It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. meet God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I like your idea here, it would be intersting...
Could the A.I. then be said to have Faith?
I comend yours!

There you go, definetly one of the illustrations you can see in this, is that
even pure logic would conclude that faith in God makes the most sense.
So A.I. would most likely become a believer. Possibly it may decide to take the next logical step on it's own. Beginning it's own seach for the
Supreme being. God.

Zeus
Hey thank you for your positive response. I appreciate it.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Interesting topic. Quite thought provoking. I had a little different slant.
I think two different conclusions might be reached (playing devil's advocate here, pun intended) by this AI.
1) That God was human, it's creator. It might take the person(s) that built and programed it as the creator.
2) It might conclude that it's creator must also be an AI, much like himself, in his own image.
Had these thoughts because if it were really capable of independent thought it would consider possibilities outside of the given parameters.
Thanks for making me think!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
your argument is wrong, why would it choses the bible, why not any other religion book? u live in your own box my friend

LOL

if AI was created it would read all the books, all information avaliable and it would conclude that there are more than 1 religion and these religion dont make any sense, since it would mean that there is no life in any other planet in this universe

thats the reality, the bible says god has our face, it doesnt make any sense

if this AI study how our universe works, it will conclude that bible is not a very good fiction, and it will try some other book

my signature

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

your argument is wrong,

Argument?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't understand how an artificial intelligence could be programmed to find proof of a supreme being or why the Bible would help it for that matter. The only thing the AI could really do is search for extreme coincidences and miraculous claims and calculate the probability in order to come up with any sort of conclusion for proof of a creator. It can get nothing from the Bible unless it is able to decipher some kind of hidden code. How are you reasoning that it would come to accept the Bible as the word of God unless it had been programmed to believe this?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

How are you reasoning that it would come to accept the Bible as the word of God unless it had been programmed to believe this?

I kind a thought the word intelligence might have something to do with it.
You know capable of logic and reason, accountability.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
people this isent about if ai would belive in god or not this is about this guy gloryfing him self wich has nothing to do with the bible or god .
its a just look how great i am because i think this the only way you can be graet is if you think the way I (notice the I ) do and if you dont think the way again I I I I I I do your domed to a fire end.
the bible isent about any god its about ppl who said belive as IIIIIIIIII or dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
anyone get it yet . god destroyed this city god destroyed that city god destroyed all the none belivers (((( humm kind sounds like another relgion that kills all who dont belive .
and when god was busse he had ppl kill the none belivers for him.
walls of jerico ring any bells.
so all you none belivers if you dont belive as IIIIIIIIII you will surly dieeeeeeeeeee
hummm aregence pride slef glorifiation humm if there is a hell i can point out the most likely ppl youl find there there the accutal bible bashers not us.
look every one how great this guy is all bow down to the one who knows all

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

people this isent about if ai would belive in god or not this is about this guy gloryfing him self wich has nothing to do with the bible or god .
its a just look how great i am because i think this the only way you can be graet is if you think the way I (notice the I ) do and if you dont think the way again I I I I I I do your domed to a fire end.
the bible isent about any god its about ppl who said belive as IIIIIIIIII or dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
anyone get it yet . god destroyed this city god destroyed that city god destroyed all the none belivers (((( humm kind sounds like another relgion that kills all who dont belive .
and when god was busse he had ppl kill the none belivers for him.
walls of jerico ring any bells.
so all you none belivers if you dont belive as IIIIIIIIII you will surly dieeeeeeeeeee
hummm aregence pride slef glorifiation humm if there is a hell i can point out the most likely ppl youl find there there the accutal bible bashers not us.
look every one how great this guy is all bow down to the one who knows all

You got it! You nailed it stud. Perfect! Finally somebody figures it all out.
I didn't even have to give him hint.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

why the Bible would help it for that matter.

