It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You... Yeah, you! The one complaining about the Healthcare Reform Bill...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Are you trying to insinuate that there are no conservative democrats? I find that highly offensive, I should report you! *cry*

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Where is all this majority this.. majority that BS coming from? THAT is what is wrong with this country.. people don't even know what it stands for..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This OP posted a very partisan thread and then when confronted tucked tail and did a complete 180 degree turn. Why not just stick to your original statement? I would have had much more respect for that. I don't care how you try and spin your own words you only look like a fool for doing it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Wookiep

Then other than an armed revolution, what is the solution?? I'm serious, because the state of this country is just sad! And it only gets sadder as time goes on... I fear the country that my grandsons will inherit.

A revolution is surely needed. Hopefully *most* would agree with this, but an armed revolution is only going to make it worse. I wish I could say it's possible, but it's NOT.

Now, a military coup?? Perhaps! But most U.S. citizens don't want to fight the U.S. military! That's madness!

Arm yourself to the bone, it won't matter when the best military in the world comes in to steamroll you.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I find your wording in this Post Highly Offensive ..................REPORTED !

Aww sorry I would report you but just can't reach that button

Whats that have to do with the OP besides your upset that you and your party didn't get its way?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Why on earth do people think if you speak out about Obama you didn't speak out against Bush. Well I have news for you I have spoken out about BOTH! Sorry if I didn't scream loud enough about Bush, I sure tried my best.
I must be pro Bush if I don't like Obama, is that it? well I am sorry to tell you you are WRONG!

Edit to say I have now made my stance clear in my signature.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thoreau1
reply to post by Mumbotron

Where is all this majority this.. majority that BS coming from? THAT is what is wrong with this country.. people don't even know what it stands for..

Your post like your previous one made NO SENSE. I'll try to help you out anyways. Majority vote: the option that receives the most representative votes wins (as in a Democracy... look it up). While I don't necessarily believe a 2 party system is a true democracy, it's slightly better then rule by decree. Try thinking more and posting less.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hey, possibly not the most popular piece of legislation but at least its legislation that will actually assist some American Citizens.

How many previous Prez's have spent similar amounts on other projects that have no (or a very tenuous) benefit to the US population?

As someone from the UK who was born into a similar system; I can see the negatives ( more complexity, more admin, some people having to buy something they wont need etc etc) but how can a country that is supposed to be leading the world with it's merit based values allow vast swathes of it's population to suffer whilst there is money in the pot???

Things like this move a countries standard living upward which does have well researched positive benefits on the crime, education and employment rates in a country.

Most complaints will come from the internet about this as they are the folks who can afford to pay ISP bills and buy laptops in the first place...literally millions of Amercians live beneath the poverty line and this makes me think Obama might be the real deal as he does things that beenfit the majority ( the US population) rather than the minority,

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Why on earth do people think if you speak out about Obama you didn't speak out against Bush. Well I have news for you i have spoken out about BOTH! Sorry if I didn't scream loud enough about Bush, I sure tried my best.
I must be pro Bush if I don't like Obama, is that it? well I am sorry to tell you you are WRONG!

You are so right. I totally agree and I believe this whole left vs. right game is just that a game. They push for the same things just at different speeds. And the only one left holding the bag is us the American people.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I was a democrat during the Bush years, and voted dem in the last election.

I actually did get off my keester and protest Bush for a number of years. Was very blinded by Obama, until I realized we got fooled again....

And yes, I'm against this health care reform bill.

I do not consider myself of any party.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
This OP posted a very partisan thread and then when confronted tucked tail and did a complete 180 degree turn. Why not just stick to your original statement? I would have had much more respect for that. I don't care how you try and spin your own words you only look like a fool for doing it.

What I've just used here is the 'quote' function... Now go back to the OP, use this function, and show me exactly where I showed a partisan opinion, and then use this same function to show where I did a 180... Or just shut the hell up... Either one works for me!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

OK, I will state right up front that this has just got me steamed up! I log on tonight to find both my facebook page and naturally, ATS just brimming with the "OH NOEZ, WE'RE DOOMED" partisan panic crowd screaming the sky is falling because those evil bastard Democrats passed a Healthcare Reform Bill. How dare they spend our tax dollars!! OK, I have just one question for you 'Conservatives'...

What do you mean by conservatives? Is this partisan? Now that I am proving what I have been saying will you follow your own advice? It is hard to argue with people that don't understand reality. It is like arguing with a child that wants its way. Have I made my point or do you need me to draw you a picture also?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Its sad isn't it. I actually like Obama at first. The first time I saw him was on Oprah. I somewhere during the race I started to open my eyes, and actually listen to what the guy was instead of what was coming out of his mouth. I am glad I woke up soon enough not to place that vote. Although I voted in the primaries I didn't vote in the final election.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRobertsWe don't live in a democracy, we live in a Corporatocracy.

Ah good. Then you'll understand how "health" care is going to work. I myself broke away from the dem party. It took me a long time to see how crooked both sides are and now I'm finished.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

OK, I will state right up front that this has just got me steamed up! I log on tonight to find both my facebook page and naturally, ATS just brimming with the "OH NOEZ, WE'RE DOOMED" partisan panic crowd screaming the sky is falling because those evil bastard Democrats passed a Healthcare Reform Bill. How dare they spend our tax dollars!! OK, I have just one question for you 'Conservatives'...

What do you mean by conservatives? Is this partisan? Now that I am proving what I have been saying will you follow your own advice? It is hard to argue with people that don't understand reality. It is like arguing with a child that wants its way. Have I made my point or do you need me to draw you a picture also?

[edit on 22-3-2010 by calstorm]I bet a pretty good chunk of us speaking out against the health care bill are NOT conservatives. Can't seem to get this not to show up in quotes

[edit on 22-3-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yeah. After coming through the Bush years, I think America was so weary we reached out for the brightest thing in front of us only to find out what it really is.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Pray tell , and what " Party " would that happen to be ? READ the entire Thread before you put your Foot in your Mouth Sir.............

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Why on earth do people think if you speak out about Obama you didn't speak out against Bush. Well I have news for you i have spoken out about BOTH! Sorry if I didn't scream loud enough about Bush, I sure tried my best.

I speak of both myself
I quoted earlier a post (2nd made) that really did not add to the OP
besides "reported"

People need to wake up
Its not about D or R its about US!
Not in United States but US the people.

Not just USof A or England or Japan
WE ALL NEED TO AGREE ON SOMETHING!

Everyone needs health care from every country.

We all need to tell the people the sup-possibly speak for us what we want.
This health care bill could have been passed months ago if it were published to the public and voted on by the public ( passed as in yes or no )

WE DO NOT NEED TO HATE EACH OTHER!

really if my arm was broken and I don't have insurance why should I not get care?

Is that NOT the Dr oath? To treat some one in need?

Let me say this YoU hate the bill so much
What is YOUR bill?

Let us really read what you want. is its good then WE as PEOPLE send it in if not then start bitching about the officials not listening.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by EvilBat

Pray tell , andWhat " Party " would that be ? READ the entire Thread before you put your Foot in your Mouth Sir.............

No need for Foot YOU should have said on your post.

editing to add : would you have said that if it was the 3rd post?

[edit on 3/22/2010 by EvilBat]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join