It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Those 3 men with hats all seem to be looking directly at the camera too, which freaked me the hell out.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I find the woman at the front of the photo in the middle strange, look at how long her finger is

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Not trying to hijack your thread but i was looking through some old pictures of my great grandad and found this picture taken in 1943. Sorry the quality is not great because i just took a digital picture of the photo. [...]
You need to move picture to the right to see the possible time traveler.

I believe it! Of course, I'm pretty sure this is not a complete Photoshop manipulation, too!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extremador
Those 3 men with hats all seem to be looking directly at the camera too, which freaked me the hell out.

I'm suppose a few of them saw the photographer hold the camera up (it looks like it's being held high, maybe on a pole or the photographer is standing on something). It wouldn't be that strange for some of them to look directly at the camera. I know I might.

And like I said in this post Here (Link) from the previous page, the guy may be dressed in a "hip" style, but noting he is wearing is out-of-date for the 1940s -- his hair, glasses, and sweater are all things worn in the 1940s.

edit on 2/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by clemo

that woman is holding a pair of gloves.....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I am starting to understand why China banned anything having to do with time travel. I believe we can manipulate ALOT of things, but not time. Why? Time does not exist. It's all about patterns, repetition and synchrosity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

Synchrocity....oops

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

SYNCHRONICITY. Jesus. That's why I try to stick with small words. Grunts and groans was a much simpler language.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by clemo

that woman is holding a pair of gloves.....

I think clemo means the woman in black...

...But that still not a "long finger" but rather her finger plus the side of her palm. We are seeing the side of her hand from the base of her thumb to the tip of the finger. That's why it looks long.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

there is one women with dark hair maybe 3 people down from him and she appears to be staring right at him as if he is out of place...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theilluminated1
reply to post by Terapin

there is one women with dark hair maybe 3 people down from him and she appears to be staring right at him as if he is out of place...

Like I said in this post Here (Link) from the previous page, the guy may be dressed in a more "hip" style than the old fogies in that picture is used to, but nothing he is wearing is out-of-date for the 1940s -- his hair, glasses, and sweater are all things worn in the 1940s.

His letter sweater is something wore in the 40s, his hair is typical for some "hipper" people in the 40s, and his steampunk glasses were actually popular among younger people in the 1940s. Today you can still buy vintage 1940s glasses like the pair he is wearing.

The bottom line is that he does NOT look out-of-his-timeperiod.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Holy cow!!! Yep, people in the 40's did not have T-shirts, cameras, or cool haircuts. Oh wait, yes they did.

You have to admit he does look out of place.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stiffolous

Originally posted by Terapin
Holy cow!!! Yep, people in the 40's did not have T-shirts, cameras, or cool haircuts. Oh wait, yes they did.

You have to admit he does look out of place.

Yes he does. But as I said before, so would my teen-age cousin look out of place today in a room full of my old fogey Aunts -- with his hipster clothes, slightly spikey haircut, and new wrap-around sunglasses.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theilluminated1
reply to post by Terapin

Hhmmm........Strange that this persons first post on ATS is on a subject that hasn't been discussed in almost 6 months..........Is it the time traveller himself perhaps

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
In case anyone is still interested in this thread...I can add a bit to the story. I spend lots of time in the summer in the Bralorne/Goldbridge area, and have visited the museum many times. Yesterday (Sunday Sep 2 2012) I saw the original photo and spoke with the ladies who run the museum. They are nice women who have not the slightest idea of how to photoshop anything...by their own admission, answering emails is a bit high-tech for them.

They are somewhat bemused at all the attention given to them and the photo; yes, they admit the guy does look out of place but they are absolutely, 100% sure there is no photoshopping or other manipulation of the photo. In fact, the picture that appeared on the museum's virtual website was from a photocopy of the original; they weren't aware that they had the original photo until the Russian team found it in an album in their archives. Since the photo went viral in 2010 they have received phone calls and emails from all over the world. Many of the callers have upset them by angrily denouncing them as hoaxters.

One recent visitor to the museum recognized the logo on the shirt as the old logo for the Bank of Montreal. Apparently, the bank would issue shirts to employees each year; and there was a branch of the B of M in Bralorne in those days. The ladies are trying to find a photo of a shirt from the 40's to compare the design.

They also mentioned another person in the photo, standing to the man's left (or your right looking at the photo). The woman beside him is Margaret "Ma" Murray, who was the publisher of the Bridge River/Lillooet Times newspaper. She would have been there to cover the opening of the new bridge, and likely would have brought her photographer with her. Since the man is holding what appears to be an Agfa camera, is it possible he was the staff photographer. Again, the museum is trying to confirm the presence of Ma Murray's photographer at the event and to determine his name.

So, to summarize: the photo is legit; it was taken at the opening of the new bridge leading to the town of Goldbridge in 1941. The original photo currently resides at the Bralorne museum a few minutes up the road from the bridge and has definitely not been tampered with or photoshopped.

I'll be back up in that area again next summer and, if there's anything new to add, I'll post it here.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag[/i]
...They are somewhat bemused at all the attention given to them and the photo; yes, they admit the guy does look out of place but they are absolutely, 100% sure there is no photoshopping or other manipulation of the photo...

Yeah -- but he isn't "really" out-of-place. He may be dressed a lot more "hip" than everyone else, but has I already indicated in other posts, his clothes, glasses and haircut are ALL things from the 1940s.

Not everybody wore those sort of "hip" things, but some people did -- just like today there are some people who dresses in really wild clothes as compared to other people.

edit on 9/4/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: formatting

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sure he looks out of place, then again he reminds me of this:

Out of place too, haha.

Here's a video taken from the Museum to prove that the photograph is an original and is not photoshopped.

Here's another photograph taken from an alternative angle.

From everything I've read in this thread, I don't believe this guy was a time traveller. Probably just a young hipster.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Thanks for the update!

Can you imagine these poor old birds getting these rude and angry calls from all sorts of idiots? Screaming HOAX! HOAX! like some kind of loonies?

Of course the photo is real, but sadly not a time traveller.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join