It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Clear Intent ~ Lawrence Fawcett Interview.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Together with Barry Greenwood, Lawrence Fawcett has done some excellent work uncovering government documents about the UFO subject - in the radio interview below he goes into quite some detail about reported UFO incidents and discusses the declassified documents featured in his co-authored book 'Clear Intent'.

Presentation.

Lawrence Fawcett, a UFO investigator for twenty years, has held memberships in the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) and the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO) and has also served as the Early Warning coordinator in New England for the Air Force-sponsored "Condon Committee" UFO study. He is on the National Board of Directors for the Center for UFO studies (CUFOS) and is the assistant director and chief investigator for Citizens Against UFO Secrecy (CAUS). This startling presentation is based on his best-selling book, CLEAR INTENT and digs deep into the U.S. Government Cover-Up of UFOs

Research History:

The Sign Historical Group - Government Folders.

This listing of government file folder headings represents 25 years of research into official interest in the UFO phenomena. The great majority of them are the result of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) actions against official agencies in the U.S., and by similar legal actions abroad.

The information was assembled at significant cost: thousands of dollars and hours. These folders are the background documentation for the book, CLEAR INTENT, co-authored with Lawrence Fawcett and the organizational files for Citizens Against UFO Secrecy (CAUS) from 1984 through 1998. A substantial portion of the records are copies, and sometimes originals, of data acquired by researcher Robert Todd of Ardmore, Pennsylvania, who has had a huge impact on public knowledge of government UFO investigations from the mid-1970s until the late-1990s. Todd's legacy on this issue cannot be understated. Through his intricate knowledge of government agencies and their activities, he was able to pave the way to unearth more important records on this subject than any other investigator. In more recent times, another researcher, Jan Aldrich, has plowed a path through government records by personally visiting government file collections and unearthing documentation directly, rather than working through FOIA. His contributions to the subject are also reflected in these folders.

Link

Interview:

Paracast Interview with Larry Fawcett and Don Ecker:

Intro

Part One

Part Two

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Barry Greenwood Archives

Documents

Barry Greenwood has been collecting UFO publications for over 40 years. His collection has become famous as a reference set for those who want to research the UFO field.
To do any kind research, be it historical or involving UFOs, four things are required: materials, researchers, access and forums. Materials include UFO documents, reports, articles, and in this case UFO publications.

You need discerning researchers to classify, analyze, and interpret the material, while the researchers, of course, need access to the material. Finally, you need a forum or fora where analysis and work can be reviewed. To get to these goals you must have a first-rate collection of material.

Barry Greenwood's publication collection is the foundation for a complete reference set of publications, at least for material produced in North America.

The listings in the Greenwood publication collections represent material in his possession. In the case of UFO publications there are many missing issues and even publications that are not known to us.

Link

Articles:

Welcome to Barry Greenwood's index of UFO and Fortean-related professional and nonprofessional articles appearing in periodicals. There are over 7,535 items in this index ranging from the early 1600's through to the current year. Barry has spent over 40 years compiling this listing and we are pleased to be able to host it here on the Sign Historical Group website.

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out this video. Clear Intent is among my top books on UFOs. If the UFO phenomenon isn't anything special, the existence of this vast bulk of official government documentation makes less than no sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Do you know if there is any more video of the rest of that presentation?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Thanks for pointing out this video. Clear Intent is among my top books on UFOs. If the UFO phenomenon isn't anything special, the existence of this vast bulk of official government documentation makes less than no sense.

Orkojoker, thanks for the reply and your right about 'Clear Intent' being a very important book (love your sig btw
)

I couldn't find any further footage of Larry Fawcett's presentation but he does go into some pretty comprehensive detail about UFO documentation in the Paracast radio interview linked above - he makes some very interesting remarks about the 1975 North American flyovers and also comments on the true attitudes of many policemen when it comes to the UFO subject.

UFOs INTRUDE INTO SAC BASE WEAPONS AREAS:

Northern U.S., October-November, 1975.

