It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I ran across this photo while searching for evidence of a time traveler. It appears to show a guy in sunglasses, a t-shirt with a logo, some sort of coat that looks straight out of old navy, and holding what appears to be a camera.

It was found here.

Link to Virtual Museum

And someone blogged about how peculiar it was here.

Prague Blog

Thoughts?

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Holy cow!!! Yep, people in the 40's did not have T-shirts, cameras, or cool haircuts. Oh wait, yes they did.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That looks really weird. Hopefully we will be able to time travel by this summer. I just wonder what it would be like to meet yourself for the first time sometimes.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love this site for its sheer imagination. Alledged photographic evidence of time travelers is a new one on me so far. Interesting.
The guy in the photo has what looks like a box browney camera, nothing chronologically wrong with that.
The alledged t-shirt looks more like a collared shirt tucked under a sweater with a logo to me.(then the cardigan on top)
Are logos chronologically out of place in the 40's? Are they sunglasses or is it merely shadow and the angle of lenses from the veiwer that make them appear dark? Are sunglasses chronologically out of place in the 40's?
Has the photo/film been age verified?
Where is the data.?
Show me a guy with a digital watch in the early 1900's and you've got me sold.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Is that Waldo?!

Seriously, the guy does look a little out of place. Everyone else is wearing suits, and he is dressed like a mountaineer.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
-head explodes-

Actually, it looks exceptionally out of place, but I wouldn't say this proves anything.
wayaboveitall explains alot...but it is a wild shot anyhow.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Is that Waldo?!

Seriously, the guy does look a little out of place. Everyone else is wearing suits, and he is dressed like a mountaineer.

And where is his hat! Must be one of them commie hooligans whom talk about how women should be able to vote and all that youthful nonsense!.

heh...simplier times, and cooler hats.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
zooming in on his camera I think it might be this Link

But at least we now now who started the dodgey jacket over t-shirt look.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I didn't see the guy at first and then outta where he popped up at me. Great find

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
his hairstyle says he's in the right era.

i think this is just a younger person amonst older people.
you put a young punk in the middle of a crowd of nanna's and papa's today and you'll probably get the same effect!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Notice how no one in the photo is giving him a second look. He must not seem all that odd to them so why should he to us. Most of the folks in the photo are older and of course they would dress differently. It is not at all unusual for people to dress differently. He is certainly of a different generation than the rest in the photo. He could be from out of town visiting from France because we all know the French dress weird. He could simply have a sense of style. Jumping to the conclusion that he MUST be a time traveler simply because he looks different makes Michael Jackson the biggest time traveler of them all.

Occam's razor. He is just a guy with different style.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It looks like a young man that is probably sporting a sweater with his school letter on it. Thats my two cents

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, had to get Mom involved to debunk this one. She is an artist, and is excellent with light and shadow. I didn't tell her the context of the photo, I just asked her to tell me what was wrong with it. She immediately pointed out the guy that seemed out of place. Then she point out how his black and white shading was different, and how the shadow on his face was different than the people beside him. She said the main photo light source was immediately to the right, but the light on him appeared to come from an angle more at the top right of the photo. There is light on his hand that seems out of place, and the man doesn't appear to be leaving a shadow from his light source on the people in front of him, or from the main light source on the people to his right (our left).

She concluded it was some type of superimposed photo, and the she asked me what it was for.

I told her it was a time travelling, Old Navy working, photographer, and she asked me why nobody standing around him seemed to notice is odd apparel. Then she went back to backing Crescent Cookies!

Mom knows best! (BTW, I am 36 and visiting Mom today, LOL!)

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nice to wonder about something you havent considered before though. Star for the op, but no flag since you made no comment yourself.
I never would have thought the unexplained might be discovered in a such a way though.
Any direct claims as such not on dateable film media must be excluded though, digital images immeadiately. I once made a perfect image of my 9 Yo daugher holding herself as a baby, with digital editing software.
Nobody noticed until she herself ask when it was taken and who the baby was? We had alot of fun with it, including a new version with her holding her mother as a baby.

Photographic flaws must be ruled out if objects are in question, as must light anomalies. Such anomalies rule out 99% of ghost images imo.

A genuine photo, scientically tested, would certainly bemind blowing though. A fun idea.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I thought the same thing as getreadyalready's mom when I first saw him; the lighting on him just looks different.

Then I thought "Hey, he looks kind of like The Dude."

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
not that I'm any huge expert, but I am unaware of logos on t shirts in the 40s. I have been dealing in vintage clothes for over 15 yrs, and have never seen any thing like it, nor have i seen anything like it in advertising in any 1940s catalogs or magazines. the big M looks very late 80s to me..... maybe this dude was the 1st beatnik?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry but the light source looks uniform to me, above and behind them, clearly. No difference. The shadow of our 'time travellers' head falls on the hat of the woman infront him.
Sorry Mum, new bifocals ?

not that I'm any huge expert, but I am unaware of logos on t shirts in the 40s. I have been dealing in vintage clothes for over 15 yrs, and have never seen any thing like it, nor have i seen anything like it in advertising in any 1940s catalogs or magazines. the big M looks very late 80s to me..... maybe this dude was the 1st beatnik

fair enough comment, but where is the data, will you dig deeper?
Im sure there were football jerseys in the 40s no? maybe its early 50's?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the old guy in the very bottom right corner who seems to have no eyes

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Thoughts?

Many people were out of their place through history...

Batman during Fidel Castro speech:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ff31e7e6210.jpg[/atsimg]

Spider man giving a hand in WWII:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b2cf33fa66.jpg[/atsimg]

The "Big Four" at the Yalta conference, Winston Churchill, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Joseph Stalin and Darth Vader:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee64659b4080.jpg[/atsimg]

-

I don't want to confirm the time travel, just want to confirm that weird things happens through history.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by One Step Beyond...]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Mom knows best! (BTW, I am 36 and visiting Mom today, LOL!)

Well there it is, Mom weighed in...now everyone get back and clean that pig sty of a room up!

save a cookie for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join