It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they got their healthcare, what's next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They finally pushed through their B.S. healthcare bill which has more to do with taking over industries than helping the American people.........

So now the question is... which industry is next?

I'm afraid it's the Internet, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think their next major agenda will be banking and financial reform.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hard to tell what is next.

But I would expect a blitz in the next few months considering elections are getting closer.

Come November, Congress won't have the same makeup and the Dems won't be able to pass legislation as easily as they can now.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Agreed it is hard to tell:

I am going to steal South Park's idea on how Government works. Place the list below upon a large round bowl shaped area. Cut a chicken's head off and where ever it lands is what they will deal with next....

Immigration
Banks
Financial Firms
Housing Sector
Energy Sector
Back to the Automobile Industry
More Health Care Related Bills
"Jobs" -whatever that catchall entails.
National IDs
Internet Regulation
Domestic Terrorism related bills

I think that about covers it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

did you write to your representatives expressing your dislike for the bill? if you did then right on, you did your part. but if you didn't then you're just as guilty as the people that pushed it through. i wanna make it clear also that i'm not looking for a big scene here, i genuinely want to know, what about it do you think will be so bad? sources would be appreciated but i understand if they're hard to come by considering most of the info going around about the bill is hearsay anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Health care won't pass. The house is all democrats. There are a lot more republicans in the white house. Health care will fail miserably there, so theres no worries.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Next will be Body Scanners and CCTV in all parts of the country to counter the "Domestic Terrorism" and the "Truth Movement".

Then it's the immigration bill to legalize illegal immigrants, and make the average person pay with their tax dollars to cover the illegals healthcare. At this point, don't be surprised if they announce officially the North American Union which joins and loses the borders of U.S., Canada, Mexico. The bills have already been passed for this. They just need a "false flag".

Then it's the Bio Metric ID Cards to track you via GPS.

Last but not least, the Micro Chips.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I would think the next thing that the government might want to "go after" would be the banking industry... But lets be honest... The banks slowly had regulations stripped away which stopped them from causing an economic collapse.... And look what nearly happened with out those regulations....

We need them back in place... the ones that were put in place after the crash in 39'.....

That is my humble opinion anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

" Immigration
Banks
Financial Firms
Housing Sector
Energy Sector
Back to the Automobile Industry
More Health Care Related Bills
"Jobs" -whatever that catchall entails.
National IDs
Internet Regulation
Domestic Terrorism related bills

I think that about covers it. "

Hmm.... if I was a betting man , I would have to say Internet Regulation is next . Remove the oppositions access to spreading Lies about our Loving and Patriotic Goverment , then their Propaganda Machine kicks into High Gear with this " North American Union " Crap . ......Sigh .

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

guns.

you can't have a proper fascist dictatorship without getting rid of the guns.

just ask hitler, stalin, mao, mussolini, etc.. etc..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Hmm.... if I was a betting man , I would have to say Internet Regulation is next

I'll take you up on that imaginary e-bet you didn't actually make.

The way I see it why waste time regulating the internet (even though we known ACTA is floating around out there) when you can have an all powerful Federal reserve with wide reaching new regulatory powers?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The only thing they've taken over is our life. Even the so-called "public option", when there was a public option, used private insurance companies. If they really wanted to help us they would have brought down the cost of health care so everyone could afford it.

Anywho, what's next is probably this:
Moving Toward a Unified National Health Care Database

To support a system of this nature, a huge national database will have to be built. And everyone’s medical records will have to be entered into a universal system that all doctors, hospitals and emergency personnel will have access to.

Welcome to George Orwell's worst nightmare.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i know what's next, they are gonna microchip everybody so the state can monitor their health, go "green" , use less paper and stuff,, thanks to gore's hoax

look up for health link injectable RFID chips, on youtube

believe it or not this is the MAIN GOAL of this bill

in the blink of an eye, that microchip will have all your medical history, soon after that bank accout numbers, your DNA

+this bill pays for abortions, which means everbody that pays taxes funds the abortions, is a killer not by choice

i'm not against abortions, however, i think abortions should be decided by the mother and the doctor, it's her thing, not the taxpayer thing, they shouldn't sponsor it

we are living interesting times now, eveything is gonna happen faster than we thought

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think they'll go for the national id. They'll somehow tie it in with health care, saying you can't get their health care unless you have the id.

It's all going to snowball... if they get this far, they will see that the majority of America doesn't care. That they want to be taken care of and coddled. Now go back to dancing with the stars, and plug in the ipod, cause daddy Obama is taking good care of you... etc etc.

Called my mom tonight to see what she thought of the health care and she said, "oh I was busy watching celebrity apprentice".

See my point?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

guns.

This is easily one of the most half-witted posts I've ever seen.

Stalin and Mao were fascist? I guess Reagan was a Communist haha.

This healthcare bill has NOTHING to do with RFID chips or anything even near it. To think that because this passed that a police state will be instated is complete ignorance and paranoia and isn't a tagline here "Deny Ignorance"?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I also feel obliged to say that hitlers much (yet never in detail) mentioned draconian gun control measurements entailed among other things the following:

Lowering the minimum age required to own a gun.
Increasing the time interval for which a permit was vaild.
Increasing the number of weapons for which no permit was required.

Other than that: lets pray for banks, but that might be a bit thight timewise, since the revolution is going to start any day now...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

guns.

I agree. I'm not sure it will be next, and I'm not sure it will be an immediate and absolute measure, rather a drip by drip approach with certain types of guns and ammunition going first and over a period of time.

What's more, ironically, people in their swathes will hand them over only a bit of huffing and puffing. Stand-off scenarios with survivalist/paramilitary factions will be in a tiny minority if at all.

I've been saying this for years: the right to bear arms is a smokescreen, a sleight of hand that really is only there to make people think they have an ace in their sleeve. Governments know that it's a card very, very few people will actually play. Yeah, people talk about how they'll play it but, given the way guns were handed over during Katrina, the reality is pretty different. Although I'm sure the multitude of gun owners on this board will roar to the heavens that they're the exception and will fight to the death with their last bullets.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Health care won't pass. The house is all democrats. There are a lot more republicans in the white house. Health care will fail miserably there, so theres no worries.

What??? I don't understand you at all. Health Care did pass already both the Senate and the House, now Obama signs it. Game over. Insurance companies lost.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

If that's the case why are health insurance stocks doing so well today? The bill is going to increase their profits so I wouldn't consider it a loss for them...

Headline: Health-insurer and hospital stocks step off higher

www.marketwatch.com...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Next up is immigration. In the next 8 months we are going to see bill after bill passed because they know after Nov they will not be able to pass ANYTHING.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join