Over a period of about three weeks in October and November of 1975, several Strategic Air Command (SAC) bases in the northern tier states were placed on a high priority (Security Option 3) alert because of repeated intrusions of unidentified aircraft flying at low altitude over atomic weapons storage areas. The Commander-in-Chief of North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) sent a four-part message to NORAD units on November 11, 1975 summarizing the events. Some excerpts follow:

"Since 28 Oct 75 numerous reports of suspicious objects have been received at the NORAD CU; reliable military personnel at Loring AFB, Maine, Wurtsmith AFB, Michigan, Malmstrom AFB, Mt, Minot AFB, ND, and Canadian Forces Station, Falconbridge, Ontario, Canada have visually sighted suspicious objects."

Link

Government documents - Loring AFB (pdf)

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Interview with Richard Hall and Barry Greenwood - co-author of the book 'Clear Intent'.

Major Keyhoe Archive Vol 1 No 5 (pdf)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is one I did not see yesterday. Mr Fawcett is a tireless researcher who seems to stay out of the limelight. That is a refreshing change of pace, but he needs to get credit for his tireless research. Thank you for the links.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, thanks for the reply -yes Larry and Barry are definitely two of the good guys in UFO research and certainly need to be recognized for the work they've put in uncovering (a huge amount of) government UFO documents.

The comments made by Don Ecker before the interview just about sum Lawrence Fawcett up:

If you value genuine UFO information, and if you respect a real and honest to God "professional" investigator, then I envy your listening to this episode for the first time.

The evening of February 11, 1995 I had on just retired police Lieutenant Larry Fawcett, who along with Barry Greenwood wrote one of the most important books ever on military/government UFO information and coverup - Clear Intent. This was the first of several interviews I conducted with Larry, a long time friend and respected (especially by me) professional investigator. Larry's contributions to the aspect of UFO investigations is far and wide.

In this interview we touched upon (in depth) the 1975 incursions into Air Force nuclear weapons areas, Larry's inter-actions with the military, other police agencies and even the FBI. Of course there was much more.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

In this interview we touched upon (in depth) the 1975 incursions into Air Force nuclear weapons areas, Larry's inter-actions with the military, other police agencies and even the FBI. Of course there was much more.

Link

Thread on the 1975 incidents:

The SAC Base UFO Flyovers - Oct/Nov, 1975.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Back in the early '80s I saw Larry and Barry when they were publicizing their book "CLEAR INTENT". It was a fascinating lecture and the book was just as good. Whenever possible, especially here, I've recommended the book and said Larry and Barry were the models for Steven Greer. They were the original disclosure-ists.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Whenever possible, especially here, I've recommended the book and said Larry and Barry were the models for Steven Greer. They were the original disclosure-ists.

Shrike, thanks for the reply and I agree about the excellent work done by Larry and Barry - there's an interesting resignation letter below by Barry Greenwood for CAUS and many folks think it was down to the involvement of Stephen Greer in the organization.

Barry Greenwood's CAUS Resignation Statement

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
doesn't it seem strange that all the recent movies, and now these "researchers" are portraying UFO's as security risks, and aliens as bad guys waiting to take over the world?
if aliens are visiting earth, they are so far advanced, that the " security risks" are a non-starter...they could have already taken over earth many times over.
it sounds like some people are using this to advance military purchases, at the same time instill fear in the general public...the exact opposite of what should be happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Whenever possible, especially here, I've recommended the book and said Larry and Barry were the models for Steven Greer. They were the original disclosure-ists.

Shrike, thanks for the reply and I agree about the excellent work done by Larry and Barry - there's an interesting resignation letter below by Barry Greenwood for CAUS and many folks think it was down to the involvement of Stephen Greer in the organization.

Barry Greenwood's CAUS Resignation Statement

Cheers.

Thanks for the link to Barry's resignation letter, it's been many years since I last read it. Notice that in the few names he includes of people he trusted he mentions Robert Todd who is, my opinion, UFOlogy's unsung hero. But the believers, particularly in the "UFO crash at Roswell", would not honor him because he burst their UFO fantasy bubble with his deep research. Also, denouncing Jesse Marcel for the fool he became and letting the b.s. about Roswell go to his head.

