It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
Spot on blupblup! Well done!

But if you don't just readily believe it.... then you're a Skeptic who works for the government and isn't open to the unlimited possibilities and mysteries of life and the universe.

Or to put it another way, You pissed on someone's bonfire

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Okaaaaaaaayyyyy so at least you don't have issues :shk:

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Sorry if you took offense. I thought you were playing devil's advocate and I was just taking it a step further. Apparently you were but do not like the idea of anyone entertaining the idea you proposed? Sorry.

Where in my post does it appear that I took offence?
Anyone can entertain any idea they like?

You've kinda lost me....

It seemed to me you were saying that IF he had been a time traveler, maybe no one was looking anyone more because they already looked at him. Is that not what you were proposing?

I was, in a way.
But the more prominent point I was making was How would they know he was a time traveller?
Why would they continuously stare at him for hours just because his clothes are a little odd?

Even if a guy turned up at a public event now and looked really out of place, I don't think people would just keep looking at him constantly.
You kinda get bored after while ya know?

I did not think you were really trying to explain him as a time traveler. I thought this was an open forum and if you could play devil's advocate then I could also take that and play with it a little.

You can and anyone can play and do what they like?

Again, not sure where you see me saying anything different?

Real sorry about that. I will not come back to this thread so as to not step on any more toes when people are playing devil's advocate and I read it as such and entertain it as such. What was I thinking?

Awwwww.... poor you, yes why don't you go and wallow.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I looked at this picture for at least 30 mins to see what I could "find." It seems that I can see Richard Nixon standing on the left near the car. I can also see James Brady in the very back, and possibly a profile view of Lee Harvey Oswald. It's too bad this picture doesn't pan up some. There is probably a UFO in the sky observing the whole goings on that we are completely missing.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b80623bff52a.jpg[/atsimg]

It's kinda weird, 'cos this guy really gives the impression he's out place in this picture... May be another photoshopped image... There's harmony between the ambience light in his hair and the shadow cast in his face... If it was a photoshop job, is damn good.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad2fb5f26412.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efd117c077b0.jpg[/atsimg]

'50s welder gogles design

Assuming this guy is real part of the scene, his sunglasses could be just welder safety goggles, but I don't know... I think in the '40s there weren't welder goggles with this squared design... It's kinda later '60s or '70s, anybody has a clue???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46437caf38e9.jpeg[/atsimg]

That detail in his T-shirt isn't a logo, looks more like a industry embroidery and his camera.... Well, ain't no expert in cameras... But it seems that objective lenses that big, only started to be manufactured in the '50s... Again, anybody has a clue?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bed3016fa1d2.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Wheres the data?

The link is in the reply. Right below the last line.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Photoshopped or not, the time travel isn't something to mock about. Guys, google for Al Bielek and Philadelfia Experiment aka Montauk Project aka Rainbow Project.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Photoshopped or not, the time travel isn't something to mock about. Guys, google for Al Bielek and Philadelfia Experiment aka Montauk Project aka Rainbow Project.

I wasn't mocking time travel or the idea that it could be possible. I was just trying to illustrate the point that if you look long enough at anything, you can "find/see" all kinds of things.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He looks like one of my Gang!

He's just a Bohemian walking among the Sheep! Bohemian's have been around since the beginning in every coulter on Earth, peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No matter how much we'd like to believe you found evidence of a time traveler, there is simply not a parcel of corresponding evidence.

Show me an unadulterated photo from that same era with a guy wearing Nike shoes and I might give it a second look.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey wait a minute isn't that Skinner the Boss from the X-Files next to the time traveller.
Yeah the man in the Hat and glasses.
I thinks this is one of those cases where Mulder and Skully went back in time in one of those Black budget Stargates to stop a crime being committed in the future? So where is the Smoking man

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
that is a strange picture...It does seem like that guy was morphed into that picture or something...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Check out this guy (bottom right) with the top hat. wearing a fake beard and glasses, clearly a guy from the future who hasnt donr quite enough chronological historical research. Lol

www.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

Theres another guy that looks like Abe lincoln up the top!

[edit on 21-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, here is another photograph that people just can not believe it is real.

The young guy is probably a photographer for a paper sent to document the occasion.

Yes,college age kids wore clothing considered out of place by normal folk.

The citizens of this era did where sunglasses,sweaters with logos and have crappy hair cuts.

He looks out of place in British Columbia among there people.Maybe not in Seattle,though.

Why people posting on this forum,think people living in the 1940's should be wearing skins with bones in their noses is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

The third head in the middle from the bottom edge looks like my older brother and he was not born till 1949...
...maybe clergymen have been time-travelling...
...now there is a conspiracy in the making.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Off topic, but boy people used to have some real style. Not the crap most people wear these days...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's evidently a young Emmet Brown (prior to his becoming a Doctor), in 15 years he'll bump his head on the toilet and invent the flux capacitor.

Obviously TPTB are torturing us by presenting a supposedly fictional film directly in front of us. They are amused by our idiocy and enjoy tormenting us with the obvious plans they have enabled.

That and you can see a young Doctor Who (sorry Whovians - there is no other way to describe him appropriately here) leaning against a car in the upper right corner.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Could this be a picture of an old time college Foot ball player?
U of M or Michigan State jursey.
It might explain the his age & what he is wareing

Watcher

[edit on 3/22/2010 by n120by60w]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Got to tell you look how the he has shadows left from the sun hitting his ear but no one else does. He is super imposed into the picture, hate to bust ur bubble. I don't think the website that posted it realized it.

Edited to tell you im talking about the picture the op posted

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
College sweater and cardigan, very retro except in 1940/s

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
where is the source photo from? the guy looks photoshopped in there to be honest.

look at the way the light hits every one elses face in comparison, most even at the same angle of the light source as his.

i think the closeup makes it pretty clear its photoshopped, but thats just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join