It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am sorry if this was posted previously as i didn't have
time to read the whole thread

Take a look at the guy directly behind the "hipster"
hes sporting a hat and a ear now think of just removing the "hipster" right out of the picture look at the position of his elderly looking hands holding
the camera imagine those hands on the head sporting
the hat and the ear behind the "hipster"
even the sleeves look like a suit jacket sleeve. Seems to me
his upper body was plopped right on top of the hat and ear guy
just a thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Someone sent this back from the future...seems legit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e73d50429b33910c.jpg[/atsimg]

-m0r

Dear God Mor1arty you had me laughing my arse off tonight!!! Id love to see you make a few more of these...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am really surprised to find this thread still going. He isn't a time traveler. This picture was from a local historical site. Why would someone fake a picture from there. If I was going to fake a picture to start a threat going on ATS I would put it in a much more obvious place. There have been some funny comments to this thread, but I think it's over.

If you look at the full set of pictures from the OP's link, you will find several other sets of those very same glasses either on display or on other people. They are more than likely just miners safety glasses that are not well lit because of shadowing.

I'm one of the biggest conspiracy theorists out there, but you gotta give me something plausible and then back it up further with more evidence.

It's not fake. It wasn't planted to have someone "find" Albert. And by the way, his last name is Miller. Hence the large M on his wool sweater with the collar turned in.
Move along people. There's nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I ran across this photo while searching for evidence of a time traveler. It appears to show a guy in sunglasses, a t-shirt with a logo, some sort of coat that looks straight out of old navy, and holding what appears to be a camera.

It was found here.

Link to Virtual Museum

And someone blogged about how peculiar it was here.

Prague Blog

Thoughts?

One word my friend....PHOTOBOMBED =D!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
Sorry but the light source looks uniform to me, above and behind them, clearly. No difference. The shadow of our 'time travellers' head falls on the hat of the woman infront him.

Totally agree here. The reason the shadow is different is because our man's ears stick out and his left ear is casting a shadow on the side of his face.

He is standing at nearly the same angle as the guy in the very front (in front of the lady with our man's shadow on her hat), and you can see the shadows are nearly the same...minus that gargantuan ear shadow.

Hairstyle is conducive with the time period. The dude's just weird. :-)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have simply been blown away by this picture. My inner voici is telling me something really out of the ordinary is happening in that picture. I showed this picture to my wife asking here what she thought was wrong and without hesitation she pointed that guy and said "i know this picture is faked because it is impossible that he could be in the picture". Even if i told her the picture was real and that i would show her the site were it was taken from she refused for me to even show her the original website with the picture.
I believe that this picture could be an authentic from a time traveler as there are just too many anomalies to be found. the t-shirt, hair style and glasses. The guy does look to be from the end of the 80's or beginng of the 90's i would say juding by the hairstlye.
Quite an interesting find really and looks authentic to me. I hope we will find more about this in the near future... it could lead to something very big indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's not fake. It wasn't planted to have someone "find" Albert. And by the way, his last name is Miller. Hence the large M on his wool sweater with the collar turned in.
Move along people. There's nothing to see here.

But we all agree his name's Albert right?
Yeah Maybe its a clever photoshop fit up, Maybe Albert is the hoaxer Himself, Either way I still say he's a rather ordinary Fellow, Not really a time traveller.

He has now made his mark on the world though, climbing from obscure small town journo, to movie star and time traveller and antiestablishmentarian Rebel with questionable dress sense and a bad hair do!
Go Albert, Whoever you are, long may you Live on in the hearts of fun loving ATS members!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d9cc615ce53.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for alot of laughs Folks!

[edit on 22-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
his hairstyle says he's in the right era.

i think this is just a younger person amonst older people.
you put a young punk in the middle of a crowd of nanna's and papa's today and you'll probably get the same effect!

Your not opening your eyes up enuff my freind!

So the guy standing infront of him (front row) is not of a similar age, if not younger? wot about the young lady making her way though the crowd, almost making eye contact as if to say "whos that strange fella" and shes most certainly younger!

He has a logo-ed t-shirt on, he has sunglasses on, his hair cut is Nothing like a man of his age in that time era should be sporting out & about, he look very much out of place & time, and very much like a modern day paparazi... ?

i would also say the guy slap bang in the center of the pic was odd also, wot is the history behind this photo does anybody know? wot the crowd was looking at...

*EDIT*
Photoshop i knew i was right about wally being out of place. STILL

Time travels impossible? maybe you need to have a listen to this... very very very intresting.

DR David Lewis Anderson - Time Travel Technology Disclosure
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-3-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The shirt, sunglasses, and the hair style were all around in the 1940s and 1950s. Granted, the guy is the hippest guy in the picture, but so what? Even today you can see a crowd of people in which one person looks a lot "cooler" than everyone else.