Here is some stuff from Barry's letter and Todd's webpage, edited by me:
"I want to thank Larry Fawcett and Robert Todd for their contributions
during the CAUS era,"

"Todd's persistence paid off a second time when he persuaded the Air Force to release Major Jesse Marcel's service records under the requirements of the FOIA. These documents, unsuccessfully sought after by other researchers, cast serious doubt on Jessie's memory of the events in 1947.(KowPhlop Quarterly; December 8, 1995)"

"Robert Todd retired from the Roswell investigation in 1999, and unfortunately passed away in March, 2007. He was quite satisfied that the available evidence shows conclusively that the whole Roswell Saga was built on the misidentification of NYU Flight #4's radar reflectors, aging memories, over-active imaginations, and the Storytellers eagerness to tell a sensational tale."

I would have changed the last sentence to say "...Storytellers eagerness to sell a sensational tale."

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thanks for the link to Barry's resignation letter, it's been many years since I last read it. Notice that in the few names he includes of people he trusted he mentions Robert Todd who is, my opinion, UFOlogy's unsung hero. But the believers, particularly in the "UFO crash at Roswell", would not honor him because he burst their UFO fantasy bubble with his deep research.

Shrike, you're right about Robert Todd being held in very high regard - here's what Barry Greenwood had to say about him at the Sign Historical Group link:

A substantial portion of the records are copies, and sometimes originals, of data acquired by researcher Robert Todd of Ardmore, Pennsylvania, who has had a huge impact on public knowledge of government UFO investigations from the mid-1970s until the late-1990s.Todd's legacy on this issue cannot be understated. Through his intricate knowledge of government agencies and their activities, he was able to pave the way to unearth more important records on this subject than any other investigator.

Link

As for the infamous Roswell crash, I do think Francis Ridge makes some very interesting points at this link about the sheer abundance of UFO sightings in July 1947 - Ted Bloecher also makes some pretty intriguing comments in his book 'Report on the UFO Wave of 1947'.

Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 - by Ted Bloecher,Introduction by Dr James E. Mcdonald.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbeb36f43b45.jpg[/atsimg]

Ted Bloecher in his book, "The Report on the UFO Wave of 1947", describes newspaper accounts of military pilots being placed on 24-hour alert, and radar operators on 24-hour standby, all looking skyward and hoping that whatever was invading our airspace was not a new threat to our national security that might lead to another war. In most of these (over 1500 incidents) the objects were described as round or disc-shaped. In fact, half of them occurred in broad daylight.

E-Book Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

snip
As for the infamous Roswell crash, I do think Francis Ridge makes some very interesting points at this link about the sheer abundance of UFO sightings in July 1947 - Ted Bloecher also makes some pretty intriguing comments in his book 'Report on the UFO Wave of 1947'.

Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 - by Ted Bloecher,Introduction by Dr James E. Mcdonald.

Ted Bloecher in his book, "The Report on the UFO Wave of 1947", describes newspaper accounts of military pilots being placed on 24-hour alert, and radar operators on 24-hour standby, all looking skyward and hoping that whatever was invading our airspace was not a new threat to our national security that might lead to another war. In most of these (over 1500 incidents) the objects were described as round or disc-shaped. In fact, half of them occurred in broad daylight.

Cheers.

Ted Bloecher was another UFOlogist I enjoyed reading material from. I also took part for a little while in Project 1947 when it first started. I think that the reason that UFOs were not more popular with the general public in 1947 through the '60s was that looking up was not a major activity as it became later with the advent of camcorders. Very few were walking around with 8mm emulsion film (and less with 16mm) and still cameras, mostly tourists, and they were captivated by the local sights.

As an example, in 1960something I had just exited a Times Square theater in late afternoon and as I waited to cross an intersection I saw a green fireball low over New Jersey in the space between buildings. I was dumbfounded and looked around and saw no one reacting to it. Nowadays, with everyone aiming a camera or a camcorder everywhere, more such events are captured which is why we now have millions of photos and videos of UFOs than could have been possible in 1947, before and after.

