It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan hate us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't think Satan cares about humans one way or another. They are just tools. If you look at the book of Job, it spells out the game being played here on Earth. Satan wants humans to curse God, so to speak.

Excellent story to point out to.
In the eyes of Satan, Man is just man..in the eyes of God, man is an obedient slave.

Perfect video to understand the book of Job

I think you have Satan and God mixed up. Satan wants to enslave mankind and bring out the worst in us and feed us every lie and deception that we will eat up. Him and his aliens will go as far as microchipping abductees to down right possession of bodies to try and limit the free will God gave us. Satan isn't some rebel for freedom... He wants to destroy our souls, seperate us from the love of God, and he wants us to worship him as God. Wake the # up out of your romantic afterschool special fanatasy that you hold with IT. You think evil is cool or all a point of view? If you were ever around an evil spirit you would vomit from pure disgust. There is nothing but good and evil. and it is black and white, there are no grey areas when it comes to that. And until you see the true faces of both you will not understand how serious it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod
reply to post by Equinox99

I'm not bashing anyone I'm discussing and debating and I debate muslims as much as xtians but there are few muslim fundies threadsin discussion on ATS.

No, you do nothing but try and throw Xtianity whenever you feel like "intellectually" insulting Christians. I am not a Christian but I could see what you are doing. The exact same thing a Moocowman.

Perhaps you should write a thread with this as the topic so here we can stick to the topic at hand.

Agreed.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

But we all know EVIL is real, and that is how I represent my argument.

Is it real ? or just a way of describing actions that we dislike or disagree with ?

If evil is a real thing then that would imply that it something that is completely independent but it seems only to be present where humans are extant.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Because he thought he could be as god (above the creator) he knew he does not have the power to hurt God ....but he can hurt someone God loves which in turn would hurt God (that someone is the creation of God which is us)..
And God allows satan to do this because it all will get used for Gods GLORY and purposes ... ..(satan tempts and we decide to follow him into rebellion or not) ....satans temptations and attacks etc towards us also help us know what is right and what is not by allowing consequences (satans attacks on us) .. satan is really the tool here ...since God uses everything (including satan) to show us just who is God (its not you and its not satan ..it is GOD)

Everything we go through actually changes us (hopefully for the better when we honesty look at what happened to us) ......
I can look back on everything I have been through and all I can say is I deserved every single thing that was done to me because I ASKED FOR IT by being disobedient (not only to God but to rules,my parents etc) ....
And I am the one who when satan dangled the carrot to come play ..I am the one who actually took the walk towards him (the trouble) ...so the devil didnt make me do it ..I DID IT >>.and he just played a part in tempting me to do stuff ...but it was through all of that stuff that I learned to respect God and learned the way satan works and I made my own decisions then on which way I should go ...and of course once I decided to tell satan to take a flying leap ..thats when he really slammed me with stuff ...
But he LOST any power he had over me (which I gave him by permission by doing the things he talked me into doing with temptations etc) ...
Once I quit acting out the things he whispered in my ear to do ..
And started learning more about our creator ...it changed my whole life ..
For the better ...And now of course satan really really hates me but all he can do is throw a big fit and curse and rant and rave ..because he cannot tempt me near like he used to be able to because I made him go out of my life by allowing Jesus in my life (once the house is swept clean I filled it up with Jesus Christ and the word of God ) ... and now Jesus fights him for me ..and all I have to do is RESIST THE DEVIL SO HE WILL FLEE FROM ME .....
The more I resist the more he flees from me ..I can only resist because of the power of the Lord God within me (The Holy Spirit) .....I could not do it without him because ..I am weak in the flesh ......and my spirit was that of a mankind before Jesus came into my life ..and now my spirit is being renewed (daily)from that of a human being fleshly thinking fleshly acting women ..to that of a Child of the living GOD >....
Phl 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

satan hates ..and GOD LOVES ...it is the LOVE of God towards humans that makes satan hate humans ...real simple really ..he hated God and God loves us so satan hates God and us ....

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

We are the only ones that comprehend evil (unless you are a believer in other life). That is why we are the only ones that can cause evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Why torture us for proving God wrong?

If you prove god wrong then your proving that god does not exist which immediately precludes the existence of satan.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think Gods last recorded number is 33,041,220 people slaughtered for whatever reason

Satan is at what...11?

I think I prefer Satan's hate over Gods erm...love?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by higns07
Satan is nothing but a scapegoat for the evil the resides in all of us.

