It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

LOL it IS Doc Brown!!

But seriously, I was half expecting to see a guy in a Sesame Street tee with a Kodak Easy Share. Now that would have been cool

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The arms and hands look out of proportion to the rest of his body, nothing more than a good attempt at photoshopping in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Wouldn't it be cool if he was using a Oakley and a Nike t-shirt?

Unfortunately the stuff he is using was pretty common by that time.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't know about the guy in cheap shades, he does seem out of place, but not as much as the man in the back with the Cowboys jersey on, says Romo on the back. What's all that about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe this thread on Albert is still on-going.

Leave poor Albert alone, he's been through enough. Do you realise how much time travel to the extent this guy has done takes out of you?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
IF you look at the haircut, it is very typical of the time. Also, the T-shirt in question looks like a Michigan football jersey or from another school with the simple two color scheme, also typical of the time. The glasses have the sides enlarged to block the light. My grandfather had a pair of those, so nothing suspicious there. The camera? You can't tell if its an old 35mm or a box style from this photo, but it doesn't show any signs of being 'from the future'. The sweater is an old style I've seen before. This guy is pretty much the typical 20 something of the 40s.

If you look at the trends in our society, we tend to go through cycles, especially when it comes to styles. Those styles are sometimes exaggerated, like going from long hair to short (now it seems that completely shorn is the thing). Bell bottoms came in, again, and now the skinny jeans are coming back to replace them.

This photo shows nothing new or out of place. You're looking too hard.

-Pazz

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This photo IS NOT photoshopped. It is a digital scan from a real physical photograph from a reputable Canadian virtual Museum project.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
This photo IS NOT photoshopped. It is a digital scan from a real physical photograph from a reputable Canadian virtual Museum project.

Link please?

edit: found

www.virtualmuseum.ca...

Anyone look up this alledged musuem in the phone book? Does it exist? Do they have the original?
Contacted the faceless owner (who may co-incidently look alot like albert)
and asked for the original ?
Im of the beleif its photoshopped, though it may be exactly what it seems, a photo of a particulary hip looking dude in the 40's. Nothing more.

Will the real Albert please stand up?

I may have found Albert! This photo is from the same website, of minors at the mine when it closed.
The guy circled looks like Albert, same shape face.

www.virtualmuseum.ca...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59f00b578644.jpg[/atsimg]

and albert

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c850260aae68.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It really is hard to tell if that is him or not. It could also be possible that the time traveler was 'stuck' in that time period and assimilated to the society of that time period.

I have contacted the Museum and left a message in hopes of getting some additional information on the photo and possibly a much higher resolution scan.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla I just wonder what it would be like to meet yourself for the first time sometimes.

I think that if time travel to the past was possible then we would have guests from the future telling us that we're on the wrong way. That would cause us to change the future and what would the future end up with? If someone in the future have invented such a thing then they probably will never use it... Anyway i do not believe in the travel to the past. The picture? I dont see anything strange about the camera, sunglasses or t-shirt.

However if some of you don't know, it iss possible to travel to the future, but there is no way to get back to the past. In fact astronauts in space are now travelling to the future. How? The time there in space is a bit different, they travel to the future faster for about 10%. Therefore after 10 years on earth, you will be 10 years older, where as they will be older by about 11 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Keeping the myth alive............

A school picture that I think might be the "Hipster".
Front row, same town, same time frame, in the white shirt. Fourth from the left.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d4ade23e984.jpg[/atsimg]

The girl above Eddie Haskel is using her foot to fondle his bum, and he likes it.
That kid on the far left really needs to get to the bathroom.

[edit on 26/3/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
interestin OP

however why is everyone having deluded fantasies about meeting your gpa back in the day?
first off if time travel is possible then to go back in time would be incredibally insanely expensive
not just anyone would be allowed to go back in time you could screw something up majorly by not doing anything
the governments would never ever let regular joe go back in time or forward for that matter
secrt agencies would go back in time and change history to their liking
time travel is probably impossible with my theory here it is

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time,

its impossible you see?

When you go back in time you go to a parallel universe. You can't effect this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I got to ask this- because honestly, after the 4th, or 5th post of this seemingly obscure picture from an equally obscure website- Why? Who is circulating this pic around and claiming it's a time traveler? Is it because people want to jump in and get stars and flags, and think just repeating the same story is going to get them? Is it a meme? A social experiment?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

When you go back in time you go to a parallel universe. You can't effect this one.

And just how do you know this.

Are you a time traveler ?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

and why not? whats this parrelel universe stuff? i think my theory makes more sense

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

or... you went back in time and killed hitler... and then stalin tried taking over the world:
en.wikipedia.org...&_Conquer:_Red_Alert

=P

oh that makes sense lol. i think your thinking of the parrelell universe thing though

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

I don't have any reason to doubt that it is a real picture from the 1940s.

The only problem I have is that the guy does not look that out-of-place. As others have repeatedly pointed out, and as I had already shown in my earlier post here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...everything about that guy is something that would have been seen in the late 1940s:
The "letter sweater" was common among young people in the 1940s, the guy's haircut was common in the late 1940s (look at James Dean in the very early 1950s), similar sunglasses were around in the 1940s, and the camera looks like one used in the 1940s.

So why are people still going on about this guy looking "out of place"? Sure -- I admit he is the "hippest" person in that photo, but what does that prove?
He certainly isn't the only person in the late 1940s who looked and dressed like that.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very interesting picture! Superimposed? Maybe. Time-traveller? We can always hope so. That said, he's probably not a time-traveller. Just some 1940s freak.

Of course, if the next time that picture appears in a historical reference, and he's edited out, or the government starts saying the modern fashion style appeared half-a-decade earlier than previously thought, we may be onto a conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
UPDATE!: I just received a response from the virtual museum.

Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) and the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN). The VMC is an initiative of the Department of Canadian Heritage, and is an online portal to the rich stories and treasures that have been entrusted to Canada’s museums.

It appears that this image is getting a considerable amount of attention on the Web. In response to your request, while CHIN administers the VMC, the actual content is created and produced by our museum members. It is also our members who own the copyright of the texts and images they have provided. In this case, the image was used from the collection at the Bralorne Pioneer Museum in British Columbia, Canada.

www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca...

Unfortunately, it is a seasonal museum and will not re-open until late in the spring, and are not reachable until then. Our opinion at the VMC is that this photo is not photoshopped, but we do not have access to the original image to confirm with absolute certainty.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions related to CHIN's or the VMC's programs and services.

Sincerely,
Martine Lachance

So it appears we will have to wait another few weeks to contact the museum directly.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Something is seriously wrong with this. Maybe he is the inventor of 20th century fashion?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join