I joined the Air Force in 1955 and until I went to North Africa in 1957 I hadn't heard of flying saucers so it wasn't an everyday subject.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Hey Shrike, very interesting account and kudos for being involved in Project 1947 -even if for only a little while.

There's an interesting interview in this file (pdf) with Ted Bloecher where he discusses his early work within UFO investigation - he also covers the CSI files, NICAP and the reasons for his retirement from active research.

As for the excellent work of Robert Todd - the article below goes into some pretty interesting detail about the documents he uncovered, the Office of Naval Intelligence and the Pentagon being aware of 'marine' UFOs.

The Marine Connection

Another top secret document unknown to the American public at the time the Shalett and Ginna articles were published, and not uncovered until 1985 through the Freedom of Information Act by the efforts of researcher Robert Todd, was Air Intelligence Division Study No. 203 titled "Analysis Of Flying Object Incidents In The U.S.". In December 1948 Air Intelligence Division Study No. 203 produced by The Directorate of Air Force Intelligence and Office of Naval Intelligence made the rounds at the highest levels in select segments of the intelligence community.

This document didn't claim the UFOs were interplanetary but considered possible Soviet origin and described the parameters and performance characteristics of past UFO sightings. Startling in this report and with incredible implication were the contents of paragraph No. 7, which stated, "The pattern of sightings is definable." "Sightings have been most intense throughout the states bordering The Atlantic and Pacific coast lines, and the central states of Ohio and Kentucky" the report added "Although reported domestic incidents are widely scattered throughout the U.S., frequency of sighting and number of observers per sighting assumes a definite pattern...

While the air force has always been associated with the study of the UFO phenomenon here we see a keen interest in the phenomenon by the Office of Naval Intelligence. This secret document of December 1948 records the observation that "Sightings have been most intense throughout the states bordering The Atlantic and Pacific coast lines". This very same observation would be repeated during the massive UFO wave of July 1952. UFOs didn't invade America's airspace from Canada or Mexico they appeared from the sea.

Absent in this report was the heavy concentration of UFO sightings over America's atomic testing grounds, nuclear production facilities, and nuclear storage sites in the Western part of the country. The secret document implied (1) the objects were not a threat to national security, (2) there was no evidence indicating the objects were interplanetary, (3) the objects may be an unknown "natural phenomenon".

Air Intelligence Division Study No. 203 with the help of the Office of Naval Intelligence presents the first important clue that the Pentagon was well aware of the phenomenon's marine nature. This document is one of the rarest documents in the national archives linking the Office of Naval Intelligence to any association with the investigation of the phenomenon and offers an early clue that the study of the UFO phenomenon did not fall totally within the realm of the Air Force. Could the naval UFO experience be more involved than the air force? Is there a possibility that the Navy had years ago created a special secret group to investigate the strange aerial and marine manifestations? These questions are unequaled in importance in understanding the UFO phenomenon and the evolution of the modern UFO cover-up. Air Intelligence Division Study No. 203 represents the tip of an iceberg, of naval involvement with the phenomenon that has gone unrecognized for over a hundred years.

A considerable collection of data indicates Naval experience with the phenomenon dated back to the turn of the century and the Navy had accumulated more knowledge and experience with the phenomenon than was previously known. The first journal to routinely publish reports about the phenomenon as early as the 1900's was the U.S. Naval Hydrographic Office's "Notice To Mariners". And the first name given to the enigmatic phenomenon by that same office was "Celestial Phenomenon" seen at sea. Almost fifty years later the air force would call these same enigmatic objects "Unidentified Flying Objects".

Link

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
RIP Lawrence Fawcett - UFO research has lost a great man.

Lawrence Fawcett
Niantic – Lawrence Anthony Fawcett, age 71, of 4 Flanders Rd., died Sunday, September 19, 2010, surrounded by his family.

