It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you are FORCED to buy health insurance, what will you eliminate to afford it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Let's see, what can the people cut back on in order to afford this mandate to pay private insurance companies?

Cable tv, cigarettes, alcohol, eating out, ordering in, vacations, etc...

There are plenty of places where budget cuts can be made. Of course, the effected industries will have to lay people off, but thems is the breaks in a quasi-capitalist society.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by mkross1983

Well, please tell me what part of the constitution was broken. If it was...and that's a far stretch...then you have nothing to worry about, as the SCOTUS will take care of any unconstitutionality.

My poll, well It's CNN.com, not MSNBC.

Have you ever read the constitution???

You do NOT have a right to Healthcare.

I don't see medicare/medicaid in there either.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great post! This is the elephant in the room that no one in government talks about. Let me elaborate:

I own a small business. I employ 8 people. Most of those people are paid on commission. I would love to provide them with health insurance, but at this time it is just impossible for me to do that AND stay barely profitable as I am now. Can you guess what I would have to do if I am forced to provide them with healthcare? Well, if I want to stay competitive in my local market, I can't raise prices any higher than they already are. SO... it comes out of my employees' paychecks. Their commision percentage will have to be reduced. Then they have less money to spend on silly things like car payments, mortgages, groceries, everything. If I have to do that, maybe they'll get pissed off and quit, and then I won't be able to provide for my customers and it may force me out of business. Add 8 to the unemployment rolls at that point. Are you getting my point?

So, kids, when they say that this healthcare bill has a cost of $X, know that it is a LIE. The cost will be much much greater for everyone. It is simply another way to reduce the spending power of Americans and rob us blind yet again.

Enough of this already. Less talking and more acting. Simply voting incumbents out will not suffice. We need to go further. We must eliminate the FED and get off the fractional reserve system. We must eliminate the IRS and any other alphabet agencies that have enforcement divisions. They are skirting the constitution. We must stop allowing ourselves to be ruled by force and revert this government back to a Republic it once was.

[edit for poor typing skillz on 22-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by AwakeinNM... more typos GAH!]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I already pay for insurance whatever part isn't subsidized by my employer. I think that most Americans are in the same situation.

How much is the bill that Obama personally sent you? Cause I haven't received one.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by mkross1983

Well, please tell me what part of the constitution was broken. If it was...and that's a far stretch...then you have nothing to worry about, as the SCOTUS will take care of any unconstitutionality.

My poll, well It's CNN.com, not MSNBC.

Have you ever read the constitution???

You do NOT have a right to Healthcare.

I don't see medicare/medicaid in there either.

I didn't vote for that # either.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by mkross1983]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So you think forcing people to pay for someone's services improves the constitution? lol wow. This country is soooo friggin' screwed beyond measure. Good god. I can't believe we've lasted as a country for as long as we have.

We are forced to pay for the following things already:
Roads
Military
Schools
Churches
Tolls
Car insurance (if you have one)
Our own income
A percentage of our houses, property, etc.
Police
Pet control
Community works
Emissions control
Licensing
Copyrighting
Sewage
Water treatment
Post Offices

I could go on for a year, but I'll save you the nonsense.. Out of all those things, I'm pretty sure MY OWN HEALTH should be among the top of the list.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I already pay for insurance whatever part isn't subsidized by my employer. I think that most Americans are in the same situation.

How much is the bill that Obama personally sent you? Cause I haven't received one.

-rrr

The bill Obama personally sent you? So naive.

You need to watch this and get up to speed. This is just one of many sources of this information:

www.project.nsearch.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Yes the Eutopia..

The constitution does not need to be adjusted.. Period..

this bill represents the taking away of freedoms due to some form of corruption laid in a health care system that was not forseen nor adjusted for a very long time I suppose.

is the system broken sure.. Yet explain to me how the citizens of America can fix it by being FORCED into Health insurence by law.

10 percent of Americans or MORE do not have a job...