Here are examples from the 1940s and 1950s of the styles that guy is wearing:

It was common in the 1940s to have the letter of your High School or college on the front of your sweater, just like in this "Archie Comics" from 1942:
Sweater with Letter Graphic

Here are a similar style of sunglasses from the 1940s with the side shields (these have green lenses -- the ones in the photo may have black lenses):
1940s Sunglasses
1940s Ray ban Aviators

here are a few of pictures from the 1940s and 1950s of people with similar hairstyles:
Actor James Dean, early 1950s
Another James Dean photo, 1950-ish
Football Player Elroy Hirsch, late 1940s
Sir Edmund Hillary, 1953

There is nothing about that guy that is terribly out of place in the 1940s

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
interestin OP

however why is everyone having deluded fantasies about meeting your gpa back in the day?
first off if time travel is possible then to go back in time would be incredibally insanely expensive
not just anyone would be allowed to go back in time you could screw something up majorly by not doing anything
the governments would never ever let regular joe go back in time or forward for that matter
secrt agencies would go back in time and change history to their liking
time travel is probably impossible with my theory here it is

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time, hitler became a problem so
you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time,

its impossible you see?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
interestin OP

however why is everyone having deluded fantasies about meeting your gpa back in the day?
first off if time travel is possible then to go back in time would be incredibally insanely expensive
not just anyone would be allowed to go back in time you could screw something up majorly by not doing anything
the governments would never ever let regular joe go back in time or forward for that matter
secrt agencies would go back in time and change history to their liking
time travel is probably impossible with my theory here it is

you go back in time to kill hitler, but if you did that hitler would never have been a problem and you wouldnt have gone back in time, but since you didnt go back in time,

its impossible you see?

or... you went back in time and killed hitler... and then stalin tried taking over the world:
en.wikipedia.org...&_Conquer:_Red_Alert

=P

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

but I have noticed at least two members, or very new members, trying their hardest to put the idea down, something I have recently grown to distrust, simply because of the reactions, the determination, the excuses, their remarks on other similar threads, and that being their only history here, have a small investigation yourselves and you will notice something a little odd.

Yeah Nobodys mentioned the apparent zipper on his outer garment yet.
So what?

inventors.about.com...

Originally posted by joey_hv
This thread degenerated to BTS status about 7 pages ago...srsly...

When I first saw this thread and the amount of stars I thought to myself wow this could be interesting, after the first few posts I was extremely let down. Nothing left to say other than WHAT IS ATS BECOMING?

Right! Whats the difference between ATS and BTS excepting the intention?
Do you beleive ATS is more credible and dignified because some equally persist and fanatical debunkers insist on dignifying such nonsense here, by picking it apart in a faux scientific manner and calling it denying ignorance?
Denying ignorance would be Not responding to most threads here at all Imo.
The content is of the same quality more often than not.

Is something 'interesting' to you folk ,only if you beleive it and the majority of posters agree?

Both the nutjobs and the debunkers co-exist on this website like wilderbeest and lions, The rest of us are just along to watch nature in action. Threads/topics are cycles like the seasons.
The wilderbeest (nutjobs) migrate from topic to topic, thread to thread, and the Lions (debunkers) follow that migration and lie in wait with a certain hungry intensity.
Without all this the whole website would be nothing and there would not be so many members. The simbiosis makes it work.

Once you hammer the last logical scientific nail in the coffin of a topic and move on, What next, without re-runs? You run out of topics pretty quick and its boring and folk leave. So topics recycle with new POV's and the cycle begins once more.
Can ya get your big pointy teeth into that!?

Ats Lions and Wilderbeest, As Explained By Billy Connolly
(warning: Some Language)

[edit on 23-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
He just looks to out of place, not even counting the style(his hair looks common compared to the other guys, just messy).
The shading of him, minus the arms, hands and camera looks like it's from a once color picture turned black and white. The 'sweater' is black(or a dark color) on the arms, possible suited arms, verses his sweater texture.
Being that he was added on into the image

over a smaller person-look at the depth in the original picture, he should be roughly about the size of the guy most foward holding the camera.

Also, he has no hat on, wouldn't that mean that the side of his face/back of head facing towards the sun would have more contrast?

If it does hold as a true picture, somehow, I wouldn't disbelieve him being a Beatnik.

Gotta love back pictures and old over contrasted pictures for manip fun.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Remember in back to the future where MArty McFly is walking around in modern clothes and no one noticed haha..Thats this dude..either that or his fasion sense was WAY ahead of his time

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 23-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

good find! I was focusing on that camera too and didn't see anything that looked 'out of time' if you will.

one odd thing: does it seem to anyone else that the girl to his right & slightly higher is looking at him, as well as the man closest to him, in a strange way? may be imagining things but it certainly looks that way.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
maybe this is John Titor in the first picture !

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by S.O.66
maybe this is John Titor in the first picture !

Now now, please, we've already 'established' his name is Albert , surname possibly Kramer, possibly, lewis, possibly miller.
But its "Albert" In my heart!

Can somebody please use their amazing photoshop skills to give the cutout of albert above, some color? I feel He deserves it!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree that he looks a little "odd" but I think it is just because he is much younger looking then the people around him. The feller standing closest to the car has what looks like a camera as well, so having a camera doesn't really sell it. The sunglasses look "era appropriate" to me, although I am far from an expert
and I think he may be wearing some kind of collegiate shirt that has lettering, since it looks like a dark "M" against a white background. He just looks weird in the surroundings IMO. If he were wearing a Sesame Street shirt and jamming to an I-Pod, that would be pretty cool LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join