Following on from that, perhaps- In Revelation, Satan is described as the Accuser, who accuses people "day and night before their God". He's behaving like the "counsel for the prosecution". If you want to be less literal, you can think of him as the power of conscience.
And how is his power destroyed in that passage? By "the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony"- that is to say, by the fact that Forgiveness has become available, and the spreading of the news that it has become available.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by yodagod

We are the only ones that comprehend evil (unless you are a believer in other life). That is why we are the only ones that can cause evil.

How do we know a baboon does not comprehend evil ? just because it hasn't written a book ?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Because if a baboon has evil inflicted on it it will not retaliate for revenge. Its only motives are derived by instinct and trained behavior.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Satan "Lucifer!" Has only done his Job! without him we would be bored to tear's still sitting in the Garden, He provided us with the perfect Catalyst! a look at the dark side of Human nature! there's no Light without Dark!
Satan has nothing to do with Human suffering, your thoughts an beliefs create your own reality! all Satan has to do is keep it that way! peace...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

It's all birth order, or in this case, "creation order" psychology.
The angels were made first to keep God entertained.
But then God made Adam and He lost all interest in the angels. Thus Lucifer saw God playing with his new toys (mankind), and became all jealous.
Satan's just looking for attention

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"Satan" is just a human-made concept.
In reality, there is no "Good" or "Bad" guys. Both sides are working towards the same goal in the big picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
For starters, we must examine Satan's self.

Lucifer was the first being created by The Almighty. He was the most intelligent, beautiful, extraordinary entity ever made by GOD. He was placed higher than anything else in creation.

Lucifer decided to take upon himself the mantle of being "The Almighty." In his arrogance, he, the created, presumed that he might usurp The LORD, the omnipotent creator. He miserably failed, and was thus cast into hell with his angels.

When GOD created man, he created them perfectly in His own divine image. He made them the stewards of Earth, to watch over it and protect it. In essence, we are God's greatest creation.

Lucifer, the adversary of GOD (an thus named Satan) despised us as God's pure creation. He also knew that God had willed that we be blessed with Free Will, the choice to willingly choose or deny GOD's will. And so it came to be that in an act of vengeance against GOD, Satan set out to corrupt mankind, and thus bring about their fall, as Satan fell.

Satan hates us because of his own arrogance and pride. As he fell, he seeks to corrupt mankind and thus make evil what was created good. As GOD is the omnipotent, he only allows Satan to succeed as much as The LORD wills it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Because if a baboon has evil inflicted on it it will not retaliate for revenge.

And how exactly do you know this to be the case, your average baboon is smarter than most dogs but dogs are pretty vengeful bastards when evil (which is still to be defined) is inflicted upon them.

Also to bear in mind is that we don't know that the baboon has simply chosen not to retaliate against the evil act committed against it,

If I kick a baboon in the balls (an evil act) it may or may not retaliate, if you kick me in the balls I may or may not retaliate.

If I do not retaliate doe this imply that I do not perceive evil or that I am compassionate ? If I do retaliate does this mean I'm acting on instinct or have succumbed to evil ?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AzraelTheBold

When GOD created man, he created them perfectly in His own divine image.

Then decided we weren't so perfect and had us refine our genitalia, then he changed his mind about it, which begs the question does god have a foreskin or not ?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

No, you do nothing but try and throw Xtianity whenever you feel like "intellectually" insulting Christians.

Needless to say a "True" xtian living the word could never feel insulted, so no problem and quite futile to try and insult them.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by yodagod]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

The circumcision of the male penis is not a refinement of the male genitalia, it is an act of faith towards God. God set apart his people Israel for a purpose, and He gave them guidelines. As an act of faith towards God, the males were to circumsize the foreskin on their penis.

It was also meant to protect them from certain infections that can occur from having an uncircumsized penis. Wandering through the desert with an infected dick? You'd totally die, man. Or at least not be able to reproduce. How can you keep a race from dying out if nobody can reproduce?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

There's a lot of turth in that statement, friend. True Christians are hard to insult, for we believe in a higher judge to be arbiter over all matters. Why should we fret over such petty things as an insult?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

I see you're replying to somebody else here, but the post raises some vital points for me.
Is Satan always evil? Are "Satan" and "evil" the same?
Perhaps for many he is evil, but not for me. I'm a fan of the "Satanic Bible", and as such I think Satan is our own shadow side. He is the worship of the self. As some say: "If you want to see the devil, look in the mirror".
Satan is a composite figure of all our forbidden pleasures.

Evil is a force, but mostly what humans do to each other, and sadly so often in the name of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join