Yet we have our government thinking this is the most important thing for the people of America right now, forced health insurance.

10 percent of Americans or MORE do not have a job...
Yet we have our government thinking this is the most important thing for the people of America right now, forced health insurance.

over the past 10 years I have seen a election fiascal, a war handled horrible, a finacial crisis, a terrorist attack, a massive corperate bail out, a destruction of the middle class, just to name a few and all of these things all of these things were handled by whom.. Who was warned of these things? Who is respondsible? Now I want them to be respondsible for my life..

The government can't handle the respondsibility of the last 10 years I don't want them respondsible for my life..

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I think you were just shafted.

I also fail to see how forcing people to pay for something they can't afford will help them afford it.

TY for putting this simple and to the point, we have been shafted, this isn't free.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Your right, it should be. But, a little late now isn`t it? That should have been at the top of the list many many years ago. All of those things you have on that list, is now along with other things, bankrupting this country. Our national debt is unpayable now, so by adding this health care program will do nothing but speed up the bankrupting of this country.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah!! Forget the government, let's just keep the corporations in charge of our health instead and deny customers because of previous conditions.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

So you think forcing people to pay for someone's services improves the constitution? lol wow. This country is soooo friggin' screwed beyond measure. Good god. I can't believe we've lasted as a country for as long as we have.

We are forced to pay for the following things already:
Roads
Military
Schools
Churches
Tolls
Car insurance (if you have one)
Our own income
A percentage of our houses, property, etc.
Police
Pet control
Community works
Emissions control
Licensing
Copyrighting
Sewage
Water treatment
Post Offices

I could go on for a year, but I'll save you the nonsense.. Out of all those things, I'm pretty sure MY OWN HEALTH should be among the top of the list.

I'm pretty sure those are all part of the problem.

I'm pretty sure that though I would like for you and everyone else to be healthy my rights come before your health does.

I'm pretty sure that America was founded due to all the things we are forced to do today being forced upon us.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who is ok with more stuff being forced on us has a lot to think about.

There will be a point in time where the people have had enough and tell the government in no uncertain terms, listen to the people, or perish.

Make sure you know which side you want to be on before that time comes.

That is not a threat. That is a sincere wish for you to realize that supporting such measures does not benefit you (even though you think it does) and hurts others.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by mkross1983]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Yeah!! Forget the government, let's just keep the corporations in charge of our health instead and deny customers because of previous conditions.

Yeah forget the Constitution. It's just a "god damned piece of paper" any how right?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Well since we barely follow one tenant of the constitution as it stands, I'm thinking someone in the course of history has disagreed with it not having to be changed.

I'm wondering if some of you people simply don't want any form of health insurance period. That makes you a little weird in my book. Honestly, if you're offered decent insurance and don't take it, you shouldn't be allowed to step foot in a hospital for the rest of your life. Its simply irresponsible and and borderline moronic. The people who don't want insurance are just like the scum that drive without insurance. The responsible people end up paying for your silly butt.

And you all hang on singular notions of the bill. Believe me, this will open doors and drop prices because eventually there WILL be a public option to calm the storm. I would love to have state or federally regulated insurance.. I bet my premiums would bottom out nicely eventually down the road.

But I guess you guys like actuaries sitting in a cubicle somewhere deciding that your health isn't worth insuring because you took anti-acids once in your life. Believe me, cause a company did that to me.

We are worthless to them, and free market and profits don't belong in the health care system.

Doctors making a few mil a year to do surgeries? I'm all for it... Hospital CEO's and Insurance CEO's making 50 million a year to sit at a $5000 dollar desk all day? No, that's not something that belongs in this world.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You'd think "the shaft" would hurt more. This feels kinda good.

You must be among the Robin Leech set of Rich and Famous upper 1% that is going to have to bear a part of the burden for this health care bill.
Why aren't you out in your private jet on your private island?

