Hey You... Yeah, you! The one complaining about the Healthcare Reform Bill...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Costs are hard to determine and changes depending who you talk to.

IMO, some hit the jackpot and many others pay for the jackpot.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47
You just call them stupid when in reality they realize they are getting screwed.

No they don't... If they did, they would not be so wound up about this Bill, as it is just smoke and mirrors to keep them divided and from paying attention to the real problems we have. If they knew they were being screwed, instead of a Healthcare Bill, we would have finance reform bills, and financial regulatory bills before Congress... But instead, we have the Red Herring known as Healthcare Reform to keep the masses snapping at each other...

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"... We are heading for a HUGE fall... and we deserve it for being so STUPID!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
the health plan is not a free ride you still have to pay in to it I don't understand where every one is getting the idea its free, yes the government will contribute some of the cost but the policy holders have to pay a premium also.
Its not a FREE RIDE.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cmaracing

Let's keep in mind that a lot of this isn't just about cost. Many people who are pissed (myself included) are pissed at the sheer disregard of our voice. I don't care how much it costs but if our representatives aren't representing then it's over for them.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thank you

Is it a case of before this new system, individuals paid for their own health services. Or, it was paid by their employers

and now, everyone will be levied say, 2.5% -- to provide everyone (employed or not, legal resident or not) with health services ?

Does this form the basis of the anger, in your opinion ?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by cmaracing

Thanks

I've heard said that the new health system will cost the 'average American' 2.5% of annual earnings

Would that be accurate ?

In approximate terms, what were Americans paying prior to (the yet to be implemented) new system ?

I can only speak for myself but between my health insurance cost and my copays, last year 37% of my take home pay went to my health care.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Interesting ... I didn't address anything? Please refer to my last post.

No you didn't address anything. You Sir referred to the "Will of the People" and as you well know - that is not applicable.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
where was the voice of the majority when we invaded Iraq which has cost us more than the health care will ever cost.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
sometimes people just don't know what's good for them. people are critisizing Obama for not changing things. perhaps it is the people who can't change.

change is a cycle. whether it benefits you or not, you cannot move forward without change!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

37% of your take-home pay went in health costs (insurances, plus actual, etc.) ?

You must have struggled to make sense of it !

We in other countries hear about the ...what's a word to describe it? Massive - Ridiculous - Unsustainable - Unjustifiable - Unbelievable cost of heath-care in the US. But I doubt many of us would ever have believed Americans were having to pay so much

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I am pointing out the Childish way in wich your " Rant " makes you out to be very foolish in thinking ALL Americans are Stupid Enough to Believe they don't have a say in what comes next with this Health Care Bill . Some of us Do , and the fight has just begun.........

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Its true....it is disgusting how much we pay and both sides are in agreement on this. The one thing we disagree on is the reform and how to go about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
sometimes people just don't know what's good for them. people are critisizing Obama for not changing things. perhaps it is the people who can't change.

change is a cycle. whether it benefits you or not, you cannot move forward without change!

Translation - Lets do something... Even if its wrong!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

The anger is mixed.

Some because it is Obama.

Some because it creates bigger government.

Some because it benefits insurance company.

Some because it is unconstitutional.

Some because of the way it was passed.

Many other reasons.

Currently about 84% ARE COVERED, 16% NOT.

tHIS BILL WILL GET US TO 95% COVERED, 4% NOT sUPPOSEDLY.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by K J Gunderson

37% of your take-home pay went in health costs (insurances, plus actual, etc.) ?

You must have struggled to make sense of it !

We in other countries hear about the ...what's a word to describe it? Massive - Ridiculous - Unsustainable - Unjustifiable - Unbelievable cost of heath-care in the US. But I doubt many of us would ever have believed Americans were having to pay so much

It helps that I had someone that could let me live with them or else I would have most certainly been homeless. I am not the average American but I am not all that strange. I take a few medications and was hospitalized for pancreatitis. Then I had some dental issues, nothing major but majorly expensive. My medications are expensive enough just in the copay but my insurance will not even cover them all or in the doses I am prescribed. This is where the problems start to add up. I need one regular medication. No big deal but my insurance will only cover so much of it. In order to actually take what my Dr. wants me to, I have to shell out a few hundred bucks a month. The insurance plan does cover this medication at those doses but they have decided I do not need it. My insurance company decides what meds are ok for me to take, what procedures I could get and so on. The thing is, had I had affordable preventative care, my overall costs last year would have been significantly less.

Like I said, I may not be everyone but I am only one back injury, fall, car accident away from everyone that cannot imagine why I paid so much in one year. Most of the people I know opposed to the health care reform never really see a doctor and do not take any meds and never go to the hospital. It is amazing what one accident does to change someone's mind when they realize that they spent 11% of their gross pay on insurance only to find out the Hospital still wants several thousand more because the insurance company decided not to approve things or just drop you altogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Do we always have to resort to the Bush years and bashing conservatives just because something was passed today that we didn't like?

From what i recalled from the Bush years is a Congress who couldn't say no.

We still have the same problem.

It finally took a crooked Chicago Mobster in the WH, and his familia council on the Hill, for me to wake-up and realize just how quickly this Nation is headed straight into the gutter.

What I find more offensive than anything else, is that those individuals who are now justifying this current HC Bill debacle, used to themselves do nothing but bash President Bush at every turn for far less!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

WHY WEREN'T YOU THIS UPSET WHEN BUSH AND CHENEY WERE GOING THROUGH OUR MONEY LIKE DRUNKEN SAILORS ON SHORE LEAVE???

Who are you talking too?? Republicans, or just anyone, or what?? Any chance you could be a little less partisan? Seriously, whoever thinks CHENEY was some God-send needs a serious mental check-up.

... Wake up, and realize that BOTH parties are playing the general public like a HARP. The Obama Admin has apparently tugged on your strings, as you are not able to think clearly!

What about Obamas MASSIVE spending??

Have you not been paying attention??

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Thank you and yes, I've gathered as much (re: 'how to go about it')

I guess that with so many congress-people having vested interests, being compromised, etc. it was never going to be easy

From the univolved observer's point of view, though --- anything would have to be an improvement on working in order to pay 37% to insurance companies

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hey Jaxon...

Meanwhile Wall Street will continue to play their games unfettered.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join