It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall

Found #76 girls basketball (P)

Maybe its because he didnt play icehockey or girls basketball.

Did you take a good look at image #76 ?
It was taken a few years later in the same town, and it looks like the Hipster went on to coach the girls basketball team.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3b16fa90dc3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c850260aae68.jpg[/atsimg]

The same wide ears and long facial structure. Seems about the same height and build, but the hairline has receded or been combed differently.

EDIT: Here are crops of just the face.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c08e0b07516.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2eb1fc70f25.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 22/3/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
well...The jawline is similar, and the ears do appear to stick out, ill grant you that, I couldnt be sure it isnt the same guy though, Eitherway.
This dosent explain the 'M' though really. Should the guy wear the same gear all the time?
If its the same guy, two similar dated photos, seem to lessen the chances of him being a time traveller dont you think?
Hes just some average Joe with no idea that perhaps years after his death, some folk would be claiming he was a time traveller and speculating about his life.

If you could travel back in time and take printed evidence of this thread with you, and tell him about it over a beer at the pub, he'd be laughing his ### off!

Ill join in the fun, He looks like his name might've been Albert.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I start a thread about massive things near the sun

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this makes the front page.

The man does look out of place, but Photoshop is good.
My oldest son is doing an HND at Uni in graphic design, the lad could but a bus on the moon and make it believable.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
massive things near the sun ?.........Or Albert The Time Traveller?

Hmmm, Ill take Abert please, unless the the massive things near the sun have big pointy teeth and are coming our way in a hurry!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I read most of the thread and don't think anyone has come up with this but a search through google images yielded a possible explanation of the 'M' logo.

It could well be a version of this:
www.sportslogos.net...

Montreal Maroons primary logo in use from 1925-1938!

That would make him from the opposite side of Canada and might explain why he dresses a little out of synch with the rest of the crowd, plus it just about fits the date perfectly.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by ThrIII]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall

I find the light source (on everyones face) not consistent throughout the entire photo. And the contrast in the background, as so bright, it fades everything out.

How is the lightsource inconsistant? What about the contrast? Its a sunny day, light worked the same wayin the 40's you know.

You seem to have an answer to everything and you're coming off as a wise-arse to boot!

Seeing everyone is basically facing the same direction, the light source is not hitting everyone evenly.

The man leaning on the car is casting a shadow ON the car (meaning, the light source is behind him)
And the man near the front bumper....his shadow doesn't match the casting direction of the previously mentioned man (even his hat's reflection doesn't match the brim of the hat he is wearing)

So.......... THAT is what I mean!

But I'm sure you'll have an answer for all of this too but if you don't mind, feel free to skip my post and attack the next one instead!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

rofl!

Anyway, as to the OP, looks like a Michigan "M". Possible that it was a sports jersey.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The power of suggestion is obviously very overwhelming to you all

I admit that the guy looks out of place, but really that's it. If you look close enough at the photo you will notice that nothing really is out of place, and a few people in the thread have already pointed this out.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

They called these types of people 'Beatniks' (if spelt wrong, the pronunciation is correct) They were the young rebels of the time period.

A bit like punk rockers, or goths or hoodies are now.

Not a time traveller, just an antiestablishmentarian.

[edit on 22/3/2010 by spikey]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You seem to have an answer to everything and you're coming off as a wise-arse to boot!

Wow!!! Thats the best writeup I ever got from A critic! The rest just said I sucked!

Your claims about the lightsource
I simply dont agree Ok. It all seems perfectly consistant to me, look at the girls face whos looking down the row, shadow where it ought to be, look at the shadow of Alberts head on the hat of the lady in front. C'mon. Build a fancy bridge and get over it, im just being objective and having a little fun at the same time. Do you remember when it stopped being fun for you?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not a time traveller, just an antiestablishmentarian.

Whoo Hoo! Give it to da man Albert!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm guessing the guy worked for his college paper.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That seems quite feasable too, he looks the journo type.

Id add "*who may or may not be a journo" to my new avatar but Ive run out of space.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb6dac43f646.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks to me like this dude might be Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore. The time traveler dude does look out of place, but I think it's just a weird coincidence.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Just thought I would say this on the subject of the light source debate. Looks to me as if there might be several light sources. Dont forget that theres one dude in shot with a camera (our temporal gypsy, Albert). That may suggest that he is not the only person with a camera in the vicinity, and perhaps the irregular shadows being cast have more to do with multiple camera flashes, than some bizzare cut and paste photoshop fraud? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That's a great pic! Too bad we can't see what has captured everyone's attention. Now if it happened to be a DeLorean DMC-12...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be15c2079b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ah C'mon johnny, Thats a fake, it's got no wheels ! Might be a genuine ufo (reverse engineered) model though.

I wonder if thats the Time machine Albert gads about in?

LOL Truebrit @ 'Temporal Gypsy"
Aberts getting larger than life!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Glasses, tshirts, they've been around way befoire the 40's, but shades like that? I must admit, that does seem a bit odd.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadforce
Glasses, tshirts, they've been around way befoire the 40's, but shades like that? I must admit, that does seem a bit odd.

Maybe we can add 'Eccentricity' to Alberts Profile too.
They might have tiny windscreen wipers that you cant see? Perhaps his surname is Kramer? or Lewis

Maybe his middle name is Jerry

static.squidoo.com...

Albert Jerry Kramer....yeah that sounds like a 1940's name.
Fifties at the latest, they got better after that!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join