It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seal of Baphomet, Masons in Israel!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You are not helping your case by stating Wiki " falls in line" with your other sources. No doubt the sources you would consider wouldn't ever paint anything masonic in a bad light. All I said is there are "accounts" of DeMolay having been a pedophile. I didn't say I believe it/ or not. With that controversy, true or not, it is interesting there would be a "Youth" organization bearing his name. I think that's weird, you can feel free to think that it isn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn

Maybe I'm wrong.
But maybe you'll get to the 33rd rank someday and figure out I was right.
Nothing wrong with theorizing.
And from the looks of things famous masons said... I dunno..

I have and you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Thats great!
Next step: Global domination, Illuminati, and other secret societies within secret societies.

Good luck on the path of Illumination.

BTW you guys took this thread waaaaaaay to seriously.
I can almost feel the your hate on my skin lol...

Instead of just calmly explaining stuff (Which happened later in the thread)
you launched WW3.

and LOL, I had no idea ATS was so sympathetic to masons.

Anyhow - nothing against you guys, just all this buisness looks a bit culty to me.
Personally I'll never go out making oaths to a bunch of people and drinking out of skulls no matter what excuses you make.

But I'm sure under all that you are all nice people.
Have fun!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Indeed, Lost in the Midwest was honored with the 33° this past fall. Four of my other friends also made this year's list. All said, I see more than thirty 33° Masons on a regular basis; have dinner with them, hang out, etc. There are more than 11,000 33° Masons worldwide. If they had some secret that the rest of Masonry didn't have, it would have gotten out a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

But I'm sure under all that you are all nice people.
Have fun!
We do!

Before you go anywhere, though, I was wondering if you did, in fact, have any other connections between the symbol and Baphomet? I mean, it is on topic & everything. If you do have more info, I'd love to see it, and if you don't, I won't hold that against you, but it may have helped answer your question...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Indeed, Lost in the Midwest was honored with the 33° this past fall. Four of my other friends also made this year's list. All said, I see more than thirty 33° Masons on a regular basis; have dinner with them, hang out, etc. There are more than 11,000 33° Masons worldwide. If they had some secret that the rest of Masonry didn't have, it would have gotten out a long time ago.

Atfer many years of hard work, I learn the greatest secret of Masonry.
(Respect earns Respect, Love earns Love) I guest some secrets are too simple for some to see.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

The only connection I've found so far, besides it being written few times by Aliester Crowly.
Is the fact that if you reverse the cross of Jerusalem (the same way you would reverse a cross to the antichrist symbol) you will get that symbol.
I have a feeling it has something to do with Kabbalah though, it looks familiar to me from somewhere I cant put my finger on it.

I'd love to get more info about the symbolism of that sign if anyone has it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wikipedia is a decent source, if not a great source.
It'd be comparable to the Idiots Guides or Dummies guides. Over all, it's fairly well moderated, though it has it's failings.
Usually the source links are pretty good, the books you can usually find under Google Books.

I've read a couple of books on the Crusades, which also brought up the Templars, as well as a book on the history of the Templars.

I can not recall a mention of pedophilia, though I do know he was charged, as were all of the Templars, with Sodomy among other things.

If you have documentation otherwise, please present it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

(the same way you would reverse a cross to the antichrist symbol)

I suppose that could be one interpretation of the cross.
It's also known as St Peter's Cross.
Now, obviously that's a bit of nitpicking,a s it doesn't have much relevance to your post, but eh...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron

You are not helping your case by stating Wiki " falls in line" with your other sources. No doubt the sources you would consider wouldn't ever paint anything masonic in a bad light. All I said is there are "accounts" of DeMolay having been a pedophile. I didn't say I believe it/ or not. With that controversy, true or not, it is interesting there would be a "Youth" organization bearing his name. I think that's weird, you can feel free to think that it isn't.

you are correct. the other sources I found seemed to be masonic in nature. Funny how masons seem to be interested in things masonic.