Since you are here tooling around on the computer I am guessing you don't fall into this upper 1%. You will not pay a penny for this health care bill and no offense to your genetic pool, but neither will your grandkids.

Since most of these millionaires made their bundles of money from unsuspecting Americans duped into buying their useless products - it is sweet irony and karmic fitting.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Why can't States take up health care reform. I don't think this should be a federal issue. I always though that part of the beauty of the U.S.A. is that different states have different laws. If you want socialized health care, move to a state that provides it. If you want to live in a liberal state, go to a liberal state. If you want to live in a conservative state, go live in one.

We need a smaller and less influential federal government now.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I would agree with the law.. Ahem Santa claus if it were not a LAW, if I got to choose.. Instead we are not. Which theirfore tells me I am forced which does not make me feel very free for just being alive knowing each month I have to PAY for HEALTH insurence or get fined get my driver's license taken from me or going to jail or whatever.. Since well driving is not a right..

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
reply to post by Bicent76

Well since we barely follow one tenant of the constitution as it stands, I'm thinking someone in the course of history has disagreed with it not having to be changed.

I'm wondering if some of you people simply don't want any form of health insurance period. That makes you a little weird in my book. Honestly, if you're offered decent insurance and don't take it, you shouldn't be allowed to step foot in a hospital for the rest of your life. Its simply irresponsible and and borderline moronic. The people who don't want insurance are just like the scum that drive without insurance. The responsible people end up paying for your silly butt.

And you all hang on singular notions of the bill. Believe me, this will open doors and drop prices because eventually there WILL be a public option to calm the storm. I would love to have state or federally regulated insurance.. I bet my premiums would bottom out nicely eventually down the road.

But I guess you guys like actuaries sitting in a cubicle somewhere deciding that your health isn't worth insuring because you took anti-acids once in your life. Believe me, cause a company did that to me.

We are worthless to them, and free market and profits don't belong in the health care system.

Doctors making a few mil a year to do surgeries? I'm all for it... Hospital CEO's and Insurance CEO's making 50 million a year to sit at a $5000 dollar desk all day? No, that's not something that belongs in this world.

Small Businesses going bankrupt or laying off workers is not good.

Increased taxes is not good.

The government telling you that you have to do something or face imprisonment is not good.

You want this no matter what so congratulations to you, enjoy it while it lasts. I guarantee you it will not be around long.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Like a lot of people have said, I too barely make it now. Its seems that O.J. taught us all a huge lesson that you are basically untouchable if you have lots of money and a dream team of lawyers to protect you. You're only other choice is to live at or below poverty level so you cannot be taxed but still receive this new medical program without an extra tax burden. I'm gearing up to earn money in the only truly free market left, the black market. You don't need to deal in anything illegal, just something that doesn't get reported. Bartering is hard to track too. Time to go underground and off the IRS radar. Might want to change my name to "Too Poor Topay" so I can sign all my documents like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If you don’t want it don’t buy it and show some conviction of purpose and argue your beliefs in court if need be.

Believe it or not the government will stop doing this stupid stuff just as soon as we stop submitting to doing stupid things for them.
The sad thing is people will cave, I have spent to many years watching people do nothing.

Sounds like you need to turn the page and ask yourself if you are watching people do nothing what kind of something is that?

Part of the whole problem here is that people worry far to much about other people. Half the proponents of health care are actually worried about the cost to them personally of someone else getting sick!

They actually think its 'not fair' that they should pay and other people aren't.

Same thing with the taxation system, everyone is so worried about everyone else to the extent they defeat themselves in appointing themselve's their brother's keeper when they in fact can't even keep good track and control of themselves.

I don't worry about what other people do, I worry about what I do.

I don't form my perspectives based on what other people think about them, I base them on what I think about them.

March to the beat of your own drum, be a leader and not a follower.

Do what's right for you and the fact that its not right for someone else or someone else doesn't even believe it's right for you, won't make it not right for you!

Sieze the moments don't lament that others fail too!

[edit on 22/3/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join