It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of Iniquity and Masons, Secret Societies????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Is there a connection between the "mystery of iniquity" spoken of in scripture and secret societies such as masons ???

Here are links Ive found online regarding M O I. I remeber a site talking about blackmail and secret societies, that they get some mud on someone, some scandelous evidence and then blackmail them , or just use it to keep them in line. This was related to the "mystery of iniquity" in the bible. From what Ive read so far it means to sin and do that which you know you should not do but to continue doing it.

Links:
www.dccsa.com...
www.fossilizedcustoms.com...
www.megspace.com...
www.minet.ca...

and this link which is a PDF file ..its 146 pages long all about Mystery of Iniquity but within the church :

www.markswatson.com...

Does anyone have any more info on this??

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
OK I dont expect you to read all 146 pages on that last link!!!

I made this thread to try and figure out its role in modern churchianity, and if it plays a part in the perception of todays christians. Many people hate Christians because of sterotypes and there are many christians today who would not be considered one in the early church.

Also this must have some involvement in masonary??? The bible ties this into everything from satan to son of perdition etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don't think this so called mystery really has any effect on Christianity. People have always hated Christians for one reason or another. Christianity changed the world with its ideas and challenged alot of established powers. I don't think this hatred stems from some secret locked away in the Bible. It sounds to me like these sites are just people twisting a Bible verse towards their own agenda...

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
Also this must have some involvement in masonary??? The bible ties this into everything from satan to son of perdition etc.

I don't see any way that this is tied directly to masonry. Again, it looks like people just furthering an agenda. Also, in your last link, it says that the moi is only mentioned once in the Bible. It probably doesn't tie in to everything "from satan to the son of perdition" like you believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
if you were going to link something to masonry you should probably read about the OT prophets who talked about the whitewashing of the walls and the covering of holes in the wall (only because it referes to actuall physical masonry). eziekel or isiah i think has it.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Anything that the bible has on secret societies is going to be against it because they challenge religious beliefs.

Religion has always been against anything that contradicts their views. I see the bible for what it is just a book written by mens in a men's point of view so I don't trust what it says, but rather seek the truth through historical facts that can be proven.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OK what i posted about Masonary was based on only a single site claiming that Masons use stuff against people, to black mail them to keep them in line. It may have nothing to do with masonary.

MOI is either continuing to sin against God while believing in him (that the gift of grace is the licence to sin whereas the gift of grace should be the power NOT to sin given from God!)

Something about the MOI tied into King David in the psalms. If you read the pslams its like reading about someone going through an extreme emotional upheavial. Parts of it talk about "they heard me say it" or they took the words from his mouth and condemned him with it. He was so guilty that his own words where used against him. This does relate to the MOI in that people use things against their enemies to condemn them. Seeing as God knows sins we dont even think about, but that are present in our lives, the Pslams point to Gods amazing mercy. If you read parts of it like "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" and "the lord is my shepard" its basically about trusting God and how far a person can fall into darkness and despair, but that God is always with us, and really is ever merciful.

I dont always "believe" in certain things when I post them by the way, Im just trying to find the truth .........apparently its .............Out There!!!

Anyone know where "there" is?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
OK what i posted about Masonary was based on only a single site claiming that Masons use stuff against people, to black mail them to keep them in line. It may have nothing to do with masonary.

If you could post the source of that, we would know how reliable the info was. And, we would know you are citing info from sonehwere, and not giving us your thoughts.
Just a suggestion, FWIW.

top topics

join