It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan hate us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Title says it all. As I understand Satan is the ruler of Hell. He was banished there when he tried to revolt against God. Why does he hate human beings? If anything I would expect him not to hate us since we are God's experiment and the test results are startling to say the least. Anyone got any insight?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I don't believe in Satan, being that I'm a fairly well educated adult. That being said if I relapse into religion mode for a moment I'd say he hates us because of how much God loves us.

Satan sees God's love for humans and hates us because we are weak, because God has forsaken him and cast him out but is now doting upon these week fleshy humans. Luckily for Satan God's new Garden of Eden is right next to to his favorite place to hang out on the same planet he was banished to (convenient) and even more lucky Satan finds he can take the form of a talking snake. All too easy

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its a fictional being created to keep the commoners of the lands tame and obedient while all kinds of atrocities can be permitted without consequence. The authorities at the time knew the masses were fools, but prone to violence. The fools still roam the earth today buying into this madness of the Satan bogeyman.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't think Satan cares about humans one way or another. They are just tools. If you look at the book of Job, it spells out the game being played here on Earth. Satan wants humans to curse God, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Its a pretty esoteric post to start with.

If you want something to work with id suggest reading Paradise Lost by Milton - followed by Dante's Inferno.

If your not in the mood to handle some classical literature then im sure Hollywood can supply something - Legion is a good try there.

The op presupposes 2 things - one the belief in an omnipresent deity - two that that deity has a fallen comrade. Belief in the one follows the other - but as for hatred i dont see where that comes into it.

My understanding is that Satan dint hate us - rather we were Gods favorites and as such satan wished to see us fall in gods eyes and therefore prove satan right that the angels were superior

Kind of follows some of the classical Greek myth of Persephone being tempted by Hades to revolt against the gods......

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I will have to look up Paradise Lost. As for Dante's Inferno. I remember Satan chewing on the 3 most vile humans. Why torture us for proving God wrong?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

because of how much God loves us

everything that is done by humans almost always happens to be done in the name of a god. that includes creating wars, executions, greed, etc..
in god we trust, god bless this and that, god damn, all that good stuff..

god will punish you and send you to hell if you don't do what he says. at least that is what they make you believe from day 1. if you ask me, god can be pretty evil.

link   

Originally posted by ventian
Why torture us for proving God wrong?

Because that's dogma not scripture. There are many Christian denominations that don't believe that humans are cast into a "hell". "Hell" in and of itself is an issue altogether. Does scripture actually prove it? One would say yes while another no.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't think Satan cares about humans one way or another. They are just tools. If you look at the book of Job, it spells out the game being played here on Earth. Satan wants humans to curse God, so to speak.

Excellent story to point out to.
In the eyes of Satan, Man is just man..in the eyes of God, man is an obedient slave.

Perfect video to understand the book of Job

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Maybe because when he exercised freewill he was given his own kingdom to rule, and when we exercise our freewill our consequences are considerably smaller. He is jealous because he is lazy and doesn't want the responsibility of running an entire plane of existence on top of trying to tempt every single soul on this plane into becoming one more peep he has to rule over when we die.

Poor guy. I can see how it would be a giant burden.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Title says it all. As I understand Satan is the ruler of Hell. He was banished there when he tried to revolt against God.

Satan is an imaginary being that only exists inside the heads of the superstitious. If Satan were in fact real he would obviously have by created by god (if god were real) which makes xtianity look kind of dumb and childish.

Hell is also a complete invention of the more weaker mind, heres a nice documentary on hell-

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

OK, we've heard from the Atheist crowd. We know what you think. This topic is about Satan's attitude towards humans. Not Satan's existence. Plenty of other threads for this stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Quite a ridiculous concept when this god created satan to begin with.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thx intrepid. Yoda please stay on topic. It is a very serious discussion and an atheists thought process is always welcome in my book. I appreciate the video but wife is in the room so I won't get to watch it until later. I would advise you that when denying ignorance a moderate stance is generally less foolish. You seem to have all the answers but unless you were there in the beginning you are merely assuming as we all are.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

It is very funny. Every thread I read you are bashing Christianity, not Islam for some reason, but Christianity. You claim Christians ar morally wrong and they have committed much death, fair enough.

What has science done? All I have to say Nuclear warhead. Go research what weapons science made and than come say why did Xtians used to use swords and knives to conquer.

Back to the OP.

Satan is not real. Hell is a fabrication to keep people from killing each other. It obviously does not working on a grand scale. It was designed to justify sin and any forbidden practices.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Satan is nothing but a scapegoat for the evil the resides in all of us. We are all given Choice, the choice to decide whether we will fight for good (love and light), or fight for evil (hate, fear, destruction).

People who represent evil tend to say that they are blindly influenced by Satan, when it's themselves they are fighting. They refuse to take responsbility for the hate in this world, so they blame it on Satan.

To answer the question, Satan (evil) loves humans because it is able to deceive more of us, the stronger and wider its wings spread (longer wars, greater destructions, more death). But also the opposite happens, more can awaken to the force of love and light. Sadly, if one looks around the world they see who is winning the battle. It's time to choose a side, we are the answer to this fight. Which side are you fighting for?

*I am not arguing if Satan is real or rather an illusion. But we all know EVIL is real, and that is how I represent my argument.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by yodagod

OK, we've heard from the Atheist crowd. We know what you think. This topic is about Satan's attitude towards humans. Not Satan's existence. Plenty of other threads for this stuff.

Duh ? What did I miss ?

Conspiracies in religions why does satan hate us ?

Thread title doesn't say "For the xtian crowd only atheists need not reply"

So the conspiracy is that satan doesn't hate anyone because he is imaginary.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ah yes. The Book of Job. *snickers at the Jawas* God sits there and CAUSES trouble, CAUSES someone great suffering, (ok, gives permission), AND makes a bet with someone who is supposedly pure evil... and then has a 3 year old hissy fit when the person just wants to know WHY.

I'm sorry- Satan what, again?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

It is very funny. Every thread I read you are bashing Christianity, not Islam for some reason, but Christianity.

I'm not bashing anyone I'm discussing and debating and I debate muslims as much as xtians but there are few muslim fundies threadsin discussion on ATS.

What has science done? All I have to say Nuclear warhead. Go research what weapons science made and than come say why did Xtians used to use swords and knives to conquer.

Perhaps you should write a thread with this as the topic so here we can stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I'm remembering Milton correctly, Lucifer was God's right hand man and had earned that position through devotion and merit. God then created Jesus who took Lucifer's position in Heaven. Lucifer didn't like this as he felt that he had earned the position. Lucifer then gained supporters who believed that God was ruling unjustly and was ignoring those beings that had been with him longest, the Angels. This then led to the rebellion that led to Lucifer and his followers downfall. After this God created Man who was his new favorite. Lucifer saw this as an opportunity to get back on God by turning his favorite creation against Him. He doesn't really have a beef with Man, they are just the tool he uses to get back at God.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join