It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown Monday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So the House of Representatives has done their part to slaughter America.
It wasn't a landslide victory. It was close.
There are still many intelligent people in America.

And I think they'll drain the stock market on Monday.

I think Wall Street is going to bleed on Monday. The real Americans, the ones with the money from their hard work, the ones with real values and aspirations, are going to take their money and head for the exit.
They'll grab the money ball and go home.

You shmucks can get used to sitting on the couch all week waiting for your measly unemployment checks.
Good luck with the Senate vote.
You're going to need it.
You obviously don't have the intelligence.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I read your post in the America is Dead thread and agreed 100%

This is time to start cutting off the dead weight. The summer and fall will be interesting times. I expect the administration will pursue cap-n-trade then amnesty for illegals next. That's when the real fun will begin.

Bring it on.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i have already made my guess the Market will go down ~150 point$
to 10,591.38 on the CNBC game 'Call The Close'

reason; the Bill passed last night @ around 10:45PM Eastern...
it will take a day or two for all the possible ramifications to be
hashed over, so today only the vanguard of the market analysts
will respond to the anticipated negative energies this bill has on the present structure of the economy.

Wait until it passes into law or for 72 hrs afterward... but who-knows,
the elites will just use this new variable as a tool for more manipulations

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~ ADD:

i'm not attempting to waffle on the above forecast in the DOW.

but time will be needed for the market players to 'Short' the makers of those companies focused on producing 'Salty Snack Foods'
... and the big multinationals canners of 'Sugary' Sodas and such,

the market already has the dynamics.. it will just be who the volitile loser companies will be in this health-focus change of the economy, and all this takes time.
however i would keep any 'tobacco-nicotine' stocks versus the 'Salt & Sugar' stocks. because in the long run, nicotine & medical marijuana
may well be worth it.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just my frustation, I'm having a bad day:

Comment from: 5 oClock on: 21-3-2010 @ 07:58 PM
Sometimes I just wanna say screw it! Quit working, paying my mortgage and everything else I've done all my life to be a good middle class contributing American.
That way I can get free food stamps, welfare money, health care , housing and not have to stress out about being a responsible, respectable contributing member of society.

UUURRGHH!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So far, the market is marginally higher . . . except health sector stocks . . . they're spiking.

Go figure.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
So the House of Representatives has done their part to slaughter America.
It wasn't a landslide victory. It was close.
There are still many intelligent people in America.

Slaughter America? Not at all. The fact that something has come out of congress signaling that all Americans are important and just not the privileged is a great day for America. I would go as far to call it a new dawn. That perhaps the dark years of the 90s when Americans were increasingly seen as disposable capital who only jobs were to enrich the corporate elite and fatten their preachers pockets are ending.

Contrast that to the picture outside of congress where those opposed to the bill were degrading other humans with spittle, slurs, and profanities. A group opposed to the bill that saw fellow humans as lesser beings. A group hoping to slaughter the very core of our country. That all men were created equal.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't think the stock market will respond too heavily to healthcare passage yet. Further, health stocks and pharm companies may actually go higher -- especially now that they have a forced buy product.

Nobody quite realizes that the majority of people won't even feel the affects of this legislation for about 3 - 4 years. If I had to guess, I would say it was done intentionally for Obama's re-election bid. I envision it just really rolling out 6 months before November 2012 and his campaign promise will be: I started this....let me finish it. Something along those lines.

All I know is that it is all downhill from here.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The same thing was said when Clinton was trying to get his economic policies passed. I believe it may even have been Boehner that basically said it was the end for America if they passed. Of course they did and we had the biggest economic expansion in the country's history.

People have to wake-up and understand that HCR isn't without its blemishes but there are factions within politics (and business) that are blowing those WAY out of proportion for political gain period. The GOP said as much soon after the inauguration. Administration after administration --- from both parties --- have expressed the dire need for HCR but were not willing to address it because of the political liability. And things got increasing worse. They saw HCR as a means of torpedoeing Obama's initial popularity and have been wildly successful inb that regard. They've suceeded in dividing the country --- which is precsiely what they said they wanted to do.

There will be no meltdown today. Or any day as a direct result of HCR. It will not be Armegeddon as Boehner claims. It will not be the end of America. All that is political manipulation. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the war on terror and the war on drugs make HCR look like lunch money. The butt-poking we took from the banks and Wall Street make it look like chump-change.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

1. The Clinton-era prosperity you talk about was artifical and ended in the IT bubble collapse in was it 1999 or 1998?

Also, for those of you that think these kinds of huge, government-ran entitlement programs are a good thing, I have a few questions for you:

1. How did the New Deal work out for you? Social Security and unemployment insurance were a great idea that in practice has over the years spun into an unaffordable program that has more people receiving benefits than contributing.

2. How did The Great Society work out for you? It completely destroyed the minority middle class (in places like Chicago's Bronzeville), the nuclear family and built these huge housing "warehouses" that led to the urban problems of broken homes, fatherless children, gangs, centralized drug abuse and distribution and a dependent underclass of citizens that now have no reference of living other than on government assistance. The fact that many of the housing developments are now being torn down is a great symbol of the "success" of the Johnson program.

3. How has sex-ed and socialization in the classrooms instead of a focus on the 3 R's work out for you? You know have more teen pregnancies, more STD's, and lower test scores than ever in the history of American education.

So I ask, defend these social entitlement programs honestly. I'm not even mentioning that these programs have been implemented to the nth degree in the former USSR and Eastern Bloc countries in the 20th Century. Let them tell you how well they work out.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

... The real Americans, the ones with the money

I just love clarity.

Clear, to the point, no question where you're coming from.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh well. Just more insanity. The higher it goes the harder it falls.

I can't believe the markets cheered this incredibly stupid bill and rape of America.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thanks, I agree, the health care bill passing will boost stock for big pharma and the insurance companies.

The banking system and investment firms will be also getting a boost on this bill as they will start to create bubbles to make profits as usual.

This health care bill is the insurance companies bailout.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not buying it.

The bill was written by health care lobbyists. How else do you get a 2500 page bill in such a short period of time.

So health care will become a "right" and we will all pay for it in one form or another.

People that make big money are not going to pull all their money out of the market. Where would you put it? Hide it under your mattress?

Until the bill is understood and digested, I do think that this could put a damper on the "recovery" until this bill is read, dissected and understood by lawyers. Then, the businesses will figure out the cheapest way to do business and pretty much screw the wage slaves. (I'm included in that group)

People who make big money will continue to make big money for the most part and the market is just another place to make money.

new topics

top topics

join