It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If you look closely at this Picture , you will notice the " Alledged Time Traveler " in question is wearing a Home Knit Sweater along with a Home Knit Jersey with the Letter " M " Sewned onto it . His Sunglasses also look like they were made in the 1940's to me . No Time Traveler here I am affraid...........

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What I want to know if he was time traveling why did he go there? lol

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm more worried about the old guy in the very bottom right corner who seems to have no eyes

His eyes are closed. Not an unnatural thing for people even in the 40's. Honest! Folk here have their eyes closed alot huh!

[edit on 21-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I ran across this photo while searching for evidence of a time traveler. It appears to show a guy in sunglasses, a t-shirt with a logo, some sort of coat that looks straight out of old navy, and holding what appears to be a camera.

It was found here.

Link to Virtual Museum

And someone blogged about how peculiar it was here.

Prague Blog

Thoughts?

Well that is certainly interesting. If this has been photo shopped it is the best I have ever seen. What by the way were they all looking at?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm actually more suprised by the freakishly tall fellow at the back. Plus he's staring at something different to everyone else... what did the tall dude see...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

LOL! That is a possibility, she always claims her arms aren't long enough to read anything.

I agree with others as well, that it could be a University Logo and Sweater. He could be doing a story for a school newspaper.

Whatever the case, certainly not a Time-traveler. That would have been fairly apparent to those around him.

Now, we can look forward to this thread reappearing every six months or so, next time he will be a ghost, and then an angel, and then a time traveller again, LOL!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I guess I do not understand why anyone should see anything strange about the picture if the people in the picture did not see anything odd and the photographer did not see anything odd. Wouldn't these people be the first ones to notice this guy does not look like he is from their time?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's actually pretty cool to be fair.

He does look totally out of place and it's not that he's the young, hip guy in the crowd.... something odd about the pic.

Maybe fake?

Interesting all the same.

If this was like 1900.... or 1880 or something then i would say you may well have something for sure, pending analysis on the photo, but I'm thinking they probably did have some pretty "cool" clothes, even in the 40's.

[edit on 21/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
About that modern camera the "time traveler" has. It is a 1930's model Kodak. I have one in my antique camera collection.

link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I guess I do not understand why anyone should see anything strange about the picture if the people in the picture did not see anything odd and the photographer did not see anything odd. Wouldn't these people be the first ones to notice this guy does not look like he is from their time?

Maybe he'd already been there for a hour or so?
They can only stare so much.... maybe they just accepted him after while.

link   

Wouldn't these people be the first ones to notice this guy does not look like he is from their time?

LOl, Im not sure about that, some of the stuff my teen daughters wear these days....

CX

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is it just me or does that guy standing a couple to the left of the "time traveller" appear to have a semi modern style of jacket on? It looks kind of white in the sun.

Looks like he has a dark jumper with a shirt and tie on underneath. The jacket almost looks like it has some kind of hood on the back, like some of the modern outdoor types you can get.

CX.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I knew that photo of me in the 40's was gonna get me in trouble.

I told the LHC Operators that we needed to go back and destroy that camera before it took my photo but noooo, they know best, don't they? They said it would never turn up and no one would ever notice the Ray-Bans I had on. They also told me that nobody would notice that Sony Digital Camera I was holding either.

Damn Scientists. They think they always know best, don't they?

Btw, My Mom made me wear that T-Shirt.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks like brody from the "hills"

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

That's pretty neat...at first I was like WOW...that does seem odd.

But I thought some investigation was in order.

The first thing that struck me was the sunglasses...they seemed really modern. So I did some looking and found this.
Here are sunglasses from a 1940s movie the sunglasses look "similar" to those in the picture:

Next of course was the "shirt". I did some looking and couldn't find a tshirt that would have a logo on it like that. But we don't really know it is a t-shirt because it is covered by the coat. So I did more looking for anything with a letter on it like that...and came across the letter sweater...worn by varsity high school or college sports players. I found a couple examples...can't really verify the dates on these...but the best I could do in a short time.

This one is from Ebay that someone is selling...its a link to the picture...not the auction (don't know if this violates any T&C).

I'm not saying this is proof of anything...just some more information to look at.

I still really like the topic...S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Is it just me or does that guy standing a couple to the left of the "time traveller" appear to have a semi modern style of jacket on? It looks kind of white in the sun.

Looks like he has a dark jumper with a shirt and tie on underneath. The jacket almost looks like it has some kind of hood on the back, like some of the modern outdoor types you can get.

CX.

OMG111 your right! and the girl behind him is clearly wearing contact lenses and carrying an ipod under her dress, I can see its shape!

C'mon please. If nothing had been suggested about the photo, most of you wouldnt have commented on anything in it.

Good work Outkast

[edit on 21-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
When i clicked on it, i immediately saw him and it did freak me out.
As am aware, in the 40's they did have camera's, football jersey did have a badge on it. The hair cut doesn't seem very 50's more like 70's. Those glasses are sun glasses, look at the guy far forward same position as him in white his hair cut is similar. Completely out of place though.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm also quite worried for the old guy at the front right with the black hat and jacket. Is he still alive? He looks dead. I think he may need some medical attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

There is something a little strange about this picture ... and for all the people who have said that no-one is paying any attention to him ... well that woman next but one to him seems very interested in his camera ... well I'm assuming it's his camera she's looking at.

Woody

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The old guy is probably at that moment, having a horrible premonition of the stupidity/gullibility of people 70 yrs in the future! If it were a paused dvd, you unpause and he shakes hishead in despair.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join