It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Delays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The opposition to this bill are now stating that they are going to do anything possible to delay this. This, which is scheduled for only a few minutes away to take place, may end up not happening until the middle of the night. That is what I just got from watching it Live. Just wanted to point this out because for a minute I thought we were on the verge of the vote, as it stands we might be far away in terms of time.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There will also be a 2 hour debate session coming up very soon. That is what their countdown was for. I guarantee this will be a MUST watch. If you aren't already tuning in check out this to follow along. Looks like we are in for a long haul here, and I hope that it favors those opposing the bill.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

That's interesting, because it says something as to which side has the votes and which side does not. Unfortunately, if the opposition plans to delay, it probably means that the Democrats have enough votes to pass it. Delaying would give the opponents a little more time to attempt to change a few minds.

Its going to pass, unfortunately. The best hope left of derailing this madness is for the states to sue in federal court to block it. I'm pretty sure this will end up going to the US Supreme Court before this is all over.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Yes I agree with you. What is unclear is what, if the bill gets passed today, will go into immediate effect. Nobody really knows what is going to take years and what will be in place within days.

I hope to hell that this goes against everything it possibly can that can oppose it, including the S.C. and ALL the states.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This just in :

"the buzz on the floor is that they already have the votes"

....so I guess we will just be delaying the inevitable like we all knew.

new topics

top topics

join