He was born in Brooklyn, NY, June 21, 1939, the son of Lawrence D. Fawcett and Louise Speranzo Fawcett. He married Lois Gruby Fawcett on March 2, 1966, in Manchester. She survives him. Mr. Fawcett served in the United States Army. He retired from the Coventry Police Department in 1994 as a Lieutenant, a job he loved. He was respected by the town citizens he worked for, and by the men in Blue he worked or came in contact with. He started the Coventry canine unit, his first partner being Ned and later Mark. He was also in scouting, starting the Police Explorers.

His other passion was UFO Investigation. This culminated finally into a book (Clear Intent, the UFO Cover-up).

Link

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Together with Barry Greenwood, Lawrence Fawcett has done some excellent work uncovering government documents about the UFO subject - in the radio interview below he goes into quite some detail about reported UFO incidents and discusses the declassified documents featured in his co-authored book
(snip)

In 1984 I was living in L.A. and I bought "CLEAR INTENT" soon after its release. Because it was based on factual research I found it more interesting than the then current crop of UFO books with the excption of those by Jacques Vallee. Shortly after reading the book I found out that Larry was going to speak locally, I think in Culver City, not sure. If the video could be dated and the location ascertained I wouldn't be surprised if it was the lecture I attended. I was heavily involved with UFOlogy there as I was in NYC during the 1960s-1970s and Larry and Barry were emerging UFOlogy "heroes" for taking on the gov't. Too bad that Robert Todd didn't get the respect he deserved. But he's not all that forgotten

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Shrike, thanks for the reply and I do agree ´Clear Intent´ is a very important book - I was very sorry to hear about the passing of Lawrence Fawcett as he was a great, great researcher who put more effort in than most to realise serious, objective study of the UFO/OVNI subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
More information on the contents of Lawrence Fawcett and Barry Greenwood´s excellent book, ´Clear Intent´:

In particular, I always recommend The UFO Coverup (originally titled Clear Intent) by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry J. Greenwood published by Prentice-Hall in 1984. Fawcett and Greenwood provided the ultimate service of distilling into one very readable tome the 3,000 pages of previously classified documents pertaining to UFOs from the Department of State, Army, Navy, Air Force, FBI, CIA, NSA and DIA. This book should be the first given to any media personality you are trying to educate on the subject since their tendency is to accept without question the government's official releases in which they claim to be hiding nothing.

Among the exceptional sightings documented through the use of the Freedom of Information Act, we learn about visual and radar sightings over numerous military installations like the October 1965 encounter with UFOs over Edwards Air Force Base in southern California. The Edwards event is not unusual because it happened over an Air Force Base, but because it is so well documented. The FOIA petitions of Fawcett and Greenwood have also turned up documentation directly from government sources of visual and radar sightings of unidentified flying objects over Loring AFB, Maine; Malmstrom AFB, Montana; Wurtsmith AFB, Michigan; Minot AFB, North Dakota; Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota; Carson AFB, New Mexico; Elgin AFB, Florida; Fort Ritchie Army Base, Maryland; and an apparent UFO landing at Kirkland AFB, New Mexico, in 1980.

The recordings of the Air Force's phone conversations during the 1965 Edwards encounter have been made commercially available from Independent-International Pictures Corporation, and the cassette series features the original recordings from phone patches, base-to-base communications and ground-to-air radio. Anybody can now listen to the personnel at Edwards Air Force Base as they react to 12 luminous unidentified flying objects which they tracked on radar for six hours, as the decisions are made to contact officers up the chain of command including one called the "UFO Officer," and ultimately to leave the encounter "unidentified."

Far from being a joke, the entire Western Air Defense Command was on the alert on the night of October 7, 1965, during the encounter at Edwards AFB. This included NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command, a joint U.S./Canadian unit), ARADCOM (U.S. Army Air Defense Command) and five Air Force Bases in California: Edwards, Hamilton, Norton, George and March.

This formerly classified documentation of unidentifieds over our military bases was once said not to exist, and it proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that the American public has been consciously and deliberately misled by officials and a corporate media that unquestionably repeats what it is told.

Link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join