It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you are FORCED to buy health insurance, what will you eliminate to afford it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just sent this email to the Governor of Texas. I wonder if I will be on a watch list now???

Governor Perry,

I would like to express my displeasure with DC voting to erode our personal rights despite public opinion by forcing socialized health care on the United States of America.

This will, without a doubt, raise personal and business taxes universally during a time when Americans, citizens and businesses alike, can barely afford their monthly rent/mortgage.

On this day in 1775, England imposed "the Stamp Act Of 1775" on the American colonies. The entire planet knows the end result.

I can not help but wonder what great idea DC has in store for America next?

I urge you to pass a bill negating socialized health care taxes on all legal citizens of the State Of Texas.

This suggested bill may or may not have legal standing however, I fear that some brave states like Texas may have to take matters into their own hands if DC continues to pass laws against the will of America.

I pray you never have to give the order to recall our Texas National Guard so they might defend our Texas borders. Not the one to the south; but the ones to the north, east, and west.

Although premature, I encourage you to consider all options in the event the US Supreme Court disagrees with the state's right to opt out of the socialized health plan.

In that event, I would still encourage and support your allowing Texas citizens to opt out.

If America is to become a socialized country, I do not wish to be a citizien of any socilized state.

As of today, I am a Texan before I am an American and I trust you will encourage Austin to make the right decision in the best interest of Texas.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
You have to pay rent/mortgage and utilities. Can't stop that.
You have to pay for transportation and food. Can't stop that.

Now that you are FORCED to buy health insurance, how will you afford it?

It looks like credit cards won't be paid. Instant default.
It looks like entertainment budget will be cut. Sorry Hollywood.
It looks like eating out will be cut. Sorry local restaurant owners.
It looks like any discretionary spending will be cut. Sorry small stores and giant corporations.
It looks like savings and investment will be cut. Sorry for you if you are trying to build a nest egg.

It looks like B. Hussein O. has really stepped in it now.

The Government will be eliminated. Let's do it. It's been a long time coming. Let's name a date and place and remind these people that they work for us, we don't belong to them.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Buy the way...you wont be forced to buy insurance..but you will be forced to subsidize others by way of fines.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

It might cost something but it's right.

If you have the world's biggest economy you can't have people without health-care...

I am an Aussie and am recovering from follow up surgery right now.
I have had emergency surgery two years ago and repairs last week...
...and there were no direct costs to me...
...all paid by my taxes paid over thirty years of work.

Health care should be available on the basis of needs not whether you can pay.

...America turned a moral corner today and I am proud of you.

You are ill informed. You have no idea what really is in this bill. Do you understand that the majority of Americans said NO to this and the government did it anyway. Do you know what classification that type of a system is? I will give you a hint. It's not a Democracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Again people, you hang on this crap without understanding any of the aspects of not having a health care plan.

Hospitals are REQUIRED to treat you whether you are insured or not. If you can't afford it, the bill is getting paid by the state or federal dollars anyway. Bastardized socialized medicine is already being used extremely ineffectively. This bill makes you get insurance so that not everyone else has to pay for your stupid a** when you get into a horrible accident.

What is wrong with some of you people? Do you understand that we already have horrible socialized care? This bill improves it by taxing you a little bit so not all of us pay ALOT in the end.

I am literally shocked at how ignorant and immature this discussion has become. Pay the friggin bill, and you get to stay healthy.

I'd kill for a decent plan right now, as I'm paying out of pocket for everything and its driving me mad. But guess who would pay if I couldn't? YOU!!!

I'd kill to keep my freedoms. This is America. Not everyone give me money that you worked for so I can have something. You need to wake up to what this bill really contains. National ID's, IRS Agents taking money from your bank account, fines, and imprisonment. Health Care for illegal aliens. Seriously, wake tf up.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
OP, look on the bright side...you still have 4 years to prioritize your expenditures before you are "forced" to buy insurance.

Let's all pray that you don't fall gravely ill before you have to buy into this evil scheme of the shared risk pool

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

No. You pay now. You pay for four years before the benefits kick in. Pay 10 years for six years of coverage. People need to pay attention to what is going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Hospitals are REQUIRED to treat you whether you are insured or not.

Really says who? Tell that to Cape Canaveral Hospital who TURNED me away because I had no insurance. I was having a huge allergic reaction to a dog where my face was swollen and I was having trouble breathing. Yeah they really helped me. As soon as they took my blood pressure and temperature they asked for my insurance and I told them I didnt have any and they said they couldnt see me UNLESS I paid a fee of 300 dollars UP FRONT.

Must be nice to be you and have insurance. I myself cant afford private insurance it's too expensive! I am a single female with no kids and I never qualify for anything and I sure as hell am not popping out a kid just so I can get assistance with health care. This new bill is ridiculous. You cant FORCE people to get something when they are already strapped for cash. People are out of work and losing their homes. If they cant pay for their homes how the heck do you expect them to pay for insurance?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Genfinity

If I quit cigarettes chips and soda I can buy health insurance for a few people. It doesn't start until another four years anyway so there is plenty of time to plan.