But since you seem to have the upper hand, what with being the accuser and all, please share your link with the information about Demolay being a pedophile with the rest of us. that is if the OP doesn't mind. On topic and all.

I look forward to your non-wiki link.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
it seemed baphomet could be related to the planet venus. I am obsessed with Venus and there are a bunch of hints to Venus in the baphomet photo.

i see the horns associated with venus, the pentagram on his head as venus and the two crescents, one being the morning star and one being the evening star.

The snakes could represent Venus also, but i can't find any link atm.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Venus = Morning star = Lucifer

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Venus = Morning star = Lucifer

Venus = Morning star = Lucifer=Jesus Christ depending on how you read the Bible.
linky

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Mason mike]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Thats also true.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Personally, I thought that commercial was very funny.
Don't you think that the people who made that commercial were possibly taking a jab at the seriousness with which people take their 'faith'?
Obviously nothing in that commercial was a mistake, but certainly it was done in humor.
Can't anyone take a joke anymore?
Lighten up people...sheesh!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Personally I'll never go out making oaths to a bunch of people and drinking out of skulls no matter what excuses you make.

Personally, I'd love to drink out of a skull.
Hell, if I could, I'd be eating my morning cereal out of a skull every dog gone day!

Anywho...so once again, a bunch of 'experts' seem to mash Satanism in with Freemasonry...it gets real old real fast.
Just so you guys know...the Baphomet of today, was a catholic rendering and bastardization of the Greek satyrs, who were known party animals.
There is some reference (of which I'm having a difficult time finding currently) of Baphomet (or an extremely similar name) in Solomnic demonology; but as to how accurate the current translations of the goetias are is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Historically, there was no account of pedophilia. This is a recent development.

Wait, I thought you said we would find the truth when we attained the 33rd? Midwest is a 33rd, but you doubt him?

We don't take Oaths to People, but to God.

reply to post by JoshNorton

Two of my close friends received honors this last Fall; one with the 33rd, and one with the KCCH.

Again though, Aleister Crowley was not a Mason.

An ordinary Cross of Jerusalem is proportionate on all sides so no matter how you flipped it, reversed it, and so on it looks the same.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Two of my close friends received honors this last Fall; one with the 33rd, and one with the KCCH.

be sure to keep a close eye on them for the inevitable horn growth that will occur. I think they get pointy teeth as well, but the brothers who I know seem to hide them well.

Balphamet.

Perhaps he is the long lost mangoatpig. a cousin to manbearpig.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

All the 33rd's I know file their horns down like HellBoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
The oath I took explicitly said "murder and treason excepted".

And I am certain that is absolutely true Josh, because I have seen printed the wording of that oath you took.
Which tells me you are in one of the first three degrees of the Blue Lodge.

But if you progress further up into Royal Arch masonry, which comprises another thirty degrees, you take more and DIFFERENT oaths as you are raised to each higher degree.

These higher degrees are worded "murder and treason included".
I genuinely believe that you are unaware of this Josh, but it is the truth.

Remember, there is much about the craft that a fellow craft learns, that an entered apprentice does not know.
And many secrets of Hiramic legend a master mason learns that are kept secret from a fellow craft.

Royal Arch masons, (fourth degree and above) take oaths and share even more secret knowledge that is kept from the lower three degrees.
Masonry gradually starts to change it's very nature as you progress up the ladder.

Here is the paradox.
Many masons in the lower three degrees of the blue lodge genuinely and sincerely believe in the benevolence and goodness of masonry.
They believe it, because that is what they see and know to be true.
Very few progress beyond the first three degrees.

But at much higher levels, there is far more emphasis on the occult, satanism, and pure evil.
But it is a very gradual progression one small step at a time as you progress up the ladder.

So Josh, I believe you are totally sincere in your beliefs. And I cannot fault that.
But there is vastly more to this than I believe you fully realize.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join