It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ithalian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been working on a fantasy novel for awhile (with admittedly very slow progress). Anyways, I've written several short stories that walk through the history of the land where the novel takes place. Here's the first of those. If there is any interest in people reading the other ones, I'll certainly post them as well. If there's not, then I won't, haha...one thing to note: these are rough drafts:

The Beginning

The Great Creators were three fold. They consisted of an author, an artist, and a musician. As the Great Author wrote the stories of the land, the Great Artist painted its landscape, and the Great Musician infused it with sound and emotion. Only when all 3 were in perfect harmony did worlds get created. Many realities did they create, but the Land of Ithalian was their masterpiece. It was a beautiful creation, with vibrant landscapes the likes of which had never before been experienced. Lush hills, bright blue rivers, and deep green forests filled the land, and even the deserts were a sight to behold.

They sent powerful beings to watch over the land. These Gods were given immense powers over their surroundings. Eight were sent into the land. Their leader was named Dariun. Tall and muscular, he had a presence that commanded attention and respect. Lylian, Therien, Sharia, and Arya were the female Gods that descended at the Great Creators command. Of these, Lylian, the most beauteous being ever to exist in Ithalian, was the wisest and guided the other Goddesses. The aforementioned Gods had pale skin, dark hair, and brilliant green eyes. The brothers Nirius and Persh, on the other hand, had blonde hair and blue eyes. These two were extremely curious by nature and had such a fierce rivalry that Dariun often times had to intervene in their arguments. So they were, the Council of the Gods; Dariun and Lylian acting as father and mother to the rest. Yet one more there was also, named Quantos. He kept to himself, often observing the other’s actions with skepticism. He appeared as a black being, taller than the rest and twice as wide. However, he was given the ability to shape shift, and rarely appeared in his natural form. None knew the extent of his power, and some believed he was even more powerful than Dariun.

The Great Creators were very pleased with their new creation. However, they knew that this new Land could not exist without Evil, so they devised a plan to contain it. They created 3 beasts and poured all evil and malice into them. One of them inhabited the Icy Barrens in the guise of a grotesque reptilian creature and would later be called Hazzalmoth. The second one lived in the Sapphire Mountains in the south. It was in the guise of a hideous bird-like creature, and was known simply as the Great Terror. The third and final creature lived off the west coast of Ithalian, in the Churning Waters. It was in the guise of a gigantic sea creature with dozens of tentacles stretching 80 feet apiece. It went nameless in the long years of its existence, and was doubted to even exist by most of Ithalian’s inhabitants. In this way did the Great Creators at first bind Evil. However, should the people of Ithalian ever slay those beasts, the Evil contained within them would spread across the land.

Thus the Land of Ithalian was brought into existence.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Perhaps not Ithalian...

kinda makes me think of Englhish or Amherican.

rather a little semantic argument I know. But when I saw the thread title I thought it was something regarding Italy..

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That's interesting. I definitely haven't thought all too much about it...I said Ithalian one day, liked it, and it stuck. What I like though, is that (and other critiques I'm sure will come) is something friends and family probably would never tell me. You know, they'll read it and be like "That's really good!" I also think, is it, or are you just saying that because you happen to care for me?

join