It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think most people are able to handle disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I feel that a very large number of people would soil themselves in a serious way and that disclosure would cause significant upheaval of our collective stuff. I don't think we would collapse, but there would be a lot of disturbed and shocked individuals who would have a major problem coping with the sudden reality of something so profound and, to them, unexpected.

There would certainly be another large part of humanity that would be perfectly okay with the situation and would assimilate more easily into a post-disclosure mindset.

Too many people would be damaged by sudden disclosure, though. Not a good idea in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Why the United States?

Why would disclosure be any less credible if it came from another nation?

I believe that other nations are trying to disclose, but for some reason people are waiting for the USA to confirm..........why?

Do you really believe that the USA is the guardian of truth?

An ex Canadian minister disclosed the truth........why is that any different to America disclosing?

Sorry, I have now reconsidered my thought.
It doesn't really matter who discloses.
Again, sorry for saying just the United States.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I see two problems with disclosure though I won't it badly. Religious fanatics, now i know many religious people and have talked to them and they wouldn't be surprised by this news. Many of them believe anyways. The rabid zealots though, they are what worries me. How do you explain away the fact that these things exist? Then they start getting pushed down by science trying to say our creator was alien and all hell breaks loose. The second and biggest problem is government. What do people do when their government says "we are aware of them but cannot explain them."? All of a sudden our government isn't quite that powerful. I believe this is why we haven't had disclosure yet and may be why we won't see it for quite some time. The government does not benefit one way from disclosure and thats why we haven't seen it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What if disclosure isn't what you think it is? Would you be able to handle it if the government says "we know what they are but they are not space aliens".

Would you only accept disclosure if it supported your beliefs?

Besides, after so many years of saying that the government is lying, why would you believe them now???

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Besides, after so many years of saying that the government is lying, why would you believe them now???

All right, let's make it simpler:
There is no need for a government disclosure. Just go to the very source themselves. All there needs to be is real extraterrestrials just landing on Earth and people people actually seeing the aliens.. The news from everywhere around the world are covering this for the world and this will be a "true First Contact".
Then there will no more denial of extraterrestrials.

Sure, the government will remain silent about this event or try suppress it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think anyone would care if they where told about the existence of ET's or not.

Lets face most American's couldn't find England on a map of the world So wither there told about or aliens or not it wouldn't make a dent in there little realities.

But this never ending pandering to Muppet people is getting us nowhere really fast.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would be very happy if this was to happen, That said I don't want disclosure to be any government or whoever telling the world that "Aliens are here". I want the Aliens to come and interact freely with anyone and everyone, of course they would have the right to choose who they wish to interact with, but the government, military or anyone should not step in should they decide that a street sweeper is much more worthy of their time than a politician. But I doubt thats going to happen in my lifetime, though I hope it would.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The U.S. is resisting disclosure because as someone said "the military is using the technology for nefarious purposes" AND they know alien technology holds the key to free energy.

Free energy would destroy TPTB control and make life beautiful for the rest of us.

I think the concern about mass numbers of people "soiling themselves" is just not valid. There will be some religious nuts who will weird out, but the skeptics will just do a "damn I was wrong on that one" and go on about life.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Everyone I know already knows ET exists. They all have come to that logical conclusion, save a few religiotards.

So maybe we would be able to take the gov't a little more seriously if they told us the truth.

Then again I would be concerned if the gov't disclosed alien info, because there would certainly still be secrets kept.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join