The only thing I can say to that is, if you don't understand it's becaose you never chose to.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

After Cain killed his brother he was banished to another land and it says he KNEW his wife, so yes it could've easily been family from down the line after he was exiled - the bible doesn't really give much insight into it. Incest back then wasn't really incest because that law didn't come till a good while after Noah. The commandment you must be thinking of is don't commit adultery my friend.

reply to post by TheLaughingGod

C'mon now man, really? So you are going to base your entire viewpoint of a religion based on one woman who went nutty? Don't cut down the apple tree just because theres a few bad apples.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Huge flaw to your argument here is that man will never program AI... rather it will come about via the principles of Artificial Emergence....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Huge flaw to your argument here is that man will never program AI... rather it will come about via the principles of Artificial Emergence....

There's a couple of huge flaws in your reply as well. 1.This is not an arguement. At least not until this immediate moment.2. You arn't the
dictator of this hypothetical incarnation. I am.

phff
Artificial emergence, try not to put so much on it.
Seems to be a consistant LOPsided awareness going on with this thread.

Slapbasisi

C'mon now man, really? So you are going to base your entire viewpoint of a religion based on one woman who went nutty? Don't cut down the apple tree just because theres a few bad apples

Funny that you seem so surprised by this. I know it shouldn't be funny and
only in this world would it ever be. Like little kids in an antique shop.
You have to be right on top of 'em. The second you grab something away from them before they break it, their grabbing up something else.

"What's this Daddy? Does it fly Daddy? Does it fly?"

[edit on 23-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Man she is really hard to look at even in a video. I wouldn't be around somebody like that very long that's for sure. The mentally disturbed
come from all walks. I hope your point isn't that Jesus did that cause
she's just scary.. Sad really. Her relatives trying to cope.

Yes she is disturbed right now because she is in fear. She has the fear of God in her. It is not a pleasant site to say the least. Jesus said he would turn Mother against daughter and daughter against Mother. It is obvious that the daughter took part in what she thinks of as the black arts. It is not acceptable to her, which IMHO is pretty true, and she is scared right now not only for her daughters soul, but she also knows that she can not be deterred from her quest to be saved. I hope that she does find her way and Jesus will tell her to rejoice because she is already saved. She should use his love to discuss the matter with her daughter and then pray for her. She will come to the understanding that even though we cannot save our friends, family, neighbors, anyone.....We can still love them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Oh by the way great scenario. I really enjoyed it a lot. I can see that this thread brought in some atheists that want to derail the thread. lol. Great responses also. I think I will try some response's using humor as some it seems like to do, if you don't mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Pretty sure the AI would read the good book, see it's not really that good and get on with something more productive - all within a nanosecond.

Now it's contemplating existence and/or origins might be something that I'd like to read.

-m0r

Pretty sure AI would look at the values of Christ's teachings above all for he is a provable figure in history and come to the conclusion that it is very good, because he would know the difference between right and wrong - all within a nanosecond.

Now it's discovery of the Truth is something that I would be interested in observing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

He was saying the robot probably wouldn't think the book is good, the robot would probably explode with all the contradictions.

That's not what he said. Nothing about contradictions was written down. Now for you to conclude that is what he was saying would make you a jumper to conclusions without observing any type research what so ever. Could you point out any contradiction in the bible?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Anyhow, Now I'm confused..

I agree 100%.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yet this is exactly what occurs in the Gospels. You have four different accounts of one event and each one describes it in different ways. Not only that, but there are slight contradictions between the Gospels. Such as when Jesus was brought before Caiaphas and the other Jewish elders. Each Gospel describes this event in very different ways.

Yes. No two people tell the truth in the exact same way. Your looking for a yes and no answers. The answer is yes. Now you want proof. Read the bible for yourself. If you have a sibling ask them to write their version of something that both of you remember about as children. You do the same. It will not come close to the similarities that the Gospels share.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

If that was all its capable of, its not "Intelligence", its just artificial! You could program a computer to read the bible and make a conclusion given a pre programed database of religious ideas from which to work. And I wouldnt put that much trust in Microsoft LOL

Wow. That would mean we are artificial intelligence then.
You see pre-programmed is everything that we do. lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Thought I'd chime in here before the bible bashers shout this thread into pages of irrelevent arguments.

I like your idea here, it would be intersting...
Could the A.I. then be said to have Faith?
I comend yours!

Wow. Now that is a great question. I think it would be aware that if it did not have faith then it would not enter the kingdom of God. Would it become a soul?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join