It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm supposed to post after it's been gone for a few weeks, but there is something to contribute..

On another website there was what looked to be a recent photo of what looked like this man, apparently from facebook dot com. Before I find more about this it says it should post more? but it's probably fake, in my opinion. Why would someone as hip as he looks live in rural British Columbia instead of a more historical location at that time period? Good luck finding out, the museum should have been contacted back by now./...

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by empathy5975

There wouldn't be any surprise in having a descendant look very similar to his/her ancestor.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Could be John Titor! lol

-

The guy dose stand out thats for sure. Although i don't know about him being a time traveler.

Intresting!

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

The shirt appears to be one with a zigzag design, only partly showing under the jacket, and the camera looks like a pretty old model, perfectly normal for the time. Not sure what they had for sunglasses back then, but the frames look right for that era (based on old family pics I remember seeing as a child, of relatives in glasses). I think the outer short is probably a sweater, with a collar of a different material. On a final note, if he was truly out of place there, would not the other people in the picture be noticing something odd about him? In those days, styles were not as varied as today, and someone too different would attract a lot of attention, I would imagine.

Now, not saying time travel isn't possible; I rather love the idea of it. Although, I would imagine one doing so would dress for the period, would they not?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Today the picture appears in the biggest Norwegian newspaper with the headline: Who is the hip guy on this picture, speculations about time travel.

www.dagbladet.no...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
Today the picture appears in the biggest Norwegian newspaper with the headline: Who is the hip guy on this picture, speculations about time travel.

www.dagbladet.no...

Wow! Did it appear in the print edition?

The article links to a blog that works to debunk it.

Norwegian Article Translation

Fark Link

Very interesting!

Thanks for the update!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You are referring to the grandfather paradox.

Easily avoided using Terry Pratchett's "Trouser Legs of time" theory.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by misterhype

After doing more research on this I've found a photo of this guy from the year 2010, all I need is his name and witnesses so this can become legitimate.

And you need to answer your u2u message also. For the sake of this, god damn it

Edit: Same facial structure, clothing, etc. Color also. Would anyone be interested or no? This deserves a new thread

[edit on 17-5-2010 by empathy5975]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by empathy5975

Post the pic here. I would like to see it. I hadn't checked this thread in a while, but just saw the new post today.

I think we had seen positive proof in this thread already that the clothes he is wearing did exist in that time. Including the sunglasses.

I would like to see any new pics though. But. keep in mind there have already been photo shopped images of this same guy in this thread.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by empathy5975
www.fark.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe if the dude in the 1940's photo had a Led Zep t-shirt on or something, that would be better proof. Somebody get working on that!

P.S. - Besides, I thought all time travelers either dressed in silver jumpsuits or jeans, plaid shirt and red down vest.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I wonder if they were being sarcastic or funny when they posted that photo? Although the resemblance is uncanny. You mentioned there was another claim of knowing the individual in the present day. Can you link to that?

It doesnt even look like him, the hair is too different, The photo in question shows a man with thin receding hair. The man in that forum has short thick hair.
Although, the man might not have even been back in time yet

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

He does look out of place. the shirt seems to be a logo and not made at home. I would try and find out who made that shirt and when they made it. also with research you should also be able to find out who made the sunglasses and when they were made.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello,

I have to ask one question, with all the focus on this picture for a suppossed time traveler, how did everyone miss the fact that there are 3 of the SAME man in the photo?

Maybe the time traveler tarveled back too many times and caused universes to converge.

Dorian Soran

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

Hmmm. I never did notice how similar those 3 look.
Same hat, same glasses, same clothes. Wow...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
Hello,

I have to ask one question, with all the focus on this picture for a suppossed time traveler, how did everyone miss the fact that there are 3 of the SAME man in the photo?

Maybe the time traveler tarveled back too many times and caused universes to converge.

Dorian Soran

Great catch! There are also what appear to be a pair of twins under the #2, close to each other.

Very interesting photo indeed.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I originally was not going to comment on the photo being it was an old thread, but I did not see anyone asking the one question that I thought should have been asked.

Why was the photo taken, it looks like it was at an event of some kind. I know from other photos I have seen of this kind, people dresses up like these folks are, gathered around, that t more than likely would have been for a specific event. Which would more than likely require all attendees be dressed a certain way. Though the clothing for the fellow in question isn’t out of place for the era, it would be out of place for a formal dress event.

The lighting is indeed different between the others in attendance and the young man, though be it slightly, which could be because he is turned different, but the size difference between this individual’s face and others is definitely a bit odd.

If it is photo manipulation, and that is what I am leaning towards, it was done extremely well. It does not even need to be a photo shopped picture, it could have been a picture that was altered for a school project back at the time by someone with good skills.

It could be a legit photo, of a normal kid attending an event, that decided not to dress properly, but it is a bit odd.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Was not really going to comment on the photo but felt I could add a little. The sunglasses are a vintage pair of Ray Ban's from the 40's that were popular back then. The sweater he is wearing looks like an old University of Michigan sweater from what I can see of that era. My brother went to UM and has a ton of vintage sports and school memorabilia that he collects.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My goodness there are a LOT of things going on in that picture, isnt there?

I just saw the twins ( or what seem to be twins ) in that picture as pointed out by someone a little bit up in this thread. WEIRD to say the least.

Also, I get spooked everytime I look at my picture ( all I did was add numbers ) that shows what appears to be 3 of the same man - I numbered them 1-2-3

My "out there" explanation beyond any kind of photo manipulation would be a time traveler ( not the man wearing the sweater but the man in the hat ) and that man didnt finish his "job" the first time, or even the second so there are 3 instances of him at the same point in time, with only 1 of them being aware of the other 2 and 2 of the them being aware of the first one and the first one thinking he is the only one.

TIME TRAVEL MAKES MY HEAD HURT!

Dorian Soran

PS - that letter sweater be an old "West Virgina" "W" sweater with a small "V" not visable.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join