnt make any sense

if this AI study how our universe works, it will conclude that bible is not a very good fiction, and it will try some other book

my signature

I don't know where you get your information, but hey if that is what you think run with it. At least you will not be lukewarm.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
Oh and for the Christians who honestly believe that 'their' religion is the only and true religion because their book says so;

You are much further away from the truth then you think.

THINK! Don't let others do it for you!

Show me one thing you disagree with Christ about.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
None

You did not read my posts very well did you?

I AM A BELIEVER IN GOD.

I AM A BELIEVER IN JEZUS.

I just don't buy the bible because it contradicts itself. Allot.

And please respond with a normal post next time.... im not disagreeing with Christ, you could read that in my posts.

Instead, im doing exactly what Jezus did. I let YOU know that you don't need the church, the book nor any other person to follow the teachings of GOD.

If you do believe you need the Bible to believe in Jezus and/or God, you are ignorant and you cannot think for yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
None

You did not read my posts very well did you?

I AM A BELIEVER IN GOD.

I AM A BELIEVER IN JEZUS.

I just don't buy the bible because it contradicts itself. Allot.

And please respond with a normal post next time.... im not disagreeing with Christ, you could read that in my posts.

Instead, im doing exactly what Jezus did. I let YOU know that you don't need the church, the book nor any other person to follow the teachings of GOD.

If you do believe you need the Bible to believe in Jezus and/or God, you are ignorant and you cannot think for yourself.

Now how did you find out about Jesus if you did not read the book that brought you to him?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A better way to go about it would be to program the A.I to inspect the fundamental physics, building blocks of life, known universe (from data here on earth obviously) and see whether it believes it all happened by chance out of nothing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
A better way to go about it would be to program the A.I to inspect the fundamental physics, building blocks of life, known universe (from data here on earth obviously) and see whether it believes it all happened by chance out of nothing.

That is a good point.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey Randyvs.

That signature of yours is awesome...(Thinking to self)....now I have to think of one.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Who said i did not read the bible? Get your facts together stimpy.

I went to a Christian school when I was younger. I was atheist back then, but now I am a believer.

Got any more bright questions? Do not try to defend your religion, essentially we are on the same side... (atleast how i view it.)

You on the other hand, may think i am a threat to your 'truth'.

Well, good luck with your truth then ;-) I don't need a book to tell me Life is precious and Love is eternal..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

I AM A BELIEVER IN GOD.

No you're not. I don't really Know any other way to say it. Just you're not.
You can say you know there is a God. See if You follow what the A.I. did,
the first thing he looked for was a communication from this Supreme being.Whom he was programmed to find evidence of.
Which is the first thing you should look for since you ackknowledge.
You see.
You just fell face first into what is going on in this thread. The logical order of things upon realising their is a God, should be,"Well is there a letter a note or something he left for me to know I'm right?
Yes there is It's the Bible.
Scoffing at the only possible communication we have from him surely dosn't make you a believer.

You arn't a threat to anybody either guy. Get off the gas.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Haha, you made a funny joke!

So... You are telling me I don't believe in God, because I reject the Bible?

So you assume that the AI will see this book as the Word of God, because MAN, and the book itself says so?

That would be like telling a Judge, Honestly I did not do it! I KNOW SO!

Go fool somebody else please.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Who said i did not read the bible? Get your facts together stimpy.

lol. stimpy? I am not sure what that is, but it sounds funny. lol

I went to a Christian school when I was younger. I was atheist back then, but now I am a believer.

By chance did they teach you any of the book you hate?

Got any more bright questions? Do not try to defend your religion, essentially we are on the same side... (atleast how i view it.)

Yeah I do. How can you think the bible is stupid if it is what has ultimately brought you to God?

You on the other hand, may think i am a threat to your 'truth'.

Sorry. No such thought. There is no threat anywhere.

Well, good luck with your truth then ;-) I don't need a book to tell me Life is precious and Love is eternal..

No but you did need a book to show who the Christ was. You needed it to know he walked among us. As did the one's who taught you of him.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Damn it ATS should be some way of knowing if I'm dealing with a juvinile.
Age restrictions prolly wouldn't suck either.

Agreed it's a good point. Definetly would be a great addition to the script.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

lol. Where did you go. Answer my questions. Now I know that Randyvs is scary but don't run.

I think you scared him off Randy. Now who am I going to debate with.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How about something like a skype ATS?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Okay Randy I will debate you.

Are you worthy of heaven?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join