At least when you spend the money required in four years you are going to get something for it.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

You are wrong. You pay immediately.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
No. You pay now. You pay for four years before the benefits kick in. Pay 10 years for six years of coverage. People need to pay attention to what is going on.

Now? Funny thing...I just checked my bank account...all my money is still there...my pocket book doesn't feel any lighter either.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And up next is the enemy belligerant bill that will put everyone on ATS in prison for badmouthing the government. Welcome to the new dictatorship, soon we will be killed if we don't vote on what our leaders want us to vote on.

-Viva la revolution

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Alethea

Good one!

This is the sneakiest cold war attack on America yet.
The stinking ignorant deviant Radical Left has been used as patsies to pull off the most dangerous move so far.
The low IQ dolts have such fantasies about a perfect world they forget to notice the Lion breathing down their necks.
The Zionists have really outsmarted the dumb average American this time.
The insurance companies (no doubt led by Zionist CEOs and bankers) will measure the amount of care they doll out carefully so as to hurry you into the grave.
It is sick.
It has the signature of a much larger holocaust written all over it.
It requires a serious counter-attack by the Republic.
I believe we are all in for quite a treat.

Ahh, ok...so a entire political spectrum is ignorant and with a low IQ
The Jews are behind this, and now a holocast = health insurance.

interesting perspective.

I wonder...if someone drinks your last beer, does that make it an apocolyptic event by serial killer mutantmen? Just trying to gauge the mindset here.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Now? Funny thing...I just checked my bank account...all my money is still there...my pocket book doesn't feel any lighter either.

Yeah, why don't you go read the bill huh? If you don't have insurance you will not get your tax refund. If that doesn't cover it or you owe them you get another charge of $2500 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. This bill creates 17k new IRS agents to enforce this. If you do not pay the fine you will go to PRISON. Does that sound like Freedom to you or are you happy with being forced to pay for illegal alien's healthcare, abortions, a national health care id, etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yeah, why don't you go read the bill huh? If you don't have insurance you will not get your tax refund. If that doesn't cover it or you owe them you get another charge of $2500 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. This bill creates 17k new IRS agents to enforce this. If you do not pay the fine you will go to PRISON. Does that sound like Freedom to you or are you happy with being forced to pay for illegal alien's healthcare, abortions, a national health care id, etc.

Fine by me. I have insurance...this simply places the cost back on the "freeloaders" that circumnavigate the system by going to the "free" clinic...and by free, I mean on the tax payer's dime.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well I am no expert in politics or healthcare, but since everyone will have to pay for health care the health insurance companies will all go down the toilet?

We won't be paying the health insurance companies for healthcare, but the government... We will probably be paying more for healthcare though than insurance because of the lazy pieces of garbage who leach off the system.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Fine by me. I have insurance...this simply places the cost back on the "freeloaders" that circumnavigate the system by going to the "free" clinic...and by free, I mean on the tax payer's dime.

So, just so I understand. You are ok with the government going against the majority of Americans who did not want this to pass but they passed it anyway. So you are ok with America being a dictatorship now?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

It might cost something but it's right.

If you have the world's biggest economy you can't have people without health-care...

I am an Aussie and am recovering from follow up surgery right now.
I have had emergency surgery two years ago and repairs last week...
...and there were no direct costs to me...
...all paid by my taxes paid over thirty years of work.

Health care should be available on the basis of needs not whether you can pay.

...America turned a moral corner today and I am proud of you.

So, how much do you pay in insurance costs for your Aussie health care? 300/month? 500/month?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. There is no such thing as a free lunch. We will all pay dearly for this fiasco. The government will never run anything efficiently.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How do you justify adding this to an already unpayable national debt? Do we need some kind of health care reform? Sure we do, but the real question is, how can you add this to a national debt that is unpayable, and will never be paid back? Our system is falling apart before our very eyes, yet, we still want to keep adding to it like it isn`t really there.

I pray our future generations will forgive us for this garbage we want to hand them. Not just one thing, but all of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am breaking my silence..

I tried to make an oath from posting here anymore due to some of the nastiness from other posters.. Well I am just going to be more reserved I suppose and make an effort to try not to post during happy hour in my house hold. Its hard enough to be happy, harder when your called names when on a message board on cyberspace but ya know what it will never change it is nature..

So with that said...

I do not think America, the people of america has any idea what the implications of this bill will present on the short term and long term of our civil liberty..

I think they have no idea, nor do they care, and i think just maybe now we have turned the corner and running to the cliff..

I find it appauling that the masses do not understand nor have the brainpower to relize this actually takes FREEDOM, from you..

It takes freedom, from you in America, it is not a reflection of our constitution NOR is it constitutional...

Yet no matter how loud I write, or how ignorant I sound, people just don't care. If I do not want health insurence I should be aloud not to have it. Period.. I mean period..

So basically we are getting taxed to live now..

Did you hear me? If this becomes law you are taxed to live.

Nevermind..

I think I am living in a age I do not belong..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So, just so I understand. You are ok with the government going against the majority of Americans who did not want this to pass but they passed it anyway. So you are ok with America being a dictatorship now?

I think "majority" is a bad term...depends on what your source is.

Dictatorship? Oh please....

Nonetheless, sometimes we must forego what is popular in order